Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Playing multiplayer tonight on this with a friend and it's awesome. Would anyone be interested in maybe setting up an imp multiplayer game in the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't say I do, OP.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Larry Parrish posted:

Can't say I do, OP.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What?? You're missing out. It was the best Civ mod or even civ game to ever exist. Check it out. http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-from-heaven-ii

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Average Bear posted:

What?? You're missing out. It was the best Civ mod or even civ game to ever exist. Check it out. http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-from-heaven-ii

ok this actually seems kinda cool

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

ok this actually seems kinda cool

It's. Basically it's civ 4 with magic, epic Civ 4 heroes, epic+choice.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Average Bear posted:

It's. Basically it's civ 4 with magic, epic Civ 4 heroes, epic+choice.

drat..

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

so is it like the original master of magic kinda?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've heard a lot about this but I've never played it. Once my internet is fixed I'll download it and give it a shot

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is there a good beginner's guide or tutorial for this? All the options are kind of intimidating and a lot of the links on the website for it are dead

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Average Bear posted:

This seems neat.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Is there a good beginner's guide or tutorial for this? All the options are kind of intimidating and a lot of the links on the website for it are dead

It's basically like Civ 4, but the best piece of starter advice is build up a bigger army than you usually would. Barbarians are tough. The civipedia has a list of the civs and what they do.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I remember FFH2. Always had trouble getting it to work, but it was pretty cool.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
There are modmods that fix a lot where the mod left off. I use Magister Modmod to play with a buddy myself.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Well you got me to reinstall Civ IV.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

And I even got the mod to work. For some reason Beyond the Sword thinks my Computer is below spec (its not). Not sure what's up with that.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That happens a lot with games from before 64 bit was popular and the game can't recognize large RAM or sometimes hard drives

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Bump

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
FFH2 ftw. I'm no good at Civ but I'd be down to play

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

im going to play this

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I remeber playing this at lan parties. My friend thought poking the dragon and waking it up would be funny.

It turns out he was right

GorfZaplen posted:

There was an lp of it, but I dunno if it got archived

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Got a game going as Khazzad. Don't know if that's the best beginning choice, don't care.

Never really tried Civ multi player, but if Average Bear wants to organize something, Id be down for it.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Instead of developing life skills I spent literally hundreds of hours playing this mod in ym freshman and sophomore year of college. honestly i don't think theres been a better 4x experience since this mod was made but i dunno bc I don't play those games much anymore?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Got a game going as Khazzad. Don't know if that's the best beginning choice, don't care.

Never really tried Civ multi player, but if Average Bear wants to organize something, Id be down for it.

never playing multiplayer civ is like only having played counter strike with bots

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Civ MP is awesome

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah we can play tonight if there's enough people to play.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Larry Parrish posted:

Civ MP is awesome

27 OOS errors per turn sure is a thing

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Average Bear posted:

Yeah we can play tonight if there's enough people to play.

Great! My steam name is the same as my username here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

never playing multiplayer civ is like only having played counter strike with bots

ive never played civ mp. I played many many hours of Civ IV against like, the lowest difficulty AI because I liked just watching numbers go up.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

ive never played civ mp. I played many many hours of Civ IV against like, the lowest difficulty AI because I liked just watching numbers go up.

Now's your chance

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

awesome. thats what gaming is all about

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id still rather play 7 kingdoms multiplayer than civ any day of the week but theres only like 2 people i know that are insane enough to do that with me

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm home from work, how do we want to set this up?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

awesome. thats what gaming is all about

Numbers getting bigger is the only reason I'm still playing Fire Emblem Echoes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

explaining to my parents that gaming isnt just clicking buttons. its also about making small numbers into really big ones

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

im not OP but I'm P sure all you need is Civ 4 Beyond the Sword on Steam. Install it, then go to http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-from-heaven-ii/downloads/fall-from-heaven-ii1 and download that. Run the exe installer and browse to Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods and extract it there.

Then it should just be visible when you run the game in steam under your mods.

I recommend looking at the baller civilization guide and quick start guide that are filled with stolen assets from like magic cards and deviant art and other video games.

PDF of the manual here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-from-heaven-ii/downloads/fall-from-heaven-2-030-pdf-manual-version-010

Quick Guide: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-from-heaven-ii/downloads/fall-from-heaven-ii-civilizations-quick-guide

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

im not OP but I'm P sure all you need is Civ 4 Beyond the Sword on Steam. Install it, then go to http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-from-heaven-ii/downloads/fall-from-heaven-ii1 and download that. Run the exe installer and browse to Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods and extract it there.

Then it should just be visible when you run the game in steam under your mods.

I recommend looking at the baller civilization guide and quick start guide that are filled with stolen assets from like magic cards and deviant art and other video games.

PDF of the manual here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-from-heaven-ii/downloads/fall-from-heaven-2-030-pdf-manual-version-010

Quick Guide: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-from-heaven-ii/downloads/fall-from-heaven-ii-civilizations-quick-guide

Well I mean setting up a multiplayer game

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

Well I mean setting up a multiplayer game

oh ya, well its still good that the instruction links are here on the first page of what will surely be a storied and celebrated thread.

I guess now ppl just need to decide on a time and set of rules. To actually start a multiplayer game you go to "Advanced" then "Load a Mod", load FFH2, then "Multiplayer" and then "Internet Games"

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

id still rather play 7 kingdoms multiplayer than civ any day of the week but theres only like 2 people i know that are insane enough to do that with me

Wow I thought I was the only one to play the molested version if Age of Empires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Sorry bout that dude I couldn't get anyone else besides us to want to play haha

• Locked thread