Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it reminds me of rogue legacy, but with good graphics, combat, and game-play instead of bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the art style is really cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
ive spent 17 hours on this game so far.. hell i even wrote up an OP for a thread about it yesterday but decided to not post it because i figured i would wait until there was more Content in the game before spreading the good word. This game rules folks, the combat is insanely satisfying on like a nuclear throne level and when you get a good flow going and clear a whole group of mobs without getting touched... mama mia

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

how 'complete' is it, i was looking at it but shied away due to early access aids.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania action-platformer. You'll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle... assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat . No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.

Popular user-defined tags for this product:
Early Access Rogue-lite Pixel Graphics Indie +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeGttB7L11Q

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liquid Drink posted:

Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania action-platformer. You'll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle... assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat . No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.

yeah, you have a point. it's a fun game though, despite all the buzzwords.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Liquid Drink posted:

it has meme terms in the description but is really fun to play, anyways.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Plebian Parasite posted:

how 'complete' is it, i was looking at it but shied away due to early access aids.

theres not really any aids on it.. its just there's only so many items to unlock and eventually you run out of new stuff to get so at that point the amount of play time is up to how much you enjoy the core gameplay. i am 17 hours deep and have a few items to unlock still and the combat continues to feel good as hell. certainly far from finished though

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

there was a discount on it so i bought it but haven't played yet, since its still early access.

do most of the items you've unlocked feel useful or is there some binding of isaac bullshit where you wish you never unlocked certain things?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkhJjbimL5E

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

❤️

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One month till Metal Gear July

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
My birthday gaming month :pray:

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Been playing this over the weekend. The combat is very satisfying. The blueprint​ system is a bit weird in that after you unlock the first bit (10 blueprints for misc melee weapon at start) it doesn't have you keep doing that.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I played this a bunch over the weekend and I like it a lot. It has a similar game feel to Nuclear Throne including how mad I get when I die because I did something dumb.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just picked this up and its rad as hell. the art is beautiful, you feel snappy and the combat is really cool. giving this a recommendation

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

extremebuff posted:

i just picked this up and its rad as hell. the art is beautiful, you feel snappy and the combat is really cool. giving this a recommendation

its epic. pro tip: opt into the beta via right clicking it on steam to get access to a whole new content update

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really love the game's look and feel. your character is just snappy and quick and fun to move around and swing with. feels good to get dodge timing down and sleekly cut a wave of dudes in half, hitting stuff with your daggers and lightning bullshit feels loving great. i dont know about some of the incremental upgrade stuff but the base game is a lot of simple pure fun

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i still dont know what this game is other than the vince meme post

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i still dont know what this game is other than the vince meme post

It's a 2D version of nuclear throne

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
i watched some gameplay and it kinda reminded me of risk of rain but cooler

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Please stop trolling me in this fashion

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my computer sucks, and the second world makes my framerate drop to unplayable levels, so i've tabled this until i build my new gaming rig next month

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

my computer sucks, and the second world makes my framerate drop to unplayable levels, so i've tabled this until i build my new gaming rig next month

but its a 2d indie gamm..

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

but its a 2d indie gamm..

my computer really sucks

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
This game is pretty fun. They just released an update with new content yesterday.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna stream a newbie playing this a lil later

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The fire grenade seems completely broken right now. I think they changed it in the update and it stacks burns on enemies really fast.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

okay what the gently caress do you even do to the boss of the old sewers lol it spams fullscreen attacks constantly that was bull

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

the black bridge? You can jump over the flames he throws.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

okay what the gently caress do you even do to the boss of the old sewers lol it spams fullscreen attacks constantly that was bull

Bring good active skills to proc elements on him and roll around the entire time or flashbang/freeze him and try to get crits on him with your weapons. I skip elites if I know I have a poo poo setup at the time.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I sorta don't like the new broadsword or great hammer. You get locked into the attack animations after the 1st swing which has led to my death a few times now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

made it past the first major boss, but the game quickly became unplayable. the next area lags and stutters enough to start dropping inputs, ymmv since many dont have the same issue but it didn't behave for me. hope it gets smoothed out soon cause i wanna stream this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

made it past the first major boss, but the game quickly became unplayable. the next area lags and stutters enough to start dropping inputs, ymmv since many dont have the same issue but it didn't behave for me. hope it gets smoothed out soon cause i wanna stream this

sector_corrector posted:

early access wins again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i don't have that problem at all.. the game has never dropped below 60 in any area. weird

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
assault shield + roll = gotta go fast

it's really fun to speed run this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

:stare: