Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

The Joined posted:

The Joined
Hero Name: Black Beetle
Look
White, Man, Unreadable Face, Casual Clothing.

Abilities
Body Transmutation
Superhuman strength and speed
Memory manipulation

I'm riding on the same abilities that Donny possesses braheem. I have all his strengths, all of his abilities, and also since we are technically part of a hive-mind anyway I can read his thoughts and he can read mine.

Weakness
Antidote Z: And also I have all of his weaknesses too. Unfortunately.

Labels
Danger +2
Freak +2
Savior +1
Superior -1
Mundane -1

Your Other Half

You share a deep bond with your other half. You are stronger together than you are apart, for now. If your other half is a Delinquent Outsider, or Transformed, take two moves from their playbook: one they have and one they don’t. Remember that you share much beyond your moves; i.e., if your other half is an Outsider, you both hail from the same dimension/planet/etc. For all other playbooks, you share in the core extras of your other half.

Green Myrmidon, The Doomed: Take a sanctuary, a doom, and a doom track: You and your other half share the conditions that bring your doom closer and a doom track; when it fills, you both choose a new doomsign. You start with the doomsign your other half chose. Your other half picks the initial features and downsides of your shared sanctuary. You choose one more of each.

Doom
You’re doomed. Your powers may be killing you, or maybe you’re hunted ruthlessly, or maybe you embody an apocalypse. But one way or another, your future is grim. What brings your doom closer? Choose two.

Overexerting yourself: Like I said, all the strengths, all the weaknesses. And that blockhead sometimes forgets that when he goes all out on some monster or crook we both get pulled towards the Overmind. We need to keep each other in check or we will both suffer the consequences.
Facing danger alone: Yes Donny, that includes rushing off ahead without your team and /especially/ without me!

Doomsigns:
Infinite Powers: Mark your doom track to use an ability from any playbook, one time

Santuary:
The Egg supposedly is only meant to let Donny on board since it's bonded to him and his parasite. But, ever since I sort of kind of accidentally co-opted his powers when I was given a transfusion of his blood to save my life, it lets me in as well. So either it knows who Donny's friends are or, I guess maybe it thinks I am also Donny even when Donny is already inside it. Think about that one.

You have a place where you can rest, recover, and reflect upon your powers. Choose and underline three four features of your sanctuary:

A teleportal, Healing equipment, A power enhancement system: Donny already gave you the full tour right? All the nitty gritty about what this weird bio-mechanical alien ship does and all the stuff we use it form so I don't have to repeat to you what you already know. He did mention Jeeves as well right?

An aide or assistant: No? He didn't? Oh well okay then. Jeeves is technically a drone of the Hivemind known formally as 'Caretaker'. He sort of comes with the ship and also a part of the ship itself, like a sort of symbiotic organism that makes sure it's maintained when neither of us are inside it. And also he's probably the only being on this thing that knows how all weird squishy bio-tech works and how to fix it when it throws a screw. Or I guess that would be more like, suffers a sprain?

Choose and underline two three downsides of your sanctuary:

Difficult to access: It doesn't exactly exist in real space does it? Donny has explained it and reexplained it and reexplained it me and I still don't understand how we get inside it.
Tied intricately to your doom: And also the Overmind has no concept of the word privacy and watches all the time, it's really disconcerting, like living in a house made entirely out of glass. With an angry mob standing outside it.
Draws dangerous attention: And there's the err, slight little problem that comes with this too. A lot of people really don't like the Hirrilids and I mean really, a lot of them have lost friends, families, even entire planets to the swarm. So between Hirrilid scout probes, opportunistic villains hoping to cop some Hirrilid bio-tech or extremely unhappy refugees and/or law enforcement agencies from other sectors and civilizations, if people find out about the location of a scout ship they are going to come down hard on us both.

Bonds and Distinctions
At character creation you start with Two of a kind, and choose one other bond. When either you or your other half locks a Label, cross off one of your chosen bonds and choose a distinction.

Bonds

Two of a kind: When time passes, you and your other half gain Influence over each other. When you or your other half pierces the other’s mask, mark a condition to take a 10+.

Fastball Special: When you perform a coordinated fighting maneuver with your other half, say who takes the lead and who assists. The leader rolls the adult move overwhelm a vulnerable foe. The assistant marks a condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

When we first came together...

quote:

The connection between our two halves was threatened by the crisis. How? By what?

It had to happen at some point.

I was stuck in this ever shifting escherian labyrinth, trying my hardest not to throw up, and trying to keep 50 children also not trying to throw up and doing a worse job at it than me safe, and something went wrong. I don't know if it was that incident with the Time Turner or the tampering of the A.E.G.I.S field that did it, but suddenly the labyrinth shifted forcefully and I got cut off from the others and shunted into a different part of the hotel.

By myself.

With no one around, the lack of lots of smaller voices in my head surrounding me suddenly sounded quiet, too quiet. And I turned around, and I wasn't there anymore, I was in space. And I wasn't on my own, I found it.

I found the Overmind, very briefly. I can't recall the conversation, all I can remember is a sense indescribable dread, and fear.

I don't quite remember what happened next. All I remember was I felt someone shaking me and Donny was there, and I was curled up tightly on the floor. Was I whimpering? I hope not, but when he told me if I was alright and I just latched onto him whilst trying not to blubber like a baby, so it was probably for the best no one saw that.

I'm not going through that ever again if I can help it.

Relationships

quote:

When you have problems with your other half, you talk to Stardust .

I don't know man, sometimes Donny is just... Just...

Teddie waves his arms in mock exasperation

There are times when my friend, my very best friend and partner is just, like you know when sometimes you see a friend of yours makes a fool of himself or perhaps he gets a bit rowdy and belligerent and you think 'Oh god man what are you doing I really don't want to be here right now', but you don't say actually say it because you don't want to cause an issue or escalate matters? It's like that, except that errant 'You're making us look bad Donny' thought get's picked up by your friend and so you have to sort of keep it bottled up. Because an argument between two people who can read each others mind is quite possibly the worst social experience you can ever have.

But there's only so much bottling up you can do before it bursts, and Stardust in our little circle of freaks and weirdos is probably the person most suitable to sit down and listen to my bull-crap for a few minutes. I appreciate someone who isn't as afraid to go 'No Teddie that's a load of nonsense and you know it' to me occasionally, it's good for my mental hygiene

quote:

You are jealous suspicious of the relationship between your other half and Witchcraft, and you keep trying to interject yourself.

Do you know how many times Donny has been targeted by Hirrilid Infiltrators?

A lot, far too many times for my own mental well-being, you meet someone and they seem nice and normal right up until they reveal mandibles and talons and try to kill you. And that really puts a crimp in your ability to open up to strangers. See this is why I like hanging around PULSAR and Stardust, because they are really strange and more-then human people that are reassuringly and identify-ably weird, not people that look normal right up until the point where they Cronenberg up and try to eat you.

So please excuse my apparent paranoia about someone who gets all defensive about her actual identity whilst getting friendly with my best friend, I've still got nervous jitters about that bloody Mantid girl that tried biting Donny's head off on their first date.

quote:

You are roommates with Green Myrmidon attached to Cabin Antares.

Of course I'm with Donny in Cabin Antares. Scorpion House Represent!

Antares seems to be the immediate destination for a lot of the more, 'willful' children sent into our care. All the delinquents, the firebrands, the kids with powers from 'dubious' origins, they all eventually end up in Antares. Not to say that Antares is just the dumping ground of children too naughty for anywhere else, it pulls it's heroic weight as much as the other cabins, and The Stray, aging and on his way to the pasture as he is manages to keep that manic bunch in check somehow.

Influence

quote:

Take and give Influence to Green Myrmidon. Are you more or less trusting than your other half? if more trusting, give out Influence to three teammates. If less, give out Influence to one other teammate.

PULSAR - The only other person I've ever worked alongside other then Donny is Chloe, and it sort of works doesn't it? Our powers are nearly identical with some, changes to the origin here and there. And I don't feel comfortable around 'normal' humans anymore.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 30, 2017

• Locked thread