Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Cooperate? Surrender the Forums you call "cooperate?"

It begins.

Music: Opal Ward

Okay what the hell is this?

It's a bad pokemon fangame, similar to Pokemon Uranium as LP'd by Orange Fluffy Sheep yet different. It too is made using RPG Maker XP and the Pokemon Essentials script package.

How long has this game been in development?

For around 5-6 years, according to a quick chat on the website's Discord server.

Apparently this is based on an real-life Pokemon League conceived by a teenage girl around a decade ago. Said Pokemon League involves you battling members of the community in whatever Pokemon battle simulators were available at a time prior to Pokemon Showdown.

Note: None of this is officially covered in the actual website for some reason. There's no History page in http://rebornevo.com that covers the above paragragh in any detail.

Did the great Pokemon Uranium C&D of 2016 affect it in any way?
Apparently not enough (if at all) to prevent development. There's an update back in December, right after the C&D.

They're working on a new major update right now. In fact, they've already implemented the Pokemon and mechanics from Gen VII into the engine and are probably contemplating how the hell they're going to shoehorn it all into the base game right now.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they're using feature creep and never possibly finishing the game in full as an attempt to keep on working on it without ending up like Pokemon Uranium.

After all, Nintendo only goes after games that are finished, right?

So you're saying this game is unfinished, then?
Yes.

However, once we're done with Reborn, we'll cover an even worse unfinished fangame inspired by this one: Pokemon Rejuventation.

It's Pokemon Reborn but worse. It's a game where the Mary Sue that can make shiny Pokemon appear out of thin air is more tolerable than 90% of the cast.

How is this any different from Pokemon Uranium? Seems like yet another bad fangame to me.

Well, it is a bad fangame. In some cases it is better than Uranium, but in most other cases it is worse.

Usually people who would read this thread are also reading the one for OFS's LP of Pokemon Uranium.

Pokemon Uranium is a fangame that tries to be Pokemon but not only lets its grimderp get in the way, but also isn't competent to capture the feeling in the first place.

Pokemon Reborn doesn't even try at all. It derails itself off the tracks from the get-go and does whatever it drat well pleases with only the Pokemon formula of "Solve issues with Pokemon battling" and "Collect badges to progress" tying it to the source material.

How would this LP go?
I do remember some of the more notable poo poo from an offsite LP of this game, but other than that this is mostly blind.

This LP is intended for those familiar enough with Pokemon mechanics, specifically those reading the (as of this post) ongoing Uranium LP thread. Thus, I won't be spending time explaining the basic mechanics.

There will be NO UNMARKED SPOILERS for this game in this thread, and even then keep the marked spoilers in small doses. Otherwise, this thread will be locked for either a day or until the next update depending on how bad the offense is.

Same goes for derailing this thread far from the beaten path.

Table of Contents:

Bydoless fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Right off the bat we start some good news and bad news. Good news is of course that "Fast Forward" feature. Bad news is that if you're not playing this on a computer worthy of the PC Master Race it will not work well, if at all, on large maps. :gbsmith:

My name is Ame. I'm the manager of the Reborn League.

Who the hell names their region Reborn? Just because it's the name of the community doesn't mean you're obligated to use it for your lovely fangame based on said community.

Reborn City is... Well, I'll let you see for yourself, but it's not an ideal place for many Pokemon to live.

I don't know what they're going with this. Reborn City, being huge and spanning multiple 'wards', has a vast ecosystem of Pokemon to catch in a vareity of ways compared to your average city or town in a Pokemon game.

Amethyst gives us a choice of male, female, or neutral genders, and...

I see that grimderp is the fashion of choice in Reborn.

*Screen fades to black*

...Run!

*Pretend you heard a loud (but loud enough) explosion to signify the void train exploding here*

Music: Peridot Ward

Only in Pokemon Reborn can you have a train bombing during the intro sequence while you're talking with someone in the grey void.

???: Hihi!

Julia is Reborn's first gym leader to throw at us and she doesn't leave a good impression of what is to come.

I was at the gym-gym and then suddenly BOOOOM, so I came running! Cuz you know if things are exploding, I gotta be there to see it. It's so cool!!!

So you're DONGS? I'm Julia, captain of cheer and pep, and all things bubbly and bright!

Her idea of 'bubbly and bright' apparently includes overly cute-sounding jargon and a fetish for explosions. Apparently said fetish for explosions so potentially dangerous that she gets accused of committing a terrorist attack.

She has an official job potentially dealing with little kids.

Lovely.

No, I'm not going to participate in something where my first major opponent could potentially blow up the 'gym-gym' over losing.

Whaaaaaaat? That's no fun! You simply must! I'll be looking forward to your challenge, so go on, get down to the Grand hall already!

Now that we have control, let's compare my chosen avatar as shown in the intro with the same avatar as shown in the game.

According to the intro portrait, the overworld sprites, especially the ones looking to the left and right, should look more symmetrical and less messy than what we got here.

So was my fiancee.

We now have at least one confirmed death from that train bombing. The same train bombing that our first gym leader is accused of committing as soon as she came on screen.

Music: Opal Ward

What? I know it doesn't work on humans, but just take it, okay?

Somebody gives us a Potion for no reason because we don't get to access the obligatory potion in the PC before we fight our obligatory rival battles.

Filthy.

Absolutely horrid.

...What are you lookin' at?

If you haven't noticed already, this is supposed to be grimderp dark.

Music: Pokemon Center

Consistent walking speeds are hard here in Pokemon Reborn.

Looks like the terrorist subplot has already been resolved, without our input, in the span of the minute it took to get here.

Here's our starter pool for this game. Every single starter from the official games up to Gen VI is a possible choice here.

It would be a good time to mention that in this game, hidden Abilities are treated as normal Abilities that a Pokemon can have when you get him/her/it through any means, whether you get it from here, from the wild, or whatever.

There no special chance for a 'mon to have a hidden ability here. It's a plain 50/50 or 33/33/33 between each ability.

Shinies are more common in the region of Reborn. Reborn's shinies are also more grimdark.

Usually a shiny Snivy looks like this.

So here's this guy. Regardless of what character you pick he says the same lines here. Make of that what you will.

Music: Rival Battle

loving SPRITES

Seriously, the Gen III art style is not meant for overly detailed sprites like this.

Mr. "Not a phase, MOM!" shafted with a male Nidoran regardless of what we pick. Here's some proof:

With that getup, Cain either splurged all his money on something stupid or he's just a stingy little poo poo.

To clarify a bit a dialogue later, here's some lines for if you lose...

1. That one word shouldn't be alone by itself.
2. The script is missing a button pause. It skips to the third line without letting you see the first line of that dialogue without screenshot abuse or slowing down text. What is this, a bad GBA Fire Emblem rom hack?
3. Just what.

"Had some fun"? I didn't know you were like that, DONGS...

Not exactly sure what you're implying, Victoria. It's a simple Pokemon battle, not a...

Ooh, yes, master~

"Master"?

...Forgive me, Victoria, for insinuating that we're dealing with sane people here in Reborn.

MORE SPRITES HOW DO THEY WORK

Boy my avatar turned out real well huh.

Similar to Cain, she always picks Tepig regardless of whatever you have.

In fact, there's some extra dialogue if you picked a Tepig yourself, stating that the Reborn League managed to have multiples of each possible starter somehow.

Before we continue on, I would like to show you the move list for the 'mons we just fought:

Yes, these two pokemon have duplicates of the same attacking move.
I'm guessing it's to make them use the attacking move more often without having to program more advanced AI, though it doesn't give me high hopes if they couldn't be assed to program AI favoring attacking moves.

I'm not sure what possessed them to give Cain's Nidoran the Hustle ability, which sacrifices accuracy for more power, which leads to a more luck-based matchup for the first two battles of the game.

This will not be the last time a trainer's pokemon has a baffling setup.

After battling these two twerps, we fully register for the league, and we get our Pokedex, some Pokeballs, a pair of toggleable running shoes...

...and a PokeGear. Features include...

...playing any music track in the game...

..Looking at the map if you like to scream at the size of this stupid region...

...and trading and battling in the online servers that are suprisingly fast and popular. I got this Larvesta from a "Gensai/Noob" about as fast as I could confirm my selection for the Wonder Trade.

However, it seems like there's an accidental catch against people trying to trade with themselves. RPG Maker XP's system doesn't allow the game to run while the window is unfocused. You can copy the game folder and change the name in the Game.ini file to have two game windows with different saves, but only one will actually run. The trading system does not like unfocused windows, and will usually break by making one of the cursors not set to a certain pokemon, causing a null error when you try to trade. It can also be more oldschool and cause a duplication/overwrite glitch, where one windows gets the trade process off while the other window freezes until you exit it.

To trade with yourself, you'll basically need two computers that can run this game.

We can butt in and see what the hell passes for cable in Reborn. However, none of the channels have anything relevant right now...

Watching the news gives us a plot dump from the future, but it's noting we couldn't figure out once we reach the location of note. To add to that, earlier Victoria gave a similar backstory dump that won't be relevant for a bit, so I'm leaving it out until we get to when it becomes important.

Let's check the Interview option for shits and giggles.

Hello! Gossip Gardevoir here in Interview Intermission, bringing YOU the inside scoop on Reborn's celebrity figures! Today, we've got a special report with Bennett Voclain, a studious, slightly annoying, especially awkward, up and coming Bug Type Trainer! Hello, Bennett! Tell us, what--

Gardevoir, what are you doing in my room?

It's an interview, just go with it!

That's-- wait, is this live?

Sure is! Bennett, tell us how--

Okay, no, please get out of my room; I am trying to study here!

Oh, studying! And what--

Go, go go go. I'll tell Mom on you, Gardevoir.

Insolent! How dare you threaten me, the great Gossip--

*SLAM*

Did you just slam that in MY face? Bennett?!Bennett!!! Ooooooh... When I get off air, I'm going to-- In fact... That's all on today's Interview Intermission. Until next time!

...Suddenly I don't even feel safe with my Pokemon anymore. Remind me not to get a Ralts or anything that evolves from it anywhere here, especially not one that talks.

In addition to buying beginner-level stuff, we can also buy candy from a stranger. Reducing levels seems counter-intuitive, but keep this in mind later.

dragons for centuries!
For you, I'll make a special discount, bringing the price down to only $500!

...Well, I got my money. That's your problem now!

A defining trait of Reborn is that it really loves to gently caress with the player.

In another episode of Good News/Bad News, the good news is that we'll encounter this thief again. The bad news is that you'll wish this was a one-off trap once you figure out the game's deal with him.

As we leave the Grand Hall, we get a cutscene... I'll just leave the whole dialogue here for everyone:

Music: Atmosphere - Flux (Note, IIRC all the music here were composed by GlitchxCity, and all the remixes here apparently got changed to names like this for some reason.)

So where were we... Ah, right. You were just about to tell me about your little friends?

I'm not gonna talk. I ain't gonna say a word.

Mm... About that. Let me introduce you to my friend, Torkoal.

*Torkoal walks up to and faces the culprit*

Now, my buddy Torkoal here... He isn't the most patient fella. And when people keep him waiting, he tends to blow a bit of hot air, so to speak. Which brings me to my second point. You know what kind of chair you're strapped in, right?
Uh, metal?

You're not completely dumb. Good. So, Torkoal here gets a little fired up, right? When people don't answer. And I think even you can figure out what happens to metal when it gets heated up. So really the choice is yours, friend. Tell us about your teammates, or you'll be in the hot seat, literally. I'll ask again. Who are you working with?

I'm not gonna talk... I swore!

Mm... Torkoal? How do you feel about that, buddy?

*Fades to black*

...Aaaaghh!!

Our allies, everyone!

Torkoal? More like Torturekoal, amirite?

Seriously though, the problem that is explicit to you is that this art style is not only inappropriate for what this game is going for, but it's too limited.

Gen III Pokemon games aren't known for their expressive and/or intensive animation outside battles or special cutscenes. We aren't talking about Metal Slug here.

Unlike those games, this game attempts to do serious cutscenes with action in them with the limited engine we got here. It's a similar case with Pokemon Uranium, sure, but it's more explicit in Pokemon Reborn.

And this discrepancy between the grimderp and the art style is only going to get worse from here on out.

Meanwhile, back with DONGS...

Shnub.

*Snubbull gets the hell out of this crazy thing*

Snubbull! Oh, not again! *Faces us* Oh, excuse me! I didn't mean to get in your way! It's just my Snubbull... It won't listen to me at all! Ever since it became Level 20, it's been totally out of control, even though I raised it from an egg. I guess I shouldn't have underestimated when I heard that Pokemon in Reborn only listen to trainers they really respect. Pokemon will always respect you up to a certain level if you have a gym badge, and you can see that level on your trainer card-- it's the first visible one. But, what if I can't win a gym badge? Is there some other way? Oh! I need to hurry up and find Snubbull! Good bye!

what

:what:

...And so DONGS decided to get the hell out of dodge. Since there's no operating train at the moment, DONGS decided that two human feet were an acceptable alternative.

DONGS was never seen again.

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Unfortunately, we have to continue on without DONGS, so we'll have to conjure up a replacement by voting.

Vote an avatar and a 12-character name for our next victimchallenger.

In a separate vote, pick a starter Pokemon from Gen I-VI as well as his/her 12-character name.

Avatar and name combination with the most votes wins.

Same goes for the combination of our starter Pokemon and its name.

Here are the avatar choices again:

The pair with DONGS's avatar is the Gender Neutral pair. No points for guessing the genders of the other two pairs.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This looks delightfully horrible. I'm not very creative so I'll leave the voting for others, but I'd like to ask - as I'm probably not the only one here who lost contact with Pokemon after Gen3, think you could do a little information writeup for the 'mons you catch/use? Something like "This horrible monstrosity is a weed pokemon that I am never going to use since it never learns any good attacks and its stats are utter poo poo." - just so we know a bit of what's what, because the starters you've showed already seem pretty confusing (isn't Speed Boost horribly broken? what is it doing on a starter?)...

e: Wait, does the other thing mean you always get STAB no matter what? What kind of power creep has been going on in there?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I have no option on the appearance, but you should name the trainer I'm Sorry, so the fan game will apologise as you play it.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

The blonde girl has the least stupid looking sprite, and Protean Froakie, name Lucifinia for the edge

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

The black haired Male Avatar with the name Nicolas Cage, because what better way to fight edge then with crazy?

As for our Starter, go for Treecko named Gex.

I look forward to this train wreck.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Go with the dark hair girl. I suggest Ebony and the most goffic pokemon starter (Snivy?) Name it Dementia

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

I am bad at naming things, but I vote for blonde girl for trainer, and Mudkip for starter.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Tired Moritz posted:

Go with the dark hair girl. I suggest Ebony and the most goffic pokemon starter (Snivy?) Name it Dementia

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bydoless posted:

Unfortunately, we have to continue on

You got yourself into this. There's no turning back.

Tired Moritz posted:

I have no ideas of my own but I don't think anything will be more fitting than this, so I second it.

anilEhilated posted:

This looks delightfully horrible. I'm not very creative so I'll leave the voting for others, but I'd like to ask - as I'm probably not the only one here who lost contact with Pokemon after Gen3, think you could do a little information writeup for the 'mons you catch/use? Something like "This horrible monstrosity is a weed pokemon that I am never going to use since it never learns any good attacks and its stats are utter poo poo." - just so we know a bit of what's what, because the starters you've showed already seem pretty confusing (isn't Speed Boost horribly broken? what is it doing on a starter?)...

e: Wait, does the other thing mean you always get STAB no matter what? What kind of power creep has been going on in there?

Normally, the starters always have the same abilities (Blaze/Overgrow/Torrent depending on type, all of which do the exact same thing of boosting the power of their type while HP is low). There's a mechanic in newer games, "hidden abilities", which can only be obtained in special and stupid ways. As shown here, Torchic's is Speed Boost and Froakie's is Protean, which make them go from okay to insanely good and are absolutely not the thing you should give a player the moment the game begins.

And yes, Protean means that the user will always have STAB, because their type changes before the move triggers.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Tired Moritz posted:

This, but Enoby for accuracy

Also I do not care about the actual starter

Jen X fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 29, 2017

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
1) Those abilities aren't usually available to your starter as you just start out (hidden abilities were first gained from Pokemon gotten from the Pokemon Dream World site in Gen 5 and since then have had various other irritating-to-difficult ways of acquisition, mostly involving fighting the same Pokemon over and over again). By default, all starters have Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow as needed.

This does mean that in Reborn you're probably just grabbing whichever of the starters spawns with its hidden ability or restarting until the one you want has it! This is fun!

2) It does. It also lets you swap into a more defensive typing if you can predict what your opponent is going to use. It being good is still dependent on the pokemon and its movepools, though: Kecleon gets it as a hidden and still isn't great, but Froakie and its evolutions get kind of silly.

Anyway, godspeed you poor Bydoless. I'm so glad we meet two of the more (not most) completely loving awful characters right in the first update so people can get a taste of what's to come.

Vote: Male 2 with a name choice to be added whenever someone else comes up with something clever,Black-haired Girl named either Ebony or Enoby and whichever of the starters has the worst looking shiny named Deviantart Dementia

e: hopping on the bandwagon

Leraika fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 29, 2017

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

That list ends at 95. I'm desperately hoping that clearing some sort of endgame means you go above that, because the alternative sounds horrific.

Also, yes, voting for Enoby.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Tired Moritz posted:

Jumping on the :bandwagon:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Enoby but with a Protean Froakie, because you deserve to not have to work too hard

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Tired Moritz posted:

Going with this for maximum edge.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth
+1 for enoby. I'd die happy if the whole party was enoby's name at some point. "dark'ness dementia raven tara way" is almost enough.

edit: also, protean froakie as the starter is probably a good idea, too

noether fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 29, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Octatonic posted:

Enoby but with a Protean Froakie, because you deserve to not have to work too hard
Same.

I don't know how accurate it is, but right now, all I can think when I see this game is how much it reminds me of Suicide Squad. (I did not like Suicide Squad.)

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Enoby, the one with the poofiest black hair, Torchic

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
Nice, first battle into the game and it's the 'depraved bisexual' trope. Gotta love that. That's an indicator of quality writing.

Anyway enoby.

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

dancingbears posted:

That list ends at 95. I'm desperately hoping that clearing some sort of endgame means you go above that, because the alternative sounds horrific.

Also, yes, voting for Enoby.

Good news there. The current Level cap seems to be the level cap specified in the upcoming badge slot to be filled (The Lv 20 one in this case). Right now my 'mons can be up to Level 20 without loving around in battle. I've proven this by hacking in Lv 19, 20, and 21 'mons to test this theory.

Which probably means that the Level 95 level cap only applies when there's only that one badge left to collect and that the Level Cap would be lifted normally after collecting all the badges like in the normal games.

Of course, this doesn't really matter right now since the game is unfinished and the current state of Reborn would probably end before we reached that point anyways.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Enoby. Assemble the most goth team possible. Make sure that Snivy is a black shiny. Find a Murkrow asap. Name at least one team member after Draco Malfoy. Etc etc.

We cannot take this seriously.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Murkrow has a funny-looking evolution though. Can't have that.
Anyhow, n'thinng Enoby.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
As much as I hate the asymmetry in white-hair's overworld sprite, I'm gonna suggest white-haired nonbinary either of the nonbinary kids, so that we can be an NB named Enoby :v: (Dark-haired girl is also good, though, as she has the Most Anime Hair.) I have no preference for starters, although the new shiny sprite for Samurott is...certainly something. Hopefully we'll get to see more of the "improved" shiny designs throughout the game.

The sad part is, I can appreciate the little things like expanded player designs, and quick introductions to battles, starters, and running. And then it all gets wrapped in a plot about terrorist attacks, followed by our local manager-slash-author-avatar being complicit in torture, all with some awkward flirting wedged in-between. The bits and pieces I've heard of the rest of the game do not improve this image.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 29, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Name: Adam Jensen

Pokémon: gently caress if I know

Pokémon name: Sarif

(End game team must be composed of: I, Didn't, Ask, For, and This)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Blonde Girl, Sarah

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Nonbinary blondie; don't care too much about the name so I'll jump on the Enoby bandwagon.

Totodile is the best starter, fight me.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
The female blonde because it's not terrible and Torchic because I feel this game doesn't really deserve being played fairly if your first rival looks like a Glam Rock band member.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have a bad feeling that this thing's gonna get super horny about the Gossip Gardevoir and I'm dreading it.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Blonde girl named Sunshine with a Chikorita named Blossoms.

We're going to be the happiest trainer in this terrible world.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Go with the dark hair girl. I suggest Enoby and the most goffic pokemon starter (Snivy?) Name it Dementia

Edited the quote to fit into the :bandwagon:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I feel outclassed.

Dark hair girl named Enoby.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Waffleman_ posted:

I have a bad feeling that this thing's gonna get super horny about the Gossip Gardevoir and I'm dreading it.

Given that this was made on the internet, it's kind of an inevitability. Can't say I'm aware of any Pokemon fan work that involves Gardevoir that doesn't get weird about it somehow.

The origin of this particular game reminds me of a time in high school when some people from the City of Heroes boards, including myself, tried to make our own fake Pokemon League to take advantage of Gen IV's online capabilities. We got as far as coming up with teams and (actually quite good) custom sprites for a website before the project ran out of steam. It was dorky as gently caress but at least we knew well enough to stick with the actual tone of Pokemon rather than replacing it with some My Chemical Romance poo poo.

On that note, I'll add another vote for Enoby and Protean Froakie named Dementia.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tired Moritz posted:

Voting this. This looks like one of those communities that decided the original material clearly wasn't "adult" and "edgy" enough.

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

To make deciding easier for those who aren't as familiar with Pokemon, here's a link to all the potential starters here:

Includes both normal and shiny varieties of each pokemon. If the thread agrees on a shiny version over the normal version of the voted Pokemon, I'll see if I can't hack the shiny version in.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147691

Bydoless fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 29, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bydoless posted:

To make deciding easier for those who aren't as familiar with Pokemon, here's a link to all the potential starters here:

Includes both normal and shiny varieties of each pokemon. If the thread agrees on a shiny version over the normal version of the voted Pokemon, I'll see if I can't hack the shiny version in.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147691

It doesn't fit the aesthetic but teenage mutant ninja squirtle owns

E: this isn't a vote

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Put my vote here. Gotta go for the massive mane.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I can't believe Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtle made it into this game as a shiny.

While I'm confused why the shiny palettes were changed at all... A meme is the least worst thing you could do. I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have a feeling that the rainbow on the Oshawott line is because these people still hate Oshawott for some reason and are making a tasteless joke about it being gay.

• Locked thread