Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tired Moritz posted:

Go with the dark hair girl. I suggest Ebony and the most goffic pokemon starter (Snivy?) Name it Dementia

Voting this. This looks like one of those communities that decided the original material clearly wasn't "adult" and "edgy" enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

VolticSurge posted:

Ah yes, not hateful at all.

This is a pokemon fangame that opens with a terrorist attack. I don't know why hating on gay people would surprise anyone. Also expect hating on religion.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PMush Perfect posted:

The real secret to beating Sabrina in G1 is a Slowbro or Snorlax with Amnesia. :ssh:

Or any kind of quick, hard-hitting physical attacker. Most of her critters are very frail, so as long as you avoid psychics and poison she's not hard to simply beat down.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Explosion is a dumb gimmick for a team anyway. It's not bad as an occasional gently caress you, but an entire team built around it without giving you rock/steel/ghost types to let it whiff feels like a bad and unfun plan.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Super Jay Mann posted:

All of the grass starters are bad. Even the good ones.

Bulbasaur was drat good. Trivialized the first two gyms and still pretty handy for the third. One of the best grass types of its generation, barring a TM'd up exeggutor.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Bulbasaur in Gen 1 was 'easy mode'. Real Players took Charmander :colbert:

I had a butterfree on my first elite four team back then. On the other hand I also had a starmie with thunder wave, recover, psychic, and thunderbolt. So... jury's still out on my real player credentials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

get that OUT of my face posted:

I know Pokemon LP threads have been notorious for derails, but I found the FFXII/Wildstar train of conversation fascinating. I didn't know that there were developers that hate players that much.

What's the absolute worst starter final evolution? It's gotta be hard to top Meganium. Tank stats for HP and Spec. Def. and Grass types don't mix.

In its own generation, I'd say Feraligatr. A physical-oriented water type from before the existence of physical water moves with no particularly good physical moves it can learn, relegating it to "Yet another mediocre water type" in the fine company of Seaking, Dewgong, Poliwrath, Mantine, Blastoise, Gyarados (at the time), and more.

• Locked thread