Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

I am bad at naming things, but I vote for blonde girl for trainer, and Mudkip for starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Who's streaming one of my favourite guilty pleasures I must know
At risk of getting :goonsay: about a goddamn Yugioh licensed game, the game gives you several tools to deal with those cards, be it equips, Fusion, or just taking advantage of the strategy elements to avoid them. It also, to keep it vaguely on-topic by making a direct contrast to Reborn, gives you ways to get better cards, rather than going out of its way to deny you anything powerful.

TieTuesday did a blind stream where he played around 4 matches before deciding the game is unfair, incomprehensible garbage. It's a couple hours of quality entertainment, though.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I think I got to one of the last matches before getting stonewalled by a really tough opponent when I was a kid.

There's definitely a system there, somewhere. But its mechanics are arcane and Japanese. So it probably is incomprehensible garbage, but one that's probably really exploitable because its arcane mechanics probably have shortcuts to OP poo poo. I'd have to look at that stream and try and remember what I did to see how he hosed up or how I tripped into victory.

The game does have a system where you can enter codes from real cards to get them in game, that's probably what most kids used.

But to get back to Reborn, I still can't believe someone would actually a game this spiteful. Have the creators ever said anything about this? Ya know, besides "We wanted to make the game hard!" or "If you're having problems, you just suck :smug:" Because there's no way a game could hate its players this much without hating the player being an intentional decision.

• Locked thread