Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This looks delightfully horrible. I'm not very creative so I'll leave the voting for others, but I'd like to ask - as I'm probably not the only one here who lost contact with Pokemon after Gen3, think you could do a little information writeup for the 'mons you catch/use? Something like "This horrible monstrosity is a weed pokemon that I am never going to use since it never learns any good attacks and its stats are utter poo poo." - just so we know a bit of what's what, because the starters you've showed already seem pretty confusing (isn't Speed Boost horribly broken? what is it doing on a starter?)...

e: Wait, does the other thing mean you always get STAB no matter what? What kind of power creep has been going on in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Murkrow has a funny-looking evolution though. Can't have that.
Anyhow, n'thinng Enoby.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

Due to a bug, they were actually immune to Ghost. Bug was their only weakness, but all 3 attacking moves there had like really low base power. Not that it would have mattered since Lick only had 20 BP.
Another problem was that the only three ghosts in Gen 1 also happened to be poison-type... Which is weak to psychic, so they couldn't even play the resistance card.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

azren posted:

:stonk:
Why? I can't... this is just... just why?
I'm going to be saying that a lot, aren't I?
To be fair "Furnazi" is kinda clever as a pun, it's just tasteless as gently caress. Anyone ever LP'd that thing? I can't imagine what the story is about if this is where they went with their fakemons.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
DP managed to pull it off mostly because the bad guy team was really silly and most of the NPC realized that and gave them poo poo for it. It was a world-saving plot but it never felt quite that serious, a good decision IMO.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere on these forums that the guy who did the translation into English was a goon so maybe that was a factor as well; the Galaxy Grunts and Looker managed to lighten the atmosphere pretty consistently.

• Locked thread