Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

Oh, if we're doing that now, dorf me, preferably in some sort of exploratory capacity though, if that's an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Earth

It sounds like Earth is in a bad bad way. Maybe we should launch ourselves a coup once we've brought Space Reddit to heel.

Sign me up for command of a repair yard or ship if we have them, I want to write the next Death Traps.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

The closest thing to a repair ship that will (hopefully, unless it all goes to poo poo really fast) be appearing for some time is the fleet support ships, they carry giant stashes of maintenance supplies which other ships can plunder them to repair themselves. I'll put you first in line for once we get mobile shipyards or tug-pulled repair bays involved.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Just so you know I might defect to the first aliens we meet at the very first opportunity.

Actually forget I said that.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Interstellar Corporates. The Outer System belongs to the Jovians!

Sign me up! I'll captain a main-line or a raider type combat ship.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

So the voting remains close at:

Terra: 2
Mars: 14
IC: 11

Mars takes an early lead but the IC is close behind. Poor boring Terra lags badly in last place.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Earth has a lot of work to do.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Dorf me Captain/captain general/ supreme high patriarch of Mars.

Trogilus
Nov 3, 2012
IC and put me down as a captain of something.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I forgot to mention, please add me as the captain of a small(ish) combat vessel.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Terra, and put me in line for Capital Ship school

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Ooh, this looks fun. My vote's for Mars, and while specifics don't matter I want to be in charge of something with a lot of firepower (or have it named after me, w/e)

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I'd rather be a Civilian Administrator if possible.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Give me a Free Mars in my lifetime!

Also I'll be glad to captain something dangerous that's likely to blow up good

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007
Corporate drones

Space hipsters if you prefer

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Interstellar Corporation.

I'd like a warship. Name should be "Redistributing Entropy, One Megaton At A Time."

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

So Mars remains in the lead but it's getting closer. I'll let the vote run through until tomorrow afternoon then we can see about getting our first look at the chosen faction!

Saros fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 31, 2017

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Changing to Mars.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
C'mon. Make Mars Blue (maybe again)

Look at that Mars! Isn't it beautiful? It needs YOU to help it reach its full, lush potential. Successful ship commanders get beachfront property on the Marineris Sea!

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Remember: a vote for the IC is a vote for letting us use Culture naming schemes for our ships. A vote for Mars is probably a vote for the same boring naming schemes real militaries use.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Mars put me in command of something frigate-like, please.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Who in their right mind would look at this wonderful Expanse fanfic and not choose to play as the OPA? The IC's got aliens, the highest potential for Space Communism, the highest potential for leaving the solar system first, and all the sorium under their thumbs.

I mean, c'mon, between Starship Trooper, Maoist China, and The Culture which would you rather tool around the galaxy with

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 31, 2017

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Mars and put me in for a scientist

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
To all you people voting Mars, just remember. IC has the best tech, the best ships, the best economy. Why settle for second best? A vote for IC is a vote for space warcrimes glorious victory!

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

OPA is my definite second choice after Mars, was pretty close honestly.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Interstellar Corp sounds like the most exotic option although it's probably not going to win.

Dunno what "being an officer" entails in this LP yet but put me in something experimental.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Interstellar corp

And stuff me in the crucial logistics ship that inevitably gets lost to the wails of the entire thread. I want to be mourned.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Sign me up for a Science ship!

And FREE MARS

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I'd like to be a civilian administrator, please.

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

Who in their right mind would look at this wonderful Expanse fanfic and not choose to play as the OPA? The IC's got aliens, the highest potential for Space Communism, the highest potential for leaving the solar system first, and all the sorium under their thumbs.

I mean, c'mon, between Starship Trooper, Maoist China, and The Culture which would you rather tool around the galaxy with

Because it doesn't sound like the Culture it sounds more like a Space Megacorp?

Cimbri fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 31, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Mars

Because Earth is passe and gently caress the corps.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Macross me into an IC Ship Yes this is a vote for playing IC. And for playing "how many missile-missile-missile-missile..." and "counter-counter-counter..." stages we can fit into a ship. Seriously post a reminder of how crazy the missile design sub-menu can get.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

habituallyred posted:

Macross me into an IC Ship Yes this is a vote for playing IC. And for playing "how many missile-missile-missile-missile..." and "counter-counter-counter..." stages we can fit into a ship. Seriously post a reminder of how crazy the missile design sub-menu can get.

Sadly work won't allow me to play aurora so anyone feel free to showcase the missile design screen. For those familiar with the 5.6 version it got worse after 6.0. You now design engines for your missiles with power levels and fuel efficiency similar to how ship engines are made instead of just selecting Missile/Drone/Buoy. :suicide:

Anyway, if you want Maximum Macross then IC is a safe bet.

IC standard battle drill on a Marissa Mayer class hollow box full of missiles guided missile cruiser:

However if you want maximum drivebys with Lasers and Plasma cannons and like a whoooole lot of explosions then Mars is the way to go.

Basically all Mars all the time:

Saros fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 3, 2017

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Vote tally:

The count stands at:

Terra: 3
Mars: 22
IC: 17

Unless there is a last minute surge for IC it looks like we are going to be the stewards of Mars for the time being. Voting closes at around 1pm EST today.

Finally just a note to those requesting civilian administrators and scientists, there will be no civilian roles for Goons in this LP. The focus is on conflict and we wont be getting tied down with Aurora's economic system.

Saros fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 31, 2017

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Saros posted:

Vote tally:

The count stands at:

Terra: 3
Mars: 22
IC: 17

Unless there is a last minute surge for IC it looks like we are going to be the stewards of Mars for the time being. Voting closes at around 1pm EST today.

Finally just a note to those request civilian administrators and scientists, there will be no civilian roles for Goons in this LP. The focus is on conflict and we wont be getting tied down with Aurora's economic system.

Then the science we conduct. WILL BE OF FIRE AND BLOOOOOD

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Ok yes you've convinced me Mars looks like it will satisfy my desire for large ship pew pews.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Come on IC none of this planet bound bullshit. Planets are obsolete. Since everyone else has asked to be captain of big or small things I'd like to sign up for captaincy of a mediumish cruiser.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Technically most of the Corporate population lives on the Moons of Jupiter and Saturn so a nice medium ground between planet-bound and space-bound. :science: United Terra with its dominion over the many colonies in the Asteroid belt and Trojans technically has the largest space-based population.

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

Put me on that Mars hype train. Additionally sign me up to command a heavy cruiser of some description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

The Interstellar Corporation does not accept these claims of Mars being in the lead. They are obviously propaganda by Mars hicks stuck in their dust-junkie ways :colbert:

Is there any place to have a non-military/naval dorfing? Do that for me if so. Otherwise give my name to a science vessel or something.

e: Seen the above in Saros' post now. I'm not sure if "avoiding the economic side" includes survey/science vessels but if so just give my name to a ship of the lightest class of ship we have.

Arianya fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 31, 2017