Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

It's been a while since I've seen one of these kinds of games lp'd, so I thought I'd show off one of my favorites for the summer. The deal here is that you the readers will be voting for every choice our protagonist makes, all the way to the end (and maybe a few more, and I'll show off the best ones too).

First things first though, who are we?

quote:

A wiseguy? A goodfella? A mobster? Sure, you can call me any of those. I've been a member of a major crime family for a long time now. Normally I'd never tell anyone about my life, but I can trust you, right?

Don't ask me about my ancestry. Yakuza, Russian Mob, Sicilian, Mexican Cartel…race doesn't matter as much as it used to. Some traditions still hold. We have a boss whom we call the Don, our captains are called caporegimes and the made men and women are called soldiers. Hell, we even have the Five Families in New Daria, just like New York, right?

No, they aren't THE Five Families. It's just a coincidence that five different organizations run the city like they do in the Big Apple. It was like that before I was born. I came from…

…a wealthy upper-class family.

…a normal middle-class family.

…a poor lower-class family.

quote:

My parents were regular people. They weren't saints, but they certainly didn't have any connections to organized crime or anything like that. They tried to raise me to be a moral and well-adjusted little…

…boy.

…girl.

quote:

My family was well-known in our neighborhood. No, not my criminal family. I'm referring to my parents and myself. They were the ones who named me…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
A poor lower class girl named Ally Capone.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Born in the upper strata of society, the young Tanya Vercic seeks the streets in order to keep living the life her parents enabled for her even without their help.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Let's go with the rich girl named Renata Ravelli

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Well, we're getting this show on the road: we are a rich girl named Renata Vercic-Capone:

quote:

Our house was enormous. It had a large pool, a garage filled with exotic cars, and a large iron gate to keep out undesirables. We had a few maids, gardeners, and even a nanny. It wasn't the childhood you'd expect, considering what I would become. Oh, I know all the cliched reasons why a rich kid might start a life of crime: boredom, rebelling, excitement…take your pick.
(Citizen Reputation +20)

quote:

You find that funny? A female gangster? Times are changing. I wasn't the first woman to be "made", you know. But sure, we aren't that common.

quote:

I remember the first time I was involved in a crime. I was eight years old. A couple of friends and I were at a local convenience store. It was stupid kid stuff. Even my best friend was there…

A boy named Tyler.

A girl named Taylor.

quote:

Tyler/Taylor was a scrawny and excitable little boy/girl with messy black hair.

"Just take it," the leader of our little group said with a sneer, forcing the candy bar into my hands.

He was a boy named Alex.

She was a girl named Alexis.

quote:

She/he was always doing poo poo like that. At that age, Alexis/Alex was bigger, stronger and meaner than Tyler/Taylor or myself. For a bunch of little kids, most of the time that was enough to make us follow her/him. She was tall, slender, and had long blond hair./He was tall, had short blond hair, and was already starting to get broad shoulders. She/he looked like the poster girl/boy for the perfect all-American girl/boy.

Tyler/Taylor had already shoved a bar into his/her own pocket. Although he/she tried to look nonchalant, I could see that he/she was scared and nervous.

I took the bar and put it in my pocket.

I pushed it back at Alexis/Alex and glared menacingly at her/him.

"This is dumb," I said to Tyler/Taylor, dropping the candy on the ground.

quote:

Renata Vercic-Capone, a young girl living with her parents in a large house in New Daria.
Money: $0

SKILLS:
Athletics: 0%
Automobiles: 0%
Fighting: 0%
Finance: 0%
Firearms: 0%
Intimidation: 0%
Legal: 0%
Medical: 0%
Perception: 0%
Persuasion: 0%
Streetwise: 0%
Subterfuge: 0%
Technology: 0%

Citizen: 70%
Criminal: 50%

RELATIONSHIPS

My childhood friend:
Taylor: 50%
A childhood acquaintance:
Alex: 50%

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Go woth an all girl crew so Taylor & Alexis - and shoplifting is dumb when you are rich and can just buy out the whole store - so drop it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Avalerion posted:

Go woth an all girl crew so Taylor & Alexis - and shoplifting is dumb when you are rich and can just buy out the whole store - so drop it.

Same.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I've read enough KiGo fanfiction to know that the best way to get together with someone is to make them your enemy. Thus I obviously will put my vote on pissing off the tall blonde:

Avalerion posted:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Lady mobsters don't lower themselves to petty theft, even at age eight.

Avalerion posted:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Taylor wasn't strong enough to stand up to Alexis on her own, but with my support, Taylor put the candy bar back and we walked toward the exit. The owner, Mr. Dwyer, stepped out from behind a display of chips just as we were about to leave. He immediately began yelling at us and turning an alarming shade of red.
(Persuasion +5, Taylor Relationship +5, and Alexis Relationship -5)

"You think you can steal from me?" he spat. "You stay here, I'm calling the cops!"

I begged and pleaded for him to not call the police.

We waited for the police to arrive.

We pushed our way past Mr. Dwyer and ran off.

:ohdear:

quote:

Renata Vercic-Capone, a young girl living with her parents in a large house in New Daria.

SKILLS:
Persuasion: 5%

RELATIONSHIPS

My childhood friend:
Taylor: 55%
Alexis: 45%

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Run away!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'd say wait for the cops, since we didn't actually take any the owner will just make a fool out of himself, and a rep of being a good kid might come in handy later.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Wait for the cops Imagine our street cred for seeingoff Mean Ole Mister Marsten /and/ nonchalant at theboys in blue.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Well, we are innocent. Why should we do anything but wait?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

We didn't take poo poo, Taylor put hers back, Alexis presumably still has stolen candy on her person.

:byewhore:
Run away

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Oh neat, this is my favorite of this writer's games. I hope you like making lots of notes because the min-maxing required to get a good ending is insane!
Let's run away

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

And we need a tiebreaker, next vote wins.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Wait they ain't got poo poo on us

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

The law was slow to act in New Daria, which was part of the reason that organized crime was flourishing. After so much talk about recession and national debt, the budget cuts had decimated the police force.

I cooperated with the police.

I burst into tears, playing the "I'm just a little kid" act.

I blamed Alexis for the theft.

I stayed quiet.

quote:

SKILLS:

RELATIONSHIPS

My childhood friend:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

we may have nothing to hide, but we ain't no snitch

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

We are still innocent and I'll assume cooperate just means we explain this.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Don't talk to a cop that's not on the take.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Never talk to the police

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Well, we're not wrong when we say - wait, hang on...

<WATERWORKS ACTIVATED. MUCUS OVERFLOW INITIATED.>

...wuh, when we s-stammer th-that we're in-in-inno...didn't do it!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Sob. It's not like they have anything on us, and we're peeps.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Let's Cooperate! As much as I'd like to piss-off Alexis until she Stack-Overflows into our love interest I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Remain silent

where the red fern gropes posted:

we may have nothing to hide, but we ain't no snitch

gently caress the :siren:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Snitches get stitches, & we ain't no snitch

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Renata ain't a squealer. :colbert:

quote:

I didn't know anything about omerta or a "code of silence" back then, but even kids know you don't rat each other out. They searched me and obviously found nothing. My parents weren't even called. I don't know what Alexis did with the candy bars she stole, but the cops never found them. We were let go and Mr. Dwyer grudgingly apologized to us all.
(Police Reputation -5 and Citizen Reputation +5)

The most popular sport in my school was lacrosse. It was a brutal game where the players had to be fast and tough. Although the sticks were supposed to be used to catch the ball, they were more often used to bludgeon your opponents' legs and take them out of the game when the refs weren't looking. The fact that the team was co-ed didn't seem to stop the violence, although some of the guys weren't as rough against the girls.

I was the star player.

I was the team strategist.

I was just another player on the team.

I played, but spent most of my time helping those who got injured.

I never played.

quote:

SKILLS:

Citizen: 75%

RELATIONSHIPS

My childhood friend:

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
We've already said gently caress to both tall-gal and the police, so why not go Full Heal-Bot while we still have the time?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Luhood posted:

We've already said gently caress to both tall-gal and the police, so why not go Full Heal-Bot while we still have the time?

What he said

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Luhood posted:

Beep boop.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Strategist.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Strategists get to stay in the back and count the money while other people cop the beatings.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

when your back's to the wall, strategy won't help you

but if we help people out maybe they help us out later yes

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

I was constantly icing injuries, wrapping ankles, and bandaging cuts. Taylor had changed from a nervous little girl into a vicious and angry 13-year-old. She wasn't good at following the coach's orders and was inevitably cut from the team at the beginning of each season for getting into a fight with a teammate or an opposing player.
(Medical +10 and Athletics +5)

As I got older, I got into more serious types of crime.

I dealt drugs for a local dealer.

I pirated games and movies.

I ran an illegal poker game once a week.

I mugged people in the park.

I ran a few simple cons.

I stole from cars.

quote:

SKILLS
Athletics: 5%
Medical: 10%