Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Danger +1 | Freak +2 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Outside the Horizon³

The Green Myrmidon sits on an outcropping on the outside hull of the Horizon³, apparently glued to it by some sort of sticky substance, the menacing form of the approaching starship glinting off his visor. Not for long though, as he deftly jumps away to dodge an electric blue EMP blast from one the drones that shimmers and sparks against the hull and its shielding. The Green Myrmidon hung in the void, now attached to the hull with long, thin strands of some sort of webbing, backlit by the stars beyond.

"Eyy, Perimeter One to Leader", the comms rang, "A whole bunch of robotic boogies swarming the Horizon. So in case you all need help on the decks, you'll have to wait for a bit as I wrangle these guys out of our hair."

With a deft movement, the Green Myrmidon slingshot himself across the Horizon, on occasion pulling closer to pounce for more speed. Not a difficult feat for him, since he could form an airproof chitin coating, and his hyper-efficient anaerobic metabolism allowed him to act basically as deftly as with access to oxygen.

"Let's see how well you like this", he thought as he gathered more and more velocity, whilst spinning some sort of web that he unfurled behind him, "a web of Hirrilid INDESTRUCTO-SILK!"

The Green Myrmidon jumped, he weaved, entangling the drones in his web as he ran, dragging them behind himself.

"Hah! Just like catching butterflies when I was a kid!"

And when the last one of the invaders was safely packed up, the Green Myrmidon slammed onto the hull at full force, glued his boots into it, slung around the giant net like an oversized sling, and finally flung the entire package deep into the void.

He offered a mock salute before he turned around, smiling under his mask.

"Easy."

quote:

Unleashing mah powerrr to wrangle and throw away the EMP drones:
2d6+2: 12
Get owned, drones

Also, nominating Pointgirl as leader.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Potential 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Outside the Horizon³

"Boogie? Bogie? The military guys are always saying something like that right?"

The Green Myrmidon is shown hard at work, tying up together a second set of drones as he chatters into the radio, "Eh whatever, we can argue the meaning of words after we've beaten up these party crashers and sent them on their merry way", the Green Myrmidon jumps about, webbing together more and more drones as he monologues. Curiously enough, all the drones seem to be shooting their EMP-beam in the same direction on this strange construction of his, "I mean, do they even know words other than SUFFER and PAIN ETERNAL and such? A gift to the world of literature they're not, hah!"

"But anyways, we'll chat later. Got space invaders to punch."

The Green Myrmidon stood, one hand on his chin, the other on his hip, as he gazed upon his creation: another bundle of EMP-drones, but with their beams shooting in the same direction, and the rim coated in some sort of sticky resin. A destructive EMP-limpet, that is to say, that would certainly wreak havoc with the electronic systems of any ship it was attached to.

Such as the obliterator cruiser, that the Green Myrmidon heaved the thing towards in a beautifully colored half-page splash.

"Hey PULSAR, hang in there. Got a gift coming your way!"

quote:

Directly Engaging the spaceship with a drone limpet, thus amazingly taking care of two problems at once because I am a hypergenius
2d6+1: 7
Choosing to give my allies an opportunity! (More specifically, giving PULSAR the time to not get owned/the chance to do something awesome as the Obliterators scramble to get their systems back online)

Theantero fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 2, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Potential 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Outside the Horizon³

The Green Myrmidon grimaced as a point-defense slug popped out of his chest as the armor regenerated. He was not in any real danger here, but those things still stung. And his mood certainly wasn't much improved as the drones started to make their way back. He hung in the void as he watched them go.

"Man, these things are like roaches."

Perhaps not the best comparison now that he thought of it, taken his power set, but still. He couldn't even take care of a bunch of single-minded robots as everyone else was fighting actual soldiers? Ugh. Sure they were tough but still, everyone inside the Horizon³ was now paying the prize for his bumbling.

And what was PULSAR on about? Worrying about obliterators? What?

"Haha, hmm, I'm fine PULSAR, really, but uhh... are you? Sure you didn't hit your head or something?"

"Cuz I'm around 100% certain I just heard you be sorry for Obliterators. Obliterators. These guys are like, pointlessly evil bad guys incarnate. You realize that right? It's not families or picnics they'll be going to after you release them, it's straight back to the war room to plot the destruction of the Universe or whatever it is they do. Like, the moment they get that ship fixed its going to start harassing innocents again. And it's those innocents you'll be hurting if you let them go."

"...Really, you should deal with them while you still can. You do that, and I try to finish the rest of these annoying EMP-bots, since I'm pretty sure they're bad for your health yeah? Sound like a plan?"

Marking Guilty because Horizon³ is in a pickle because I didn't do good enough a job.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"...Like you? Nah, that's not the case like, at all. They aren't like you just because their bodies are also largely mechanical. That's not the trait that defines them in any meaningful way. Or you for that matter."

The Green Myrmidon hangs about in the void, idly scratching the side of his helmet. "But like, yeah I suppose there's some moral debate here that's not quite so simple. And it would be kinda crass for me to force that sort of decision on a friend, huh, even if I personally still think the thing should be trashed. If you don't want it destroyed, we'll leave it be."

The Green Myrmidon smirked beneath his helmet. "Besides, it's not like this is a target poor environment. We aren't running out of things to bash any time soon. Sooo... tag-team on the drones? Or would you rather go after things that don't play quite so poorly with your systems and such?"

Theantero fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 8, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

A heavy silence hung between the Green Myrmidon and PULSAR after they both had spoken their minds, neither one seeming particularly willing to immediately continue. Eventually, however, the Green Myrmidon took the lead.

"Right, anyway. You just follow your conscience, yeh? We can talk about it later, but these insidious drone-roaches won't disentangle themselves from the Horizon you know what I'm saying."

And indeed, almost immediately afterwards, the Green Myrmidon lassoed himself on one of the drones making its way back to the Horizon³, making his best attempt at removing them via whatever means, at one point webbing them together and throwing them away, at another cutting one open with an adamantite crab-claw. There was a certain heaviness to his movements however, his poses less fanciful and his usual yammering non-present.

quote:

Can the Green Myrmidon remove a bunch of drones before they cause even more catastrophic damage? Unleash to find out!
2d6+2: 4
The answer is snake eyes, apparently

• Locked thread