Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Red Bones posted:

Wario is an older Mario that has abandoned his principles in the pursuit of wealth.

WarioWare Infinite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nina posted:

Sonic Adventure games are weird because they're jank as all hell but somehow I don't have a bad time playing them? Like there's method to their madness and some backwards appeal to the layers and layers of cheese

There is no method you're just insane

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm the baby mario wondering why the sign is pointing up Yoshi's rear end.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only method to dealing with the madness in SA2 is to throw the disc out the window. SA Generations is probably the best 3D sonic I can think of.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
How's Wildlands for a "gently caress around with friends" game? $40 is still probably steeper than what I want to pay but decent coop games are few and far between.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

PantsBandit posted:

How's Wildlands for a "gently caress around with friends" game? $40 is still probably steeper than what I want to pay but decent coop games are few and far between.

It's very frustrating and has many instant fail stealth missions and so is not good to gently caress around in at all

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

$40 is still probably steeper than what I want to pay but decent coop games are few and far between.

EDF 4.1 is $30 right now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

I'd pick Helldivers over Wildlands simply because Wildlands is like a stiffer, boring version of MGSV without the good control but adding all the worst aspects of Ubisoft games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know metal gear survive is going to suck rear end but there's still a part of me deep down inside that hopes it's basically another Peace Walker in the MGSV engine

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I know metal gear survive is going to suck rear end but there's still a part of me deep down inside that hopes it's basically another Peace Walker in the MGSV engine

It'll be good

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I don't care if Survive is good or not, I'm not getting cause it I don't want to give Konami any more money

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It may end up being a good game but it'll never be a good use of the Metal Gear IP.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't know why they'd do anything other than Revengeance 2 if they need to make another Metal Gear, you don't need Kojima or your own team for that and people would love that it's happening regardless of their past.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

don't make me cry

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

It may end up being a good game but it'll never be a good use of the Metal Gear IP.

Why not? Like is it any more a poor use of the IP than a game where you play as a cyborg ninja cutting robots in half or a collectable card game?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'll buy the IP and make the MGS where you play as The Boss

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I 100% Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast and PC. Get on my level. Tails and Eggman levels fuckin blow, tho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

Why not? Like is it any more a poor use of the IP than a game where you play as a cyborg ninja cutting robots in half

That sort of thing happened in the earlier games, you just get to control it now.

quote:

or a collectable card game?

True, I've never played the Acid games. But here it's too blatantly obvious that they slapped a valuable name on an otherwise unrelated project.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't care at all abot the Metal Gear IP bc Hideo and most of that team is making games of their own anyway. But the FOX engine is so perfect for action games like that. there are days where I just pop up MGSV and do like 3 or 4 missions just to feel it again

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I would play another Metal Gear Acid game

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

10 year old me really Rogue the Bat's knockers but then my friend showed me how to use google to find nude women and I never played another sonic game

The GameCube corrupted so many developing sexualities with the one-two punch of Rouge the Bat and Krystal.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tap my mountain posted:

I just realized Baby DK and Peach are apparently carrying their Yoshis with their toes
That is clearly a flutter being stabilized by the parasol :colbert:

Baby DK can probably handle it tho

PantsBandit posted:

I dunno what weird one hit stealth game the other guys played but you can totally turn it on low difficulty and go make some havoc with buds no problem. Make sure to get the nade launcher perk for use against choppers and maybe some vehicle damage.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

I 100% Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast and PC. Get on my level. Tails and Eggman levels fuckin blow, tho

I mean the Knuckles/Rouge ones are even worse, and that leaves the Sonic/Shadow ones that take far quicker than the other levels and still suffer from some pretty bad jankiness

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Nah, Knuckles' levels are saved by the music https://youtu.be/tGAvaUZOqXc

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You can listen to the music without playing the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also if you play co-op you miss the best part of Wildlands: the AI dialogue

https://twitter.com/babylonian/status/839001729047773184?lang=en

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the knuckles/rogue levels own because there's only a handful of set locations so it's a speedrun and speedruns own

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I heard Konami secretly poisons the water supplies of their ex-employees. They do it very lightly though so that deaths happen after a few years strategically planned around Metal Gear releases.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm pretty sure this happens regardless? I was playing co-op with a friend during the beta and deffo got a few "and a baby makes three" lines. Do you mean the dumbass war stories the squad shares?

Wildlands is honestly the blandest loving game I've ever played.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oddium posted:

the knuckles/rogue levels own because there's only a handful of set locations so it's a speedrun and speedruns own

it's def a speedrun mainly so you can finish those levels and get them loving over with

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
it's the exuberance with which she says Cockholster! :buddy: that gets me

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I would play another Metal Gear Acid game
Acid 2 in particular was a ton of fun. I liked the story in Acid 1 more though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

did i hear metal gear acid

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I know Phrenology was dismissed as quack science almost a century ago, but this man has the troglodytic brainspan commonly associated with that of a Knuckles' level hater.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

glam rock hamhock posted:

You can listen to the music without playing the game.

I just realized I have been listening to the SA2 soundtrack for more than half my life.

And I probably won't stop anytime soon.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

did i hear metal gear acid

^
"I wanted my head to appear smaller and the best way to do that was make my body bigger"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I don't know why they'd do anything other than Revengeance 2 if they need to make another Metal Gear, you don't need Kojima or your own team for that and people would love that it's happening regardless of their past.

Because they have teams on staff who work on the mgsv engine and have a bunch of mgsv assets.

Revengeance would require contractors and konami lately only makes a game if its cheap and has big roi like their mobile games and their launch window switch game where they were the only 3rd party software at launch on store shelves.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm pretty sure this happens regardless? I was playing co-op with a friend during the beta and deffo got a few "and a baby makes three" lines. Do you mean the dumbass war stories the squad shares?

Wildlands is honestly the blandest loving game I've ever played.
yes, your squad never shuts up even when all four of them have been replaced. maybe they added a toggle but back when i played everyone was wishing they could turn it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wildlands is worse than Future Soldier, and it's so sad

• Locked thread