Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Or I guess this is more about those "Elsa and Spider-Man make a baby while Goofy with a gigantic rear end watches" videos that kids just marathon on YouTube now a days.

it's my job to flag youtubes for "sensitive content" and these are still the weirdest, most offputting things in the world that i still had to say were okay because they didn't technically violate the guidelines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mutata posted:

https://youtu.be/BgBa2UGKG7k

Edit: Yeah, all of these new YouTube vague guidelines that make it super easy for advertisers to dictate content are suuuuper dumb.

the guidelines are not at all vague fwiw

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Why's that? I thought E3 started on the 13th, and if you're working a night shift tomorrow then that'd be the 11th and you'd have the whole of the 12th before E3 starts, yeah?

The first keynote (EA) is today.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

im crawlin steamspy again. here apparently are the 10 most owned metroidvanias on steam (excising ones on the list that aren't)

#1 - arkham asylum (2.8m owners)
#2 - darksiders/warmastered (2.7m owners)
#3 - outland (1.2m owners because it went free for a day)
#4 - dust an elysian tail (1.1m owners)
#5 - ori & the blind forest (939K owners)
#6 - guacamelee (828K owners)
#7 - you have to win the game (641K owners, free game)
#8 - arkham origins blackgate (55K owners)
#9 - unEpic (461K owners)
#10 - Strider 2014 (420K owners)
just missing the cut: Aquaria (355K)

and now the sad part which is, metroidvanias I like and how unpopular they are

Song of the Deep (126K)
Odallus the Dark Call (113K)
Castle in the Darkness (48K)
Environmental Station Alpha (37K)
Super Panda Adventures (36K)
Rex Rocket (24K)
Mini-Ghost (10K)
Magicians & Looters (8K)
Alwa's Awakening (4K) :( :( :(

alwa's awakening is insanely good and the fact that no one has played it is criminal

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Dawn was garbage because of the dumbass touchscreen integration you had to do in order to kill a boss; my hate for it is partly because I only played it emulated and the touchscreen functionality was iffy but I had to refight that stupid clocktower boss like five times because it wouldn't take the inputs

gently caress dawn of sorrow, Order is by far the best castlevania

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i guess it's mostly the emulator at fault but w/e

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

but you have to do touchscreen stuff to kill the bosses in order???

no ...?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i don't remember anything like that in OoE, i'm pretty sure i never used the touchscreen at any point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

basalt posted:

How does everyone go about meeting well-adjusted people to play multi-player games with? Or are you expected to adjust to the constant hostility if you don't have a group of friends available to play with you? I've lost count of the number of times I went to send a friend request to someone after a rousing duel in Dark Souls only to discover something horrifying about them. In games with text-based chat my interactions often begin and end with people using hateful slurs. My personal experiences combined with the gaming community's questionable reputation have made me increasingly anxious to the point where I'm concerned I've become too sensitive, but at the same time, I don't want to spend my spare time with people who get their jollies from disparaging various minority groups. It may just be that video games are something I'll have to enjoy on my own.

I know I probably sound spineless, and a comedy forum largely born from a shared interest in making fun of people may be the worst place to ask something like this, but I really have no idea where else to go. Nobody I know in real life has enough interest in video games to have any sort of opinion about this.

For what it's worth, I have the exact same issue; I love playing games with people but it's frightfully hard to find fun, interesting people who aren't going to keep calling people faggots or whatever.

It's frustrating.

• Locked thread