Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's still

where I am, so I cannot officially post here yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well, I guess I have to post here now even though it is still Mei where I am for nearly an hour.

This is going to be the month of Fighting Games for me, I think I'm going to play more of them this month than I have in the past ten years

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb97Ahy0NNg&t=28s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just assume the Switch is not powerful enough to run a basic conference call app, makes sense to me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It was telling that Nintendo conceived of multiplayer matches at rooftop garden parties, at midnight basketball under overpasses, and in massive eSports arenas... But not at home online

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Thread title is really good.

I'm making another stab at finishing persona 4 but standard def gaming blecch

Good news, you can play the game in HD on a Vita

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was going to buy a PSTV until someone mentioned that the Netflix app, which is available on Vita, couldn't be used on the PSTV

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I bought a Vita because I thought Remote Play would actually be useful.

90% of my time on it has been playing Spelunky

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The real reason for the console name revealed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Vile behavior" is kind of a broad phrase, isn't it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

WELCOME TO THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrsL6YFvY1M

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The worst was during election season where for some reason I kept on getting served YouTube ads from the NRA and "Veterans show you the truth about Benghazi" for some reason

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Do they make Adblock for the YouTube Android app

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Do not play the base minigame in MGSV

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

At least Tekken 7 has a story mode :shobon:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I know that technically all video games are about spending enormous amounts of time on something with little to no result but I think fighting games might be the epitome of that. I lost 120 times to the same boss fight in Injustice 2, and this is after spending at least fifteen hours training with this one specific character. Then I played some Tekken 7 and lost 20 times on the same story fight. I turned on babby story assist mode just to get through it and did even worse and lost another 40 times. I have a terrible headache and my hands feel all gross and sweaty

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also that death is inevitable and success is only a meaningless milestone that will be wiped away in a succession of a thousand other similar events

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

On that fighting game note, I was glad to find the goon fighting game discord and see that a bunch of insiders were circle-jerk heckling posts I had made in both the Injustice and Tekken threads, feels great

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Why did those cats give that wolf that magic hat? :ohdear:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That Scaredy-Cat animation in the first video really gets me. Hubris and hamartia

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seriously why did they give him the hat, he was behind bars

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Super Mario Maker showed just two years ago that the core gameplay of SMB is still really strong and people will still dive into it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Bosses where you fight a boss the same size as you > bosses where you fight a giant thing, but using all of the game's normal combat mechanics > bossfights made up of different game mechanics and QTEs

Yeah I have this rule of thumb that if a game has to show tutorial prompts in the endgame, it has hosed up somewhere

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Europa Universalis IV

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Just got back from seeing Wonder Woman, best super hero movie to date. Now to go play Injustice 2.

Collect her epic gear set!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Epic" in the game at least serves as a useful categorization, it's not like it's "iconic"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Injustice 2 having the frame data in it is great and I wish every game had that. Their character specific tutorials aren't great though, yeah.

In terms of getting a good sense of what all the characters do and the most common moves you're going to run into, at least they give you that so you can go into a fight with at least some kind of gameplan. Like, I have a good sense of what I'm going up against with all 30 characters and that probably took me maybe a couple hours in tutorials. I feel like for Tekken that will at least be 20 hours just to get the character archetypes straight

I am jealous of Guilty Gear's training mode, from what I've seen in videos, though

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 4, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Time moves only when you move, though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtbgg7_C63I

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Stexils posted:

ive been slacking off programming practice and playing video games instead, so i decided to compromise and learn how to use cheat engine. it's kind of cool using knowledge i picked up in my 20s to mess around with games i played when i was 12

I started playing Zachtronics games like TIS-100 and Infinifactory because people said they were good for getting in the programmers' mindset. But they are really difficult :(

Also Human Resource Machine, but I kind of bounced off that too because I didn't understand the answer to this very question

Pollyanna posted:

Anyone here play through Human Resouce Machine? I'm having trouble understanding something with puzzle #16. Specifically, why is this solution:

slower than this solution?:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Voldo in 4K :getin:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The incident probably kept this site afloat for another month or so, at least

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I had poutine when I visited Montreal, it was great

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't think I could watch any E3 presser without commentary, it would be too boring/awkward otherwise

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was surprised to learn that Deadly Premonition was actually less bizarre and more grounded than the series it was drawing inspiration from

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Like a croissant, a well-made buttermilk biscuit is good enough to stand on its own

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

All good cuisine is syncretic, and immigrants to America continually redefining their cooking is part of the American tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Anime food chat?

• Locked thread