Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also if you play the games now you are going to have zero clue what the gently caress he's talking about, because Gex games are specific to the day and date of their release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The avatar god is angry

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

cowcaster melts down about food itt

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't ruin a good biscuit with gravy imo

Saint Freak posted:

Anime food chat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_srPS_HbWg

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

it seems like everyone says to use the Marine in enter the gungeon while you get used to the game but i think the convict is way better, starting with a molotov and shotgun is a lot better than 1 point of armor and better accuracy

the shotgun literally isn't worth the slot in your inventory it takes, it's completely worthless as a weapon other than to feed to a muncher or sell for casings.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

this all seem like well reasoned and interesting points but i'm sticking to my guns of "3 million people bought a copy because of an ad they saw and ditched it in a month"

This is the endgame of games as a service.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

The thing that worries me is that because Horizon was outsold by at least one other game then video game executives will see that as "You see? Non buff-white-dude protagonists just don't sell." I also assume they ignore the things Nintendo does because Nintendo is its own little world.

I mean, we've had plenty of examples of female leads and non white dude leads, it's just that games companies have become so incredibly risk-averse that things that would have flown back in the day suddenly don't anymore.

where is beyond good and evil 2 ubisoft you fucks

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Do you actually want Ubisoft to make that game.

they couldn't gently caress it up that badly, could they?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

my wife just got to Futaba and wants to date her

in the game I mean

I'm a lucky fellow, I dunno what I did to deserve her

Why does no one pick actual best girl Kawakami

This looks loving amazing, i'm super excited to play it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

i also work in a dentist's waiting room

A+

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there even a crueler death than to die 3 hours before E3

Watch Ubisofts conference to find out and see dignity die in a cruel way

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I know it'd never happen but I'd love to see some more well known game podcasts just put out an all-politics episode where they talk about how hosed things are right now. It's very easy to get stuck inside a bubble of distraction and be insulated from the dire state things are in.

Invictus I like you but video game people should under no circumstances be allowed to talk about politics.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

So has anybody told Microsoft they used one of gaming's biggest venues to promote an honest to god redpiller?

They've been quiet. The guy did a standard "what's past is past and I've changed about a lot of things" in what I assume is a cya from Microsoft.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You know far cry is more of a Scientology thing, right? There are black cult members.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm sure this is affecting quite a few games and we won't know the severity until the games near completion

Please be advised that as of 12:01 a.m. PT on Friday, Oct. 21, SAG-AFTRA is on strike against the following video game employers with regard to all games that went into production after Feb. 17, 2015: ​
Activision Publishing, Inc.
Blindlight, LLC
Corps of Discovery Films
Disney Character Voices, Inc.
Electronic Arts Productions, Inc.
Formosa Interactive, LLC
Insomniac Games, Inc.
Interactive Associates, Inc.
Take 2 Interactive Software
VoiceWorks Productions, Inc.
WB Games, Inc.

These companies appear to be having absolutely zero problems finding voice actors, though, so...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

To be fair "the people your working for are secretly evil" is a pretty big part of Alien

well, I wouldn't say they're "secretly" evil, they're pretty loving open about it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bloodychill posted:

https://twitter.com/socksybear/status/874767706716852224

Comments for salt. As a big MH fan who has a 3DS and a PS4, I am totally fine with a next gen Monster Hunter. X was really good but it was time for a shake-up.

Welp, that's it then, Nintendo is literally doomed.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I'm actually shocked Nintendo managed to keep the Metroids under close secrecy.

No one would have believed it, honestly.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Don't worry I'm sure they'll gently caress up the FFVII remake in another absurd way shortly.

Aeris will now properly say "that guy is sick"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I've been in Europe for over ten days and found out on day 1 that the 3DS charger doesn't work with converter plugs because of voltage crap and my life has been a gameless living hell ever since. Tomorrow morning, I return to the land of the free, thankfully

You fool, you didn't pick up a converter at the duty free shop??

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak do you go looking for things to get offended about? I just looked at the thread and you're definitely full of poo poo.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/15/segas-wishlist-for-pc-releases-has-all-the-same-games-as-yours-including-yakuza-and-persona/

quote:

Asked by PC Gamer what it might bring next, and specifically whether Yakuza and Persona are inbound, Sega Europe’s John Clark hinted that the publisher agrees with you on what it should do next.

“If I asked you to write me a list of ten games you want Sega to bring out on PC, it probably isn’t any different from the list [we have],” he said.

“If you send [your] list over I’ll tell you which ones we can tick, which ones are on our list, which ones are possibilities, which ones are not possibilities, which ones we’ve talked about, which ones we’re talking about, which ones we’re working on, you know, they’ll be on that list.”

Clark said specifically that Yakuza is on Sega’s list and that the publisher is talking about bringing it to PC, and “of course” so is Persona.

I'd loving kill to be able to play persona.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 17, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Maybe I just missed it but does the article actually list the games they wrote down that sega could confirm aside from yakuza and persona?

It doesn't, but I'd assume that list includes puyo puyo Tetris and the valkyria games.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

an actual dog posted:

they can't bring ppt to pc, ubi has exclusive licences :(

Those fuckers :argh:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean, it's Yakuza. the hostess clubs are a Japanese thing, and Yakuza as a series is EXTREMELY Japanese. At some point you have to ask whether you have an issue with the game, or with the culture it's showing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50nAoA5KwY

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNsmCpdhhY

man what the gently caress is happening

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Destiny made a lot money welcome to the world of 'games as a service'.

The worst part is probably that sales have been hurt by it. A lot of games have gone from "buy during a sale" to "skip completely" because by the time the price is down the playerbase has abandoned the game for something else and you're left with an empty game filled with loot boxes. I'm expecting pubg to hit that soon.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Palpek posted:

We can only hope.

Monkeys paw curls
Our newest game, where you play a beseiged chief of police with a nasty, over sexualized daughter who is just trying to teach proper moral values and deal with rising anti government protests over issues like clothing and disgusting media...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

Punctuation makes it seem like the sexualized daughter is just trying to teach proper morals, which would be cool.

poo poo :negative:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

:lol:

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEwR34O3M0

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

People in PYF were gushing about The Saboteur and if nothing else I feel like that game's soundtrack was ahead of the curve because I swear I've heard that one Nina Simone remix they use for the credits several times in various media since that game came out.

I watched a buddy play it and the ending's hard swerve from what you expect to happen is really, really good.

also punching cows to blow them up

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

B-But how does he fly

Coach

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lotta fake gamer boys itt...🤔

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Glad to see this game still holds up :)

I'm gonna be so bummed when they take this and the honeybee out of the remake :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Palpek posted:

Don't get me wrong, your idea comes from the right place and your positive attitude and unwithering belief in people is very valuable in this place. While I'm no pesimist myself I sometimes have to call things for what they are and we've both seen too much evidence of how unintrospective and misguided some people can be for that thread to work.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say please Do Not make that thread. Push the thought out of your mind.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

just lol if you don't junction 100 hastes to speed in ff8 and finish battles in single digit seconds

FF8 is the best final fantasy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

It's like FF5 in that the plot is garbage but who cares because the mechanics are original and fun to break

It also has maybe my favorite cutscene in video games where the party in in jail and zell, the unarmed character, laments their weapons being taken away before looking at his hands and going "hey, wait a minute"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why do people pay attention to Notch? He doesn't make anything anymore or work with anyone, he just sits around and tweets all day.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

McSpanky posted:

Oh he's gaming's Mark Zuckerberg, gotcha.

speaking of our next president

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I would buy breath of fire and megaman from capcom so we could get a good bof6 and legends 3.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

with 2D women, man will have the resources to make Faster Than Faster Than Light Travel

the power of the waifu can supercharge your very existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Coco is fun to play as, she's got good animations. They definitely put effort into implementing her.

She also gives a similar look of disdain. Like jesus I'm sorry it's a hard game okay!

git gud :smug:

I regularly play through crash 1, like once a year or so. I loving love that game so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDDaOtZTP7w

You know, this music is weirdly like, not bassy enough.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDMSvS-1y0

Yeah what the gently caress, where's the bass??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzZKaj9IV1M

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 30, 2017

• Locked thread