Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In my video suggestions for that I found this:

And I don't think I have ever wanted to click on a link on the internet less than this link right here. I wish it would be goatse if I clicked this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

an actual dog posted:

Nintendo Switch voice chat is gonna be through a phone app, so in order to have both game and voice chat audio come through your headphones you need cords going to both.

I still lol at this whenever I think about it because of how utterly ridiculous it is

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

an actual dog posted:

They're also already 100% committed to it, neither the joycons or pro controller has headphone jacks so this is it!

What?? This is the feature I value more than almost any other part of my PS4's functionality. How is this not standardized by now?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You still need the phone to actually play with them in the first place though, and that is also too much

an actual dog posted:

The Wii U had this too.

I generally don't support arguments that Nintendo is behind the modern era of technology by a step but come on now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

at midnight basketball under overpasses,

This one is still hilarious. Hey guys let's stop playing actual basketball like we came here to do, joey and mike brought their Nintendo(tm) Switches

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nate RFB posted:

If I'm reading this MGSV message correctly, by not having PS+ I can be invaded but can't in turn invade others or protect my FOBs? Is there basically any point to having the FOB feature (rather, staying online), then? Cause I'm never going to get PS+.

It greatly increases your available storage for materials and development points or whatever they're called, and some extremely late-game equipment costs more than you can actually even store with an offline-only save. Which is ridiculous and stupid but it doesn't matter in the slightest so feel free to ignore it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The gex games are all pretty good and I found them funny back in the day but now I absolutely dread the thought of hearing that drat gecko's voice ever again

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Grapplejack posted:

Also if you play the games now you are going to have zero clue what the gently caress he's talking about, because Gex games are specific to the day and date of their release.

If you were alive when the game came out this is thankfully not true as most people have a longer memory than that of a goldfish.

edit: This of course still does not imply it would be funny

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nate RFB posted:

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't in a situation where I could not actually protect my FOB with security forces because I didn't have PS+.

You actually are in that situation, yes. You can be invaded but you can't take any of the retaliation or defense steps.

edit: It might still let you set up a defense line using your soldiers etc but I'm not sure. That won't stop anyone from jacking your poo poo, though, because guards can be pretty easy to evade on the base (lots of stuff to hide behind etc).

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 2, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nate RFB posted:

So even the crap I can buy like cameras and infrared junk isn't going to get implemented?

Guess I can just hope that most people have stopped playing MGSV at this point.

It does put that stuff up, yeah, but it's all borderline useless unless you have super high grade S-tier soldiers or whathaveyou that can just annihilate people before they can even move. The real way to stop people is to defend the base yourself in person... which you can't do, so all your stuff is gonna get jacked. Have fun! :downs:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do not play the base minigame in MGSV

You have no choice. You used to be able to just back out of the menu and not have to build an FOB via ignoring the tutorial prompt, but they patched it so you can't anymore. Thankfully, most people are never going to have enough resources to actually appear on the majority of players' invasion target lists.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

He came in, looked at the whiteboard, and wrote LIFE IS STRANGE

and then, after a pause, wrote:

LIFE IS STRANGER

and walked out of the room

Life Continues To Be Strange

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Living is Quite Odd

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A friend of mine is trying to get me to watch Parasyte and I don't wanna because it looks interesting but grody

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

The manga is better but the anime is decent outside of some poor soundtrack choices. It's pretty much anime + The Thing.

Update: It is pretty cool. Anime sure does love its incredibly violent gore doesn't it

edit: Anime characters are like plastic bags that are filled with blood and brain meat

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Parasyte anime is really good outside of the somewhat tropey first episode (gotta make sure theres an accidental grope misunderstanding!!! wheee!!!!!)

Why did it even do that. I don't get it

I like it so far but the kid's mom may as well have a giant countdown clock over her head like that one Nickelback song music video because she is absolutely not making it out of this series alive. come on now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Super Hot is the most innovative shooter I’ve played in years!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I really don't mind fanservice as much as some people do, it just struck me as a weird moment is all

Quest For Glory II posted:

there's this cute romance-subversion anime called Love Lab that halfway through for no reason has a blackface scene :gonk:

This is still pretty hilarious when it crops up though *looks at mr. popo*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I do let's plays, so it's impossible to dislike me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a shame you only fight the thing at eye level because it's actually the tallest boss in the game by several stories. That whole area is just the "we ran out of budget and time"-iest area in any video game I've played, which is a real bummer because it could have been amazing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Really Pants posted:

I'm curious but there's no goddamn way I'm googling a name like that

Dark Souls boss

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a cool looking boss too and then it just does that one attack over and over. I'm not even sure it actually tracks you because it seemed to hit the same place every time.

It's got several attacks, but for some reason it's only inclined to do the one. It's potentially a pretty tough fight but the overhead slam is usually the only attack people see.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

i never liked david lynch and i dislike him even more now

I fuckin knew weed did bad things to your mind. Eat it, Aisha Tyler

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cowcaster posted:

make america great again: put cheeze whiz and factory processed meat on everything

This but unironically. :mrgw:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cowcaster posted:

death to america

Allahu Snackbar

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

haveblue posted:

The finest fighting game story ever told is the Mortal Kombat movie

many people regard Annihilation as the bad one but it has this moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmp4R8FuCgc

so it's actually better than 99% of all movies

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dark Souls is my go-to chill out game. Bloodborne is a close second but setting up my PS4 is kind of a pain :effort:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

Are the worst people in the world still planning to boycott the game for not having as much tiddy as skullgirls?

I don't think I've seen a single person say this, but maybe I just haven't looked in the right wrong places.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wow, 48 whole signees. What a movement. And drat, those comments

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

That's 48 too many!

It's better for your blood pressure if you just ignore people like this

edit

And besides, boycotts for video games have always meant nothing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:mediocre:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why would anyone ever spend five hundred dollars or more on a video game console?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

Because its chepaer than a PC and the games actually work out of the box.

Does that really justify spending several hundred dollars more just for the prestigious honor of not waiting a few months for the price to become reasonable? It'd be nice if they could skip that part and just have them be reasonably priced to begin with.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And as we all know, PCs are only used for playing video games and also immediately self destruct when the current console generation ends.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

I was trolling 500 is way too much for a console

I can't believe I've been toyed with like this

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I'm doin a speedrun

Me too but just the die part.

edit: so an any% run it looks like

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gold split on the crushing disappointment segment!! :woop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

I found this suggested on amazon

:rip:

This looks like a puzzle item from a Silent Hill game.

edit: Thank god I found this lighter, now I can light the Candle of "Cat" and burn away the wax in order to get the Metal Skeleton Key and unlock the third floor corridors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PantsBandit posted:

When characters in a tv show are talking about a guy named "Richard" and keep calling him "Dick" but you know they mean "dick" and not "Dick".

It's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBatw0iiHLM

• Locked thread