Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raxivace posted:

Who the hell decided Bubsy needed to come back?

Me, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raxivace posted:

You're a bad person.

Well aware! But my love for Bubsy runs to very deep painful places. I know I posted this earlier in this thread or maybe the last one but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xMnf3PM4mk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQ4ocTSkcg

I'm invested in the Bubs, I can't just give up on him now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I legitimately blame the joke about Bubsy being in Sonic Forces.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yo gently caress Blinx, gimme Scaler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnIPcyK2kLE

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Agents of Mayhem looks pretty cool from what I've seen of it, don't think I'm gonna buy it though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Guy Mann posted:

From the previews I've read it's basically Crackdown only instead of super-powered cops you're a bunch of smirking GI Joes with 'tude who flip off the camera whilst unloading entire clips into unflinching robot enemies a la Borderlands.

This. This is why I think it looks cool. I have wanted another Crackdown for so long. It's just a shame it has to be done with the current-gen Saints Row style of humor.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For 12 years you've been asking: who is John Gat? This is John Gat speaking.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lawrence of Arabia needs to work on his posture. Dude's leaning like Michael Jackson.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lol usually it takes more than one post for the "I actually don't care that an old guy that was once beloved died :c00l:" crew to start mouthbreathing everywhere

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mak0rz posted:

the mushroom kingdom is in socal...

I am glad Yoshi is keeping his Cookie business open even in these tough economic times

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Regardless of your feelings on subtitles, I think we can all agree that games that launch directly into the story right out of the publisher logos without allowing you to access an options menu first are just the worst.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

What a stupid loving name

edit: x Box One x

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
xX Box x Goku 420 Xx

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh my god. It abberviates to XBOX.

X
Box
One
X

gently caress off Microsoft.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

well you see, in japan it's called xbox generations

Actually in the west it's called Xbox Xestalt and in the east it's called Xbox Replixant

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So when do you folks think the forurms are going to implement the word filter that changes BoneX into The Xbox One X

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dayy #51524526 of continuing to play video games without paying attention to a single word said by the creators of video games: I am still fat, dumb, and happy, and gosh darn it I like it that way

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish I also was richer than god, then I could be an rear end in a top hat too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Here thread, have some anime

Curly's head has gotten a lot less rounded-rectangle-y since we last saw her

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thankfully you don't have to be actually fat to be fat, dumb, and happy. I'm pretty sure only cats are required to be fat to be that, according to my grandma.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I dunno, that Notch guy seems pretty fuckin miserable!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
>Go North

edit: >Get ye pipe

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There already is a Minecraft/Mojang documentary, but it was made in 2012 and so it is unfortunately from before it was discovered that Notch is a shithead

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Serf posted:

ubisoft is not gonna have a game where you confront the seething racial animus that boils just underneath the surface of american culture because that would actually be interesting

Deus Ex Mankind Divided tried it and it turns out it's a terrible idea

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Serf posted:

the "mechanical apartheid" is one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. do it right, not dumb and bad

I don't think video games have enough space and time to provide the nuance to say anything other than "maybe both sides are bad..........."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Serf posted:

pretty narrow way of thinking about an art form

It's more about what's feasible than what's possible. Yeah it's probably possible to make a nuanced story so complex that it provides an interesting social commentary and a message that can be easily understood while also saying a lot of poignant stuff. But it's not feasible because the game only has a small amount of time/space to deliver that message to you, not to mention the skill it'd take to implement such a message.

Erata posted:

Gumball Rancher, the mobile ripoff of Slime Rancher.

I would play this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The most annoying thing ironically is not the nazis in this situation, it is the people who jump in with the exact same tired "Why can't you just TALK to the nazis in wolfenstein XD" joke

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raxivace posted:

Are we really at a point now where being able to kill Nazis in a video game is considered a bold creative choice

No, but idiots online are gonna pretend it is for the next couple months

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Uh, no. It's still the Nazis, that are worse.

At least they are fun to laugh at, unlike everyone else who thinks they are the funniest gift to god's green earth

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm genuinely surprised Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf is still going in this day and age. Fond memories of playing it with my non-videogame-playing grandpa back in the PS2 era.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Here's a list of the games affected by the strike, from their website. It's not day-to-day up to date but it does give the general idea.

edit: And here's a list of games from the struck publishers that they are not striking against. Because I dunno why not only go halfsies I guess.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mak0rz posted:

Holy poo poo Mario Odyssey looks loving wild.

I am become bullet bill

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

superstar saga but now every five minutes theres a tutorial

So, nothing is different

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

Konami's authoritarian approach is notorious in the industry. Employees are not allowed to have their own corporate email address. When they have to communicate with outside parties, they are given an address consisting of five random numbers and letters, and the address is terminated within a few months. Lunch breaks have strict time limits, and timecards are used to record how long they take. The names of those who go over the time limit are made public throughout the company.

Employees' social media activities are also monitored. In 2014, Konami workers who liked a Facebook post by an ex-Kon saying he started working for a different company were shuffled to different positions.

:wtc:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In the world of journalism, declining to answer means confirmation, because in a perfectly honest world you'd just say no if it wasn't true. That's why journalists phrase questions so that you can't get out of giving an answer by declining to answer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

Yeah everyone knows what No Comment means; it means "Yes"

In their profession, it does, yes. Or at the very least it means "maybe".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Garfield Stay

edit: Garfield Doesn't Go

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hitman GO, but with Garfield. You have to kill Jon to get the lasagna from the counter top, but Garfield is a sneaky bastard and so Jon must be stabbed in the back as he deserves.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Take-Two* sure was timely about this:

*Assuming this actually was an official letter from Take-Two.

Well that's hosed up. Time to safeguard my copy of OpenIV like it's a precious gemstone so that I can keep making Max Payne 3 mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

GUI posted:

There's mods for Max Payne 3? I assume it's basic model swaps, God mode and the like.

As for actual mods, yes, that's it. For me specifically though, I've been yanking the game apart so that I can poke at it for speedrunning purposes. Mostly so that I can help make a livesplit timer.

• Locked thread