Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Thank you for this thread title

I'm looking forward to playing Breath of the Wild for another month, with a smattering of Story of Seasons and Tactics Ogre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

an actual dog posted:

They're also already 100% committed to it, neither the joycons or pro controller has headphone jacks so this is it!

I'm going to strangle myself in a tangle of wires playing nintendo games online and honestly I'm looking forward to it.

I got some wireless headphones last year and they've very quickly become one of my favorite material possessions. Nintendo's take on voice chat is still insanely dumb though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Nintendo's shops not having virtual shopkeepers like Beedle or Wario is a huge missed opportunity

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mutata posted:

I only played the first original one. How many are there all together? The others were bad, right? (At least worse than the first.)

As they say, first is the worst, second is the best, third is the one with the hairy chest

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The best final boss sequence is from Wonderful 101, but Kid Icarus Uprising and Elite Beat Agents are strong contenders

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

I thought the final battle of Mother 3 was pretty underwhelming, like I beat it and then I was expecting for the actual final dungeon to open up but instead the game just ended.

I think one of my personal favorite JRPG finales was Skies of Arcadia, Ramirez himself was just a lame Sephiroth wanna-be but the lead up to him was cool because the first real dungeon in the game is you fighting through ruins full of corroded, barely-functioning machines and then the final dungeon is you seeing them shiny and new at peak fighting capacity.

ramirez is a better character than sephiroth

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

OH BOY, ANOTHER ANIME ARGUMENT

Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Anyway there's a neo nazi demonstration going on in my small very liberal city and its more like a zoo, with them being cordoned off by the police, bless this country

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Nobody hates me because I might as well not exist to this gosh darned webzone.

People love me just for my avatar.:wink:

I liked the one piece avatar better :shobon:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Ceaseless Discharge is probably the most :effort: boss I've ever seen in a videogame.

That entire area is insanely :effort: but it's probably the worst of the post Anor Londo regions so you got nowhere to go but up!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the appropriation of the taco by the affluent 20something white boy is for real kind of upsetting

don't get tacos in boulder, co, is what i'm trying to say

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

tacos are for all people

Tacos are for people who don't charge $7 for something three inches wide

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Pokemon Snap 2 is going to be announced tomorrow during the Nintendo Direct.

man pokemon snap u would've been grrrrreat

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

suuma posted:

Let's go with "sort of" and "not really but I have a 3 month old at home".

so is it the baby or do you just not wanna play? my gf recently joined her work d&d group and she's a little overwhelmed but likes it a lot

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sunning posted:

Back when it was revealed, Ancel said he wanted to try new things with the sequel rather than iterate on the first game. So we could end up with a Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts type of sequel if the game ever comes to fruition.

It'll be open world

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

my posts have been compared to the works of ts eliot, and Thoreau. humbly, bravely, i agree

i disagree, mostly because thoreau's an idiot

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno why but I'm reminded of how Nintendo kept getting feedback that codename steam being so slow was frustrating, that they should speed up the enemy turns, and despite being told this multiple times they still didn't do anything about it until after release when the main reviews came in saying the same thing that people had been telling them before hand.

Man I wish codename steam was actually a good game instead of just a middling "eh" game. I love the concept and idea behind it but that whole game just seems like a series of missed opportunities.

they should take the opportunity to give advance wars another shot, imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone play any video games recently?

I just got the reward for completing all the shrines in Breath of the Wild and it's rad as heck but good golly is it gonna be a pain to upgrade

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Metal Max owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

It was a really cool cinematic

I wish FF9 let you summon ark's counterpart Alexander tho even though I know that wouldn't make any sense

The cutscene featuring Alexander is amazing though

Practically all of FF9's cutscenes are amazing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the name of the one that uses the gravity black hole one? The one they use against Lindblum?

Atmos? I wanna say Atmos but I don't think that's right.

Atmos/Atomos, yeah!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wizard on a water slide posted:

I'm way into this. My favorite way of handling summons was FF12, where they used the Lucavi from FFT and final bosses from older games to make them seem like some poo poo you'd find listed in a demonological grimoire or something.

Making most of them optional bosses lurking in the depths of various dungeons owned

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The correct choice is winning

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Smash has its own stable of crazy obsessive grognards who I think are widely regarded by other fighting game communities as the absolute worst

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

you can't stable the bears in botw, in this insane post iwata world

for real not being able to stable non-(living) horses is the worst part of the game. like just gimme one weird illegal stable at least

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

I find it weird that they couldn't figure out how to make relationship mechanics work in Advance Wars. There's a game in which you literally pair up the COs and the most compatible pairings get unique power names and dialogue.

i'm not sure they ever tried to make it work? i'm super curious what a post-fire-emblem-awakening advance wars would look like though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Shovel Knight a good game?

what the gently caress

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
shovel knight is as good as your nostalgic memories for all your favorite nes games, except you're playing it as an adult and it really is that good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
nah while it has been a thing since 4 (so as long as the games have been in the states), shipping mechanics have absolutely become much more prominent in the last two games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
man the kingdom hearts art style don't look too good in HD

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

Song of the Deep (126K)
Odallus the Dark Call (113K)
Castle in the Darkness (48K)
Environmental Station Alpha (37K)
Super Panda Adventures (36K)
Rex Rocket (24K)
Mini-Ghost (10K)
Magicians & Looters (8K)
Alwa's Awakening (4K) :( :( :(

I've had my eye on some of these, thanks for the list!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
between far cry and wolfenstein 2 i'm enjoying how on the nose some devs are being about the fact that white nationalists and fascists should be knifed in the balls repeatedly

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

You know far cry is more of a Scientology thing, right? There are black cult members.

gently caress...poo poo...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
oh, drat, you can't get much earlier than that!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Oh my god are they seriously loving releasing a Metroid 2 remake for the 3DS? Jesus Christ.

I feel kinda bad for the team behind that after AM2R

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

*lovingly caresses Super Mario Odyssey footage, then turns to camera* Moai~

new page this owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Samus Returns seems mostly complete by the looks of it. This game was well into development when AM2R dropped last year.

yeah exactly, they're just chugging along doing their thing and then boom :/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
But really why didn't they get the same team that did Zero Mission, who cares that they've *googles ZM's release date* probably moved on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I can't believe it's been thirteen years since the last Metroid game featuring Samus

• Locked thread