Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RickDaedalus posted:

I never played Wonder Girl: The Dragon's Trap when it came out, but I will give the remake a shot because it looks pretty good.

It's a fun enough game but underneath the shiny coat of paint is a straight port of a Master System game with all that entails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

I have been playing Diablo3 and now Marvel Omegas on my PS4. I am really getting into the whole looty action RPG genre.
Does anyone have any more recommendations for PS4 based games of this nature?

Van Helsing isn't bad though the PS4 version isn't particularly well optimised, tiny cluttered UI.
Honestly none hold a candle to D3 really.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Odd girl.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/869957926353604608

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DLC Inc posted:

I feel like every River City Ransom project released in the last 2 years has let me down immensely and I expect these to be no different. Maybe Sega will make a new Streets of Rage instead.

Tokyo Rumble owned

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh hey the new Valkyria game completely evaded me- really liked the first one.

It's nothing like the first one btw, it's an action RPG set in the same universe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bicyclops posted:

Come to think of it, does the PS digital DL version of FF7 have the Wii U Virtual Console save state thing?

I wonder if I can use that to cheese the random seed and finally get that worthless blue materia from the chocobo races that's a random drop.

Nope PS1/2 games are emulated as are, no save states

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought a Vita for anime titty games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't play them on the bus with Steam.

Fortunately now the Switch exists.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Switch store is as barebones as it gets but it's pretty snappy. It basically just recent releases, search or big list of everything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Youtube is going to slowly turn into a platform that only serves ads.

That's capitalism

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno if my phone/tablet can use adblock

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Is RE7 banned footage any good?

Also what happened to the not a hero dlc they advertise after the ending? Doesn't seem to exist.

It's delayed because 'it wasn't up their quality standards' (Capcom so it must have been bad) and there's no word of an actual release date yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They only do that for genuinely unsuccessful stuff like Hitman.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is Fall of Cybertron good, assuming I remember liking War for Cybertron but it's been a while since I played it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have this niggling suspicion that a lot of the things I find annoying in games only exist because I'm really bad at them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Boss is the best boss fight

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

I believe the anime about the fake mmo came first, then they made a bad game about the bad anime. All I really know about it is the main character really wants to gently caress his sister.

That's not even nearly true

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Today's episode of My Hero Academia was amazing so anime is good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

A friend of mine is trying to get me to watch Parasyte and I don't wanna because it looks interesting but grody

The manga is better but the anime is decent outside of some poor soundtrack choices. It's pretty much anime + The Thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

Update: It is pretty cool. Anime sure does love its incredibly violent gore doesn't it

edit: Anime characters are like plastic bags that are filled with blood and brain meat

The golden age of hyperviolent anime ended with the 90's (which is when the Parasyte manga was written), stuff like that is relatively rare nowadays.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope everyone who walks past changes the number

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Figured I should actually beat Dark Souls the first and I really miss bonfires before and after every boss so I don't die and lose my boss souls and also being able to teleport. :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ceaseless Discharge is probably the most :effort: boss I've ever seen in a videogame.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

It's a shame you only fight the thing at eye level because it's actually the tallest boss in the game by several stories. That whole area is just the "we ran out of budget and time"-iest area in any video game I've played, which is a real bummer because it could have been amazing.

It's a cool looking boss too and then it just does that one attack over and over. I'm not even sure it actually tracks you because it seemed to hit the same place every time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

That entire area is insanely :effort: but it's probably the worst of the post Anor Londo regions so you got nowhere to go but up!

It's supposed to be after Anor Londo? I just carried on going down after I beat Queelag

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My commentary is trying to read all the posts in the E3 thread while watching.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't go that far

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man that show started so good and ended so bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KingSlime posted:

Why don't people just sell their games to other people? you can easily net like 50 to 60 percent of what it sells for new, maybe a little more

It's not hard and takes as much as effort as driving to the local Gamestop, I guess finding a buyer can seem annoying but to be fair every single thing I have ever posted for sale online has always gotten bought

And I mean every single thing

Dumping a few things on a Gamestop desk is still easier than eBay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have a ton of duplicates and stuff I want get rid of that I need to sort out one day...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

I only sell games for which I had the utmost contempt

I only sell games that are worth a bunch of money

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

i need some help friends

i just got some really great weed and feel like getting a new game, so far i've got:

y's origins (i've never played y's before except the terrible Sierra port of 3)
injustice 2
little king's story
prey
friday the 13th because it sounds really interesting but i'm afraid that maybe nobody is playing it
????????

Ys Origin is the best game on that list

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I played the Bouncer today. Unfairly maligned game IMO.

It's was Square's first PS2 game so people expected more than a fairly short beat 'em up and reacted like people do

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it the Vita Little King's Story? I think that one is supposed to be bad

I played it on Wii and it was very good

The Vita game isn't bad from a gameplay point of view but from a technical one it's almost literally unplayable after a certain amount of time as the framerate drops to a constant 5 fps

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, since when was Indivisible's soundtrack being done by Hiroki Kikuta???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uErMM_MBm68

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

Since the beginning.

Oh, I didn't really follow anything other than 'is it gonna get funded y/n' lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

48 supporters

Sakurazuka