Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm gettin a hankerin to play through Final Fantasy VII again but I'm too lazy to dig my PS2 out of my closet. And apparently the PC version of the game is historically bad. This is the worst situation to happen in the history of the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

There are literally guides on youtube where they'll get to point A to point B like they're master speedrunners for every game and they're super easy to find, it's not hard to avoid Egoraptor falling off Tick Tock Clock for the 20th time you big babies

Bicyclops posted:

I think it's on the PS4 digital store if that helps.

I don't have a PS4 :qq:

Mak0rz posted:

The Steam version is pretty good. I think the music patch was made official so I don't think you have to put in any effort at all to make it good. It's the original release by Eidos that was really bad.

Oooh I didn't know that! I heard that the Steam version wasn't great a while ago so I just assumed they brought the old PC one to steam. I'll have to check that out

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Do you not have anything past a ps2? It's on ps3 and ps4 and psp and vita.

edit; too late

Naw, I never got a PS3 or PS4. I'm a PC + Nintendo guy, there aren't many exclusives to PS4 I care about. As long as they keep dragging their rear end with Kingdom Hearts 3 I can hold off on a PS4 :v:

Also psp and vita lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

Maybe you should give pcsx2 a shot? It's pretty good now; popular games will have patches and fixes usually so they'll be playable.

Ooooh is it? I'll look into that as well I emulated Crash Bandicoot a while ago and whichever PS1 emulator I used just didn't run very well. So I've been apprehensive about bothering with that. It has been a while though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I thought it was weird enough that they were making a sequel to Knack. This is just :confused: :confused: :confused:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Where's Claymates HD

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:jerkbag:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think this looks pretty neat :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZGSdgJVPM

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/ashly_burch/status/874344938627977216

RIP After Life Is Strange 2 : The Legend of Max's Gold.

This is super disappointing :( Admittedly I couldn't tell a huge difference in the trailer when she spoke but I'm sure the full game it'll be pretty noticeable. She's got a distinct enough voice. If the game is good in general I'll still play it but yeah my interest dropped a lot when I saw this.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://laurakbuzz.com/2017/06/14/pr-are-not-your-friends-they-will-lie-to-your-face/

Curious what you guys think of this? I'm usually on Laura K's side with stuff and I like her, but her examples for this seem kind of unfair. Like it's less a lie and more denying that a leak is true even if it is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

How is denying a leak is true when you know it's true not a lie?

Because I think it's more complicated than that. Like your three options for responding to a leak are, saying yes. Saying no. Or saying "no comment". They most likely will never say yes. Saying "no" or "no comment" doesn't feel all that different to me.

I think her Beyond Good and Evil example proves her point a lot better than her Until Dawn one

edit: She also responded to me with "when you're on the journo end, headlines about how you lied, then they reveal it, feels like a lie." which I totally get that has to suck to be bombarded with that poo poo all day but at the same time it also feels like that's a risk you take when giving out leaks so publicly.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you want to keep a secret it's not as if your only option when presented with the question "hey are we gonna see the secret thing at E3?" is "No."

What alternatives do you suggest then? Besides "no comment"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

suuma posted:

Was there any E3 news from FromSoft? Was that Bloodborne sequel rumor from the Ori developer thing ever confirmed?

Wait what? There was a rumor that the Ori guys were working on a Bloodborne sequel?

In any case, we're getting Ori 2, a much better use of their dev time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

The ori guy is apparently a bit of a blowhard. He swore up and down the new xbox was next gen and not just a pro version and thats wrong as hell too.

Stick to painterly vidyagames, ori guy, lest ye seem dumb again.

The Ori guy can say as much dumb poo poo as he wants as long as I get more Ori

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Microsoft owns them or a big part at least so we'll get one every other year until the end of time

I mean I'd be 100% okay with this. The movement in that game feels so good to me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Griffin McElroy discussion in the Steam thread has gotten me thinking I should look up a bunch of Polygon videos, since I haven't really followed them. From what I've seen, CoolGames Inc, Car Boys, and Monster Factory are worth checking out, anything else?

I posted it before but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKxTP2NcY

Watch the whole series (so far)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Where's Downwell 2

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

how many people beat downwell here other than me

also how many people who beat it like me were surprised that it actually had an end

I beat the standard mode, but I couldn't beat the hard mode. Still felt really satisfying to finally beat that game. Put about 30 hours into it which rules considering the game is like $2

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Happy Father's Day from the Game Grumps

http://store.steampowered.com/app/654880/Dream_Daddy_A_Dad_Dating_Simulator/

quote:

About This Game
Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is a game where you play as a Dad and your goal is to meet and romance other hot Dads. You and your daughter have just moved into the sleepy seaside town of Maple Bay only to discover that everyone in your neighborhood is a single, dateable Dad! Will you go out with Teacher Dad? Goth Dad? Bad Dad? Or any of the other cool Dads in this game? With minigames, sidequests, and a variety of paths and endings, Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is this year's most anticipated Dad-based game.
Features

7 dateable Dads
Dad character creator - Create your Dadsona!
Multiple endings per-Dad
Voiced by the Game Grumps and friends
Written by Vernon Shaw and Leighton Gray
Artwork and pinups by Shanen Pae, J.N. Wiedle, Anna Pan, Tyson Hesse, Ellen Allsop, Evan Palmer, Ego Rodriguez, and many more!
Original score by Jesse Cale
Dad-themed mini and micro games throughout each date path
So many Dad puns. Like, to the point where it made us all uncomfortable
Secretssssssss.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer just made me want a full movie like that trailer instead of an actual game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

In Training posted:

the inferior GBA port

I always see people say this but I really don't see what's so bad about the GBA port. Like the only major thing I notice is that the Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy effect is done differently. It still plays fantastically otherwise. I've seen people say it doesn't look or sound as good but it looks and sounds good to me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

The voices they give Yoshi (and Link in LttP) are intolerable.

I always liked the Yoshi voice instead of the beejshoo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Finally got around to buying FF7 on Steam, since it's on sale for $5 right now. This game still rules :toot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Glad to see this game still holds up :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This motherfucker scam artist charging me 2000 gil for a chocobo lure I hope the Midgar Zolom leaps out of the swamp and destroys your barn

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

I'm gonna be so bummed when they take this and the honeybee out of the remake :(

I honestly don't see them taking it out (assuming the remake even gets that far)

Replaying it, that section is interesting because some of it is obviously treated as a joke. But them some of it isn't treated as a joke at all?? I think probably the worst thing in that whole section isn't any of the cross dressing stuff. It's the weird gay orgy sort of rapey scene if you go into the "group room" in the Honeybee Inn. If they take anything out I bet they'll remove that specifically

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

When I see a fine honey at the club

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

precision posted:

darkest dungeon is so extremely my poo poo it's ridiculous, i couldn't stop thinking about it all day at work

soooooo good!

Darkest Dungeon is a game that I'll probably never beat, can be a bit too hard for me with this type of game even in radiant mode, and I'm too lazy to really put a ton of thought into party comps, trinkets, etc etc.

But even with all that, I put like 35 hours into the game when it first came out and I've put like 15 more since picking it up again recently. The game is just so so fun, the animations and sound effects are so satisfying, and the narration never ever gets old. Like it's weird how so many things about that game would turn me off of the game but the core gameplay and the art direction and everything just make it work so well. I kind of wish it didn't come out in early access first because all the fanfare around it died off a lot once it officially released. Although with the radiant update alongside the Crimson Court stuff I'm seeing a ton of renewed interesting in the game. Which rules cause the game is great

Unrelated: All these years later and that goddamned demon wall in FF7 can still go to hell. Also I don't care about your sacrifice Cait Sith sorry buddy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

precision posted:

Yeah that's an huge part of it, the drat thing is a joy to play and watch. I do sometimes want an option to disable combat animations if I'm trying to twist off a quick Short run but that's such a minor complaint.

And yeah the narrator never gets old.

I also finally went back to Contradiction and while some of the connections you have to make are poorly worded, it's hilarious and just the right kind of cornball. Jenks rulz ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

precision posted:

prequels are no more inherently worthless than sequels imo

i'm gonna give DONTNOD the benefit of the doubt until i actually play it

Life is Strange was good so I have no reason to believe the prequel will be bad. Not having Ashley Burch voice Chloe though, who is the main character in the new game, puts me off a lot :(

• Locked thread