Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

At one point Reporters Without Borders gave Eritrea a worse press freedom score than North Korea. I've never been able to find out how they managed that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think it would be a lot harder to do press suppression in Eritrea than North Korea. North Korea only has two land borders and one of which is heavily fortified. Eritrea has three relatively wide land borders. There's ongoing border disputes with Ethiopia but still I imagine it's a lot easier to cross than the DMZ. Then there's the already mentioned uncensored internet. Yeah they can toss journalists in prison all day long but it doesn't seem like they have anywhere near the capacity to coerce their citizens as the Norks.

• Locked thread