Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

https://twitter.com/JenAshleyWright/status/880429917657341952

I mean I guess you'll get some snazzy uniforms for dragging people to the camps

I just saw Idiocracy for the first time last night.

Also I guess someone made a bomb threat at BWI airport or something? Doesn't seem like anything happened.

These are my current events thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lmao I'd love nothing less than to call fire missions in on rascals

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so you just need to spread bags of gravel or sand around to keep them out, maybe inclines over 15 degrees for ultimate rascal defense

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Saw one keeping up with traffic on a 30mph road this week. :stare:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Reverand maynard posted:

lmao I'd love nothing less than to call fire missions in on rascals

dirty liberal film students and their stupid camera drones spotting artillery support on us, the saviors of real america!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Khmer Ruger

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Fyre Festival creator dude isn't just going to get sued for every last dollar, he might go to the pokey too.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/manhattan-us-attorney-announces-charges-against-individual-defrauding-investors-digital

quote:

Joon H. Kim, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and William F. Sweeney Jr., Assistant Director-in-Charge of the New York Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), announced today the unsealing of a criminal Complaint charging WILLIAM McFARLAND with wire fraud, in connection with a scheme to defraud investors in a company controlled by McFARLAND, Fyre Media LLC (“Fyre Media”), as well as a related entity responsible for organizing a music festival set to take place in the Bahamas (the “Fyre Festival”). McFARLAND was arrested today in New York, New York, and is expected to be presented before U.S. Magistrate Judge Kevin N. Fox tomorrow.

Acting Manhattan U.S. Attorney Joon Kim said: “As alleged, William McFarland promised a 'life changing' music festival but in actuality delivered a disaster. McFarland allegedly presented fake documents to induce investors to put over a million dollars into his company and the fiasco called the Fyre Festival. Thanks to the investigative efforts of the FBI, McFarland will now have to answer for his crimes.”

Maximum sentence of 20 years in jail.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

M_Gargantua posted:

dirty liberal film students and their stupid camera drones spotting artillery support on us, the saviors of real america!

Reminder: Victor Vermis was a film student.

Really makes u think.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Reminder: Victor Vermis was a film student.

Really makes u think.

Biiiig surprise

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Fyre Festival creator dude isn't just going to get sued for every last dollar, he might go to the pokey too.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/manhattan-us-attorney-announces-charges-against-individual-defrauding-investors-digital

Maximum sentence of 20 years in jail.

But will Jeffrey Atkins be ok?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"The Time I Got Recruited to Collude with the Russians"

https://lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians

Worth your time. That weird 81-year old dude named Smith that was the main focus of yesterday's WSJ story (died 10 days before the WSJ story posted, non-suspiciously) was fishing around for people to help find and/or verify HERRRR EMAAAAAAILS that he got from Russians. This Smith dude randomly contacted people he saw online to join his team and found an ex-British Intel guy named Matt Tait who was basically just posting about election poo poo for fun on his own time in a Infosec capacity, being an ex-Intel guy for the Brits. This story is written by Matt Tait and shock of shocks, this Smith guy was suspicious as all hell.

quote:

Then, a few weeks into my interactions with Smith, he sent me a document, ostensibly a cover page for a dossier of opposition research to be compiled by Smith’s group, and which purported to clear up who was involved. The document was entitled “A Demonstrative Pedagogical Summary to be Developed and Released Prior to November 8, 2016,” and dated September 7. It detailed a company Smith and his colleagues had set up as a vehicle to conduct the research: “KLS Research”, set up as a Delaware LLC “to avoid campaign reporting,” and listing four groups who were involved in one way or another.

The first group, entitled “Trump Campaign (in coordination to the extent permitted as an independent expenditure)” listed a number of senior campaign officials: Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Sam Clovis, Lt. Gen. Flynn and Lisa Nelson.

The largest group named a number of “independent groups / organizations / individuals / resources to be deployed.” My name appears on this list. At the time, I didn’t recognize most of the others; however, several made headlines in the weeks immediately prior to the election.

-----

Although it wasn’t initially clear to me how independent Smith’s operation was from Flynn or the Trump campaign, it was immediately apparent that Smith was both well connected within the top echelons of the campaign and he seemed to know both Lt. Gen. Flynn and his son well. Smith routinely talked about the goings on at the top of the Trump team, offering deep insights into the bizarre world at the top of the Trump campaign. Smith told of Flynn’s deep dislike of DNI Clapper, whom Flynn blamed for his dismissal by President Obama. Smith told of Flynn’s moves to position himself to become CIA Director under Trump, but also that Flynn had been persuaded that the Senate confirmation process would be prohibitively difficult. He would instead therefore become National Security Advisor should Trump win the election, Smith said. He also told of a deep sense of angst even among Trump loyalists in the campaign, saying “Trump often just repeats whatever he’s heard from the last person who spoke to him,” and expressing the view that this was especially dangerous when Trump was away.

Smith very well could be bullshitting. He's dead, so it's not like Mueller can talk to him. This all makes the clearest chain though, Guccifer 2.0 (Russians) --> Smith --> Trump Campaign Officials.

Wild poo poo.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
That story reeks of CYA

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

(died 10 days before the WSJ story posted, non-suspiciously)

We'll see what buzzfeed has to say about that

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
how would they detect polonium if they did not look for it?

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

cowboy elvis posted:

I don't understand his hatred for Chicago.

1.Obama
2. Among conservatives, Chicago has become a shorthand dog whistle term for "Black people are violent failures with uncontrollable blood lust". its especially used as a "counter argument" to Black Lives Matter.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
East LA gangs need to step up their game.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Professor Bling posted:

president dumb
Stop.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
woo 97 pages ago

welcome to almost july, gramps

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ded posted:

how would they detect polonium if they did not look for it?

They wouldn't. I went to an amazing talk on litvenyenko and they basically only picked up the alpha radiation because someone at porton down was bored and couldn't think of what else to test for.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

They wouldn't. I went to an amazing talk on litvenyenko and they basically only picked up the alpha radiation because someone at porton down was bored and couldn't think of what else to test for.

what?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/881140479454310401

:lol: :magical:

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

yikes

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The funny thing is that he's on vacation at one of his golf clubs again, but he just can't avoid belling hella mad on the internet.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Hey man, saying they're not bad people is a step up! Maybe the relationship is on the mend.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881131368520056832

Canada is bad now. Also lol thinking that Trudeau is friends with trump. I bet trump doesn't have a single real friend

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

this is some poo poo that my 13 year old nephew would say.

My Nephew 2036

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Cole your nephew won't be old enough to run in 2036. Well that may not matter then. He has my vote

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/meridithmcgraw/status/880910072213368839

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

maffew buildings posted:

Cole your nephew won't be old enough to run in 2036. Well that may not matter then. He has my vote

if you don't need the intellectual capacity of a 1335 year old to run for/be president then i don't think you need the physical age either :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I can totally imagine Aldrin muttering under his breathe as he shakes his head

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 1, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

I can totally imagine Aldrin muttering under his breathe as he snakes his head

https://twitter.com/dannysullivan/status/881027962031624192

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

I uhhh. What

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/881135847944445953

Just another day in russia

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
June Current Events: Good enough for July

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

New thread for July.

• Locked thread