Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeris posted:

Automated driving is 5 to 10 years away. Trucks definitely, cars per city.

Toxx me, doxx me, just don't diss my moxie.

Two things that keep being omitted from the argument over how far off automated driving is..

1 - tech jump. Technology grows exponentially. And inside of that has explosions. Someone is 6 months to a year away from finding something that sets off a grenade of innovation. Add that to the already steady growth, automated driving is not that far off. People used covered wagons to settle Kansas in 1900, we landed a man on the moon in 1969. To think that we can go from lane and parking assist to automated driving in 5-10 years isn't ridiculous. Especially when you consider....

2 - The loving poo poo tons of money companies will spend to put people out of work. Walmart, major shipping companies, any group that spends a significant amount of money on long haul trucking will fire up one of their $100 bill printing presses and start filling dump trucks with cash to whoever shows a viable proof of concept. That influx of cash will feed point one because development companies now have a bunch of capitol to feed into R&D, and you wind up with an Ouroboros of screwing truckers.

Nothing will stop or hinder the development of automated driving. The only thing that will slow the transition is lawyers and lawsuits challenging the lines of fault in the event of incidents and regulations.

The only possible monkey wrench is a handful of companies figuring out they can bypass it by dumping a bunch of money into lobbying for massive railway improvements and expansion. Essentially making the tax payers foot the bill for a massive high speed rail system. Which if you are really good at forward thinking, you do that, push the government to make it a federal entity instead of private, and then lobby again for some stupidly low freight rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Sure would be nice if all of these productivity gains went towards fewer working hours.

Good news!

Staff hours are being cut. You are now part time. The rest of your department is being shifted to per diem.

Since you are being moved to part time you don't qualify for benefits. Also, to adhere to our just implemented new pay structure for part time staff, you are making $1.25 am hour less.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

More competition for opioids and everclear.

Thats more TCC.

D&D is competition for our antidepressants.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Did we cover Putin's speech where he's claiming that the CIA is trying to frame him for hacking the election and he questioned (lol) the need for NATO?

https://news.slashdot.org/story/17/06/04/2154247/putin-now-argues-russia-couldve-been-framed-for-election-meddling-by-the-cia

The better part was where he turned into a petulant manbaby because a woman dared to be a reasonable journalist and put the screws to him.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Uh... Trump's $110 billion arms deal may not have actually happened...

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

I had a very uncomfortable dream last night about being at literal war with Russia. It was not fun.

Well then don't vote for me when I run in 2020. Because the USSR and Turkey are going to be contracted when I win.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This was me until Trump basically announced he'll be live-tweeting the whole shindig. Now I'm expecting a proper clusterfuck.

Its going to be a clusterfuck anyway. Reds will be trying to accuse Comey of undermining Trump and lying about everything in the memos. The blues will be hammering Russia Russia Russia, with a sprinkling of collusion and obstruction of justice. Comey will just repeat over and over that he was uncomfortable but didn't consider it big enough to run to congress until he was fired. Its going to be irritating as gently caress and a complete waist of time.

Muller is the only one that matters right now, and he doesn't matter unless the reds lose the house in 2018.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Came here to post the Coats story.

That may be a bigger pants making GBS threads and :newlol: open session than Comey.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Comey thread up and running so we can get in on any possible hilarity from the Wednesday Coats testimony.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

You guys know there is a thread for Testimony poo poo right?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Best recap of the election I've seen so far, at least at this time.

https://twitter.com/janinegibson/status/873005411837849600

I knew the Brits were in trouble when Brexit leader was the front runner over:

A Hamas supporter
Samwell Tarly
The Black Knight
A quest giver from an RPG

Edit:

Here is the picture:

tekz posted:

tag yourselves

Edit 2:

Also. Some bigwig in ISIS's news operation Amaq was arrested by the Krauts.

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/873008193420525568

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 9, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Looking at the state of British politics, where hubris caused their version of the Reds to resort to joining with a terrorist organization to keep clinging to power, and comparing it to the US... I can say comfortably they they are still in better shape.

And that's accounting for part of the competition being a Sesame Street character, a Nazi, the Monster Raving Loony Party and Lord Buckethead.

Pretty sure, though it may have taken 240+ years, they can truly see that they got the better end of the Revolutionary War.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

MAGA rallies are a good way to see the worst possible tactical gear and clothing decisions.

I mean I knew they were already the dregs of society but they aren't even worth trying to educate and rehabilitate. Just pack them onto a train bound for a 3 building "work camp".

"Why does that building have 15 chimneys?"
"Its the mess hall. Sign in here and then hit the showers."

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Its not a fair point because the answer is outlined in the charter.

It takes over the FBI's Russia investigations and allows them to pursue any and every issue that may arise in the course of investigating the original complaint.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/874710696742748161

So lets play the what happened game.

A - Backlash forced them to undo the video ban.
B - Whatever they were trying to cover up was handled and they don't need cover of darkness anymore.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

KildarX posted:

He has 13% approval by Democrats. I want these people interviewed.

They are the same people who look at things with eternal optimism.

Also known as loving idiots.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Rick Wilson had a moment. And posted it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/therickwilson/status/874435986306027520

You should read all 21 tweets.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Best Friends posted:

Some libertarian on the internet had a hot take last year

https://twitter.com/randpaul/status/746022114042478592

This makes me happy.

This is a start.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The Hill has audio of the VA shootout:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875045200791523333

Says something that you have to identify which shootout its from.. Probably not a good something either.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hey. Remember when Edrogan had his security detail beat up a group of protesters?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875052772537901057

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Oh since we were talking about jokes in bad taste earlier I came up with one

What do Richard Hammond and Michael Schumacher have in common?

Normally I can get these but I'm drawing a blank.

Which is something Scalise wishes he could say.

Also:

https://twitter.com/kthomasdc/status/875063654709964800

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

puts my father's 13 hours valve and hextuple bypass into perspective

The one thing that will always stick with me from Surgical Tech Clinicals was when we shut down a patient's heart for surgery and then restarted it after we were done. I have seen traumatic amputations, brains, the insides of every part of the body (sometimes my own). But that was the thing that caused me to :stare:

Surgery is like 90% boring formalities and 10% :stare: :psyduck: :cry: :barf:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I thought everyone had already figured out we are at another housing market crash for the exact same reasons we had the first.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Ever notice how Trump is obsessed with "losing" and "winning?" Trump and his trumpeters have the mindset that if someone is winning, it must be at the expense of others. So any time they see a black person, a gay person, a woman, an immigrant doing better than they did in 1980 (i.e. "winning") they necessarily believe that they, the white man, must be "losing."
If another nation has a growing economy ("winning") it has to be because they are doing it at our expense ("losing").
Trump and the deplorables cannot conceive of anything but zero sum games.
America was great when white Americans were winning and everyone else was losing.

There are two reasons for the obsession with winning and losing by Trump supporters.

1 - They are loving stupid. Literally. They are unable to understand anything beyond a binary choice. Either you are getting everything or you are getting nothing. Its why they call anyone who disagrees with any singular idea a "liberal" or some other version of the imagined pejorative that they have created for someone who doesn't think exactly like they do. Regardless of actual fact. Remember back to when Tomi Lahren got fired from the Blaze and devoured by Trump supporters for saying that the government shouldn't be allowed to regulate women's bodies and her being pro-choice? Thats the mentality of these fucks. It also creates....

Dead Reckoning posted:

I mean, in a certain sense, it's true. Previously, if you were a white man, you could more or less expect to have access to a job market wherein minorities and women were shut out of many positions, improving access for you. If you demanded that women, children, and minorities show you deference, society agreed with that expectation. Given that wages have been stagnant and job numbers have not kept up with population in some regions, access to limited employment resources may actually be zero sum. You can quite reasonably say that allowing minorities and women access to the full job market and all of society's other benefits is a good thing, but it's disingenuous to pretend that there isn't a loss for those who used to enjoy privileged access.

A situation where this may be true to a degree but a much more ugly situation has developed.

2 - They don't want a bigger pie. They want everyone who is not them to suffer. They will sacrifice success to a degree just so others don't get anything. Its not even gently caress You Got Mine. Its literally "I will give up X,Y and Z just to make sure that those people don't get anything".

Trump supporters are a cancer on society and the human race as a collective.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Coffeehitler posted:

Isn't that what Huckabee's daughter is, Spicer's deputy, so if Spicer takes a new position she becomes Press Secretary? Or did she realize she was really bad at it and left for greener pastures?

She doesn't want it either.

Politico has a good write up. Spicer and Priebus are looking, Bannon is running his own search. Sanders said gently caress NO.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Again it's not just straight up winning and losing. It's the breakdown that matters.

It's been red for 40 years. Price won the last election by 20+ points.

First, he nearly won this in the primary. And now head to head he is sitting at +200 lead with 44% in. So at some point there has been a major shift in thought. And that's with out any actual policy changes. The reds haven't even started screwing people on a measurable scale. Dems shouldn't be worried about wins and losses as much as learning what's moving voters so when they have to run for all of these actual movable seats in 2018 they don't do dumb gently caress things.

It should be looked at as an experiment in messaging rather than trying to outright wins.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

KildarX posted:

As someone whose living here the messaging from the Dem's have been

"Karen handle spent a lot of money on chairs!"

while the repubs have been

"Ossof doesn't live here, also he'll be NANCY WHIPPING BOY and did we mention he's a LIEBERAL!!!!!!!"

I'm actually surprised neither Ossof nor Handel don't have something scandalous or super dumb about them that the respective parties couldn't beat each other with.

Why the gently caress did they not just poo poo all over health care and civil/equal rights roll backs along with job,job,jobs going overseas? Dems need to fire everyone regardless of how it ends.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeris posted:

EBB can you deliver some truly disgusting Fast and Furious avs so we can finish the simile circlejerk in style?

I'm pretty sure I have a few pictures of burnt out Porsches on a flash drive somewhere. Will that work?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I'm sure some kind of panel could be convened.

I would be glad to convene one. But it won't be government backed and it won't be protesters we drag out.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Trump's get tough immigration policy has turned its eyes to the Ruskies:

https://twitter.com/SPMIndyCar/status/878002059412250625

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

If he were such a genius at the Art of the Deal, his first thought would be to hold the healthcare bill hostage to get that law preventing him from dealing with russian sanctions watered down/blocked.

He doesn't have to because he just told the House to do it and they are already in the process of doing so.

Notice how its been delayed? They are trying to rewrite it or at least remove the language that prevents Trump from being able to repeal them with out congressional approval.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

oh great, you just identified another all black population for republicans to murder

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

This is completely legitimate and should be practiced by every country involved in the ISIS fight.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Imma call this a current event because it just popped up on my twitter feed and we need it as the background for GIP:

https://twitter.com/priya_ebooks/status/879632008862810113

Also, some reporter finally had enough of Sarah:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/879781462093869056

Skip to 3:23 for the real fun.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeris posted:

When can we start chucking lettuce heads at him

Depends on if you want to spend a night in the pokey and pay a $1000 fine or not.

Because if you are willing to, you can do it now.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

The Fahrenthold story and another WaPo story calling Donnie toothless made Donnie mad, so now he randomly decided to threaten an Internet sales tax.

https://twitter.com/DanEggenWPost/status/880055320424452101

:psyduck:

facialimpediment posted:

I want a :psyduck: with a convincing Trump wig and I am fully willing to buy it.

https://twitter.com/TimJHanrahan/status/880061686656503808

Donald Trump is threatening Amazon with a policy that Amazon supports.

A simple :psyduck: is not enough.

Lot of people making this mistake.

Take a look back at the tweet. He isn't threatening Amazon with a tax. He is saying they aren't paying their internet tax.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880049704620494848

There isn't an internet tax.

He literally is bitching about them not paying a tax that doesn't exist. He is that loving stupid.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Is he that stupid, or is he smart enough to know that if he says something a certain section of the populace will take it as gospel?

This is actually something that gets talked about a lot.

Some of the autistic screeching from the White House press team is actually because they know their base is loving stupid. And regardless of fact, they will accept it as true.

The White House could literally issue a press release saying the sun rises in the west and it would hold 10% approval, with another 15% saying that there is nothing wrong and fact checking is just liberal whining.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

ummmm actually there is an internet tax

obama gave away our internet remember

This is great. On a lot of levels.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

This is missing at least 2 targets.

One I won't mention because of possible Opsec, and Kennedy Space Center.

Houston Tx and Huntsville AL should probably be targets too.

orange juche posted:

You also have the CDC and Atlanta is a major federal interstate highway hub.

Sherman's ghost also drew up that nuke plan wrt Atlanta.

And Atlanta Airport which a retarded amount of flights run through. Its arguably the busiest air port in the world.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

windshipper posted:

I mean poo poo, they're also missing almost all of the major military bases as well.

There's no way places like Benning, Everett, San Diego, etc. get missed.

A 51 would be hit before them. Or should, since its our experimental aircraft playground. Who knows what the gently caress we have laying around there that could make poo poo difficult for the Ruskies. Chances are that map was a decapitation plan. Most damage for the least weaponry. You aren't going for a body count, you want to ruin the command structure and rapid missile strike capability.

Of course all thats moot since we have nukes on planes and in subs so striking the homeland is pointless and will likely get team Vlad vaporized before they get to see the first bomb detonate.

NSA WIZARD posted:

I TOO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION

You are still my favorite gimmick account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Anyone post about this cute little deal?

https://twitter.com/AP/status/880513588384997379

Because thats going to go over well with China.

• Locked thread