Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Missionary Positron posted:

What the gently caress is up with the almost fetishistic thing the GOP has with coal?

tastefully arranged labia posted:

It's representative of the salt of the earth working class in an industry that will eventually lose jobs to automation and alternative forms of energy.

This but also renewable energy is simply a leftist/liberal goal and must be opposed regardless of merit (see also: Obamacare, Net Neutrality, Gay Marriage, Keynesian economics, NATO, the sun rising in the east, and true love).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It was a nothingburger in terms of nothing new or revelatory was discussed.

But it did confirm, under oath, that Comey felt Trump made an ask of him to lift the Russia/Flynn investigation and that Comey was fired over Comey's handling of said Russia/Flynn investigation.

That's essentially what brought down Nixon (asking for the independent prosecutor to be fired, abuse of power).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

BigDave posted:

What's the big deal about the Keebler Klansman testifying? What's he gonna say, 'Yup, Donnie J is in Putin's pocket and takes direct orders from Moscow, Heil Hydra'?

He first lied to the Senate during his confirmation.

It later came out that he lied so he recused himself from the Russia investigation and amended his statement to the Senate.

In his testimony last week, Comey strongly implied the FBI was aware Sessions was going to recuse himself weeks before he actually did it AND strongly implied there was more going on with Sessions than could be discussed in an unclassified setting.

It then immediately leaked from the classified session that there was another meeting with the Russian ambassador that Sessions didn't disclosed.

So the FBI is aware of poo poo Sessions did, Sessions has now lied twice to the Senate (including after having had a perfect opportunity to fully correct the record and didn't), it's leaked to the press, and now he's going to testify to the Senate again.

He's unlikely to finger Trump over anything but he's in the poo poo up to his eyeballs.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

You. Are. The. President.

If she did something illegal, ask your Attorney General to bring her up on charges. Like, WTF?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Likely because McConnell realizes the only way to pass the health care repeal is to do it with as little public attention as possible. Setting the stage for the vote later this month.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Lindsey loving Graham. Limp-dicked fuckstick press whore who is all about getting on the Sunday shows to promote his profile and his "independence". But shows none of the independence or press availability when poo poo turns against his gleaming Southern smile. gently caress him right up his cottonhole.

Edit: I hope he cries every night that he never even got close to the presidential nomination. I hope he calls up McCain to vent about how unfair everyone treats him. Then McCain hangs up because he forgot he answered the phone.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 13, 2017

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

TBeats posted:

If Trump fired Meuller it would look real bad but I doubt anything would come of it.

So honestly I hope he doesn't.

It all depends on the heat Congressional Republicans would feel.

If it becomes untenable to support Trump, they'll drop him in an instant.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

Department has basically already admitted fault by firing him and releasing the videos which are damning. Either way, they have a very strong case.

No, frankly, we need to start holding officers personally liable. The whole focus on 'Support our Cops' crap has gone too far, where you can be a trained and disciplined officer and expected to be allowed to have less self-control than the citizens you are supposed to protect.

I remember hearing somewhere some think tank floated the idea of personal liability insurance for police officers. The bad apples (since they'll be protected by their union and not get fired) will get up-charged for being dicks while leaving the rest of the force paying standard rates.

But fat chance of that happening.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Hope y'all like your VA health care as nothing will be left after......oh.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

KildarX posted:

Is this because they chickened out because they'd after to deal with angry constituents for another week or are they trying to score points with voters with "I WAS NEVER FOR THIS DUMB DUMB BILL ANYWAY!!!!!" *votes for what ever the next round of dumb healthcare legislation the republicans come up with*

They got the cover they felt they needed to come out and say "No".

"See, McConnell pushed the vote on the bill off. If he doesn't feel like voting on this bill right now, what kind of confidence does he have in the text of the bill?"

*Proceeds to vote Yes when given 10% of the money requested to fight the opioid crisis*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Just saw this recent BBC News/Home Office simulated nuclear war broadcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZ3LGfSMhA

The whole thing is unnerving but the last ten minutes are sleepless nights material.

I need others who can't sleep tonight. I'm gonna have the worst night of sleep since I saw Threads.

• Locked thread