Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I really like you showing off these old & obscure horror games, especially the one that are either dead ends design wise or where whatever it inspired is just as obscure or was never available in English.
While I love lot's of verbs in adventure games The Note really shows off why most of them have consolidated into Look & Use(Or even just a single interact button), by the second room You've already run out of buttons for even to most common commands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

discworld is all I read posted:

The challenge increases as well as the bullshit (status ailments, nasty enemies, and a new timed annoyance), but one thing still remains very true....there's still no note in this video.

Now I will be keeping Angela safe in the room for the next couple of updates but I will make sure to include a bonus video showing what happens if we don''t.

I was considering trying to get my hands on a copy and play along, and then you got to the oil management part and instead I really appreciate you playing this even more. While I don't know how extensive the time management is going to be I really like the idea that the threat against the player character isn't the big danger since you can just go and shop at the town, instead you have to make sure the other characters don't get hurt. Being given a safe place and having to willingly enter danger to save others is a pretty neat way to do a horror game, especially a game where you can actually defend yourself .BTW if Angela needs a can of oil every hour do you actually have enough time to go and shop for some? is the town visit "Free" time wise as long as you don't stay in the hotel?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

discworld is all I read posted:

So larger question for the lovely people in the thread, but where do people think this game's story is going? Like in all honesty there's maybe two main videos left before the game is done and as of right now...well, we don't really have any idea of what's going on. Like to be perfectly honest, I still have no idea what even the title of the game means. I tried to run the Japanese title through google translate (公開されなかった手記(こうかいされなかったしゅき)) which came back with: A note that was not released (Shuki that did not go through). So maybe it was 'The Unreleased Note'? But that still makes no sense in the context of the game.

What? I got the feeling that the main part of the game just started, is it really just going to be finding the other kids in the new dungeons before finishing off Necromeda and leaving Pablo to his work as maintainer of the castle?
Doesn't Japanese use the word "note" for notebooks? Not that we've seen any of those either.

Also I really like that the teleport markers were used in more puzzles than the one they were introduced in, even if it was just a simple use item on thing one. Far to few games actually let you use teleport powers to solve things, instead just letting them be a fast travel system.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I didn't really expect that ending, I mean the actual ending is fine if a bit sequel baiting, but the last part feels a bit like "whoops we have to end it here throw in some bosses", Actually I really would have liked to know what a sequel would have looked like, with some polish and refinement of the mechanics. Did the devs make any other game? Thanks for showing it off, it's a shame games like this are unknown & forgotten, because even if they didn't quite work out they were pretty neat.

• Locked thread