Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

shadok posted:

a bullpen death march.

This has a completely different meaning to me than what you probably intend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have never seen an extra inning game in person. Dunno if I should feel lucky or unfortunate.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I just googled "bullpen death march" and found two results, and one of them was me in this forum last year.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773571&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=25

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

canadianclassic posted:

I'm not an Angels fan in any way but god drat if I'm not depressed for Mike Trout

He's never going to win another MVP again, is he?

Actually his UCL is going to be too tight and he's going to develop freakish power and hit 100 home runs a year.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Tony Phillips posted:

How in the Hell does Logan Morrison have 15 home runs?

Same reason Brad Miller hit 30 last year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Watch George Springer murder two baseballs

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v1448771683/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Here is the Rangers schedule for June:

3 vs HOU
2 vs NYM
3 @ WSH
3 @ HOU
3 vs SEA
4 vs TOR
3 @ NYY
4 @ CLE
1 @ CWS

Can't wait to start the firesale on July 1.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

iospace posted:

I have never seen an extra inning game in person. Dunno if I should feel lucky or unfortunate.

Depends on how much you drink in the first 7

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

iospace posted:

My group got kicked out of a game in the 14th inning because my cousin's wife was still too loving drunk to walk. She's from Boston and was going crazy when they scored: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ANA/ANA201408090.shtml

I got to watch the last 3-4 innings from home. I remember hearing the cheers from the parking lot when the Angels tied it up, I thought they had just walked it off.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A friend of mine was at the 18 inning Astros/Braves NLDS marathon. He said by the 15th inning the staff was carrying around huge trashbags full of popcorn to scoop out for people because the concessions had been closed for like an hour and a half

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Jon Lieber and Greg Maddux starts were pretty much the only time I would keep track of pitch counts on my scorecard.

Man, Jon Lieber and Julian Tavarez were loving beasts for me in that year's High Heat Baseball... :sigh:

Edit: Jesus, was Lieber the Cubs' last 20-game winner until Arrieta in '15?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

Man, Jon Lieber and Julian Tavarez were loving beasts for me in that year's High Heat Baseball... :sigh:

Julian Tavarez ruled. I still remember Manny giving him a scalp massage and him bowling a comebacker over to first.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Timby posted:

Since 1975:

Arrieta '15
Lieber '01
Maddux '92
Reuschel '77

drat.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

iospace posted:

thats too bad. miller park is really great during extras because all the babies leave and they reopen a couple of the concession stands.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Here is the Rangers schedule for June:

3 vs HOU
2 vs NYM
3 @ WSH
3 @ HOU
3 vs SEA
4 vs TOR
3 @ NYY
4 @ CLE
1 @ CWS

Can't wait to start the firesale on July 1.

You heard it here first folks, Yankees are gonna overpay to rent Yu Darvish.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

I don't see it happening. They may overpay for a guy with 1-2 years left on their deal, but I do trust that they won't overpay for a rental right now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Inspector_666 posted:

I don't see it happening. They may overpay for a guy with 1-2 years left on their deal, but I do trust that they won't overpay for a rental right now.

In two months, when that happens, what will you do?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

iospace posted:

In two months, when that happens, what will you do?

Probably get mad about who we traded away. But then be happy when we win number 28 :unsmigghh:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm excited to watch Gleyber Torres play for 7 different minor league systems in 7 different years, missing a ring every time and never actually panning out for anybody

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

YeahTubaMike posted:

V: I get why the guy got fired, but it still annoys me because that was awesome.

If only he'd beaten up his wife, then the Mets would've been willing to keep him on.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If only he'd beaten up his wife, then the Mets would've been willing to keep him on.

If only he'd threatened her with a gun the Cubs would have been on the phone.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Miguel Sano really hates baseballs :stare:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Julio Cruz posted:

If only he'd threatened her with a gun the Cubs would have been on the phone.

It wouldn't be very good job security for Mr. Met. The Cubs would just overwork him for 3 months and kick him to the curb after a ring. I've heard he always wanted to be the Yankees mascot anyway.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The bigger question from sorting through the pitch velocity stats - when did Joe Kelly start throwing so drat hard and topping the charts? I guess when he moved to the pen?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
The guy who threw a can of beer at Hyun Soo Kim during the AL wildcard game last year finally came to court and plead guilty. He'll be sentenced later this month.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2017/05/30/ken-pagan-pleads-guilty-to-throwing-beer-can-at-blue-jays-game.html

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tom Gorman posted:

The bigger question from sorting through the pitch velocity stats - when did Joe Kelly start throwing so drat hard and topping the charts? I guess when he moved to the pen?

The biggest question is: how is Joe Mauer in the top 50 in exit velocity of all balls in play?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

shadok posted:

The guy who threw a can of beer at Hyun Soo Kim during the AL wildcard game last year finally came to court and plead guilty. He'll be sentenced later this month.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2017/05/30/ken-pagan-pleads-guilty-to-throwing-beer-can-at-blue-jays-game.html

Didn't he say something like 'the truth will come out' or something weird insinuating he was being Silenced by Big Baseball? guess not

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

Didn't he say something like 'the truth will come out' or something weird insinuating he was being Silenced by Big Baseball? guess not

He said the usual douchebag thing, which is "I wish I could tell my side of the story, but I can't." Whenever I hear that now my brain corrects it to "You betcha I fuckin' did it! Booya!"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

shadok posted:

He said the usual douchebag thing, which is "I wish I could tell my side of the story, but I can't."

He's a secret agent and the beer can he threw deflected a sniper's bullet.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tom Gorman posted:

His two-seamer is up 4mph from last season. :stare:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
As if that guy isn't on the Rogers payroll. He was a plant.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Inspector_666 posted:

Speaking as a fan of a team that wants to rip you off for rentals what do the Yankees need?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/06/02/1453577883/1496374619529/asset_1200K.mp4

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

And he murdered yet another baseball tonight.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

I clicked and was like "cool cool cool...........AVERAGE?!!"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Grittybeard posted:

Speaking as a fan of a team that wants to rip you off for rentals what do the Yankees need?

Pitching with at least a year left on the contract. Unless Tanaka turns it around and the Yankees look like they can really beat the Astros, I don't see the FO moving away from their "We're not selling the farm for rentals" stance.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

How bout that

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Inspector_666 posted:

Pitching with at least a year left on the contract. Unless Tanaka turns it around and the Yankees look like they can really beat the Astros, I don't see the FO moving away from their "We're not selling the farm for rentals" stance.

I'd offer a strangely effective Jason Vargas but I guess he's a free agent next year, for some reason I thought he was signed through 2018. You can have a probably broken Ian Kennedy if you want him.

I assume Duffy is off the table. In the pen Herrera's the type of guy who it might be worth trading a good amount for but someone will surely be more desperate than you guys if the Royals move him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pirates fans what do you think it would take to pry Tony Watson away

The Astros most glaring hole right now is probably left handed relief. Probably could use a better #3 starter too unless Peacock has really turned the corner (apparently he was giving away signs when he struggled prior to 2015?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rangers look to be getting rid of Sam Dyson.

Okay.

• Locked thread