Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Poque posted:

They met Trump and got him to say "you're fired" and everybody laughed but then everybody stopped and stared at Miggy until he left

Hey Poque guess what

https://www.thescore.com/news/1326968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

what the gently caress

I don't believe it for a second but what the gently caress

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's remarkable how quickly the Cubs have become the evil team

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
like i genuinely hope somebody found my post here and was like "oh this is confirmed, by the cubs" because that'd be out-of-this-world cruel and lovely

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Poque posted:

like i genuinely hope somebody found my post here and was like "oh this is confirmed, by the cubs" because that'd be out-of-this-world cruel and lovely

i hope the opposite, because i know what it's like for ppl to connect your online persona to your real life and i wouldn't wish that on anyone.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

OK, I will regret it but I just have to ask. What, in Cowherd's opinion, was the "real" reason homer rate is higher than the peak of the PED era, while hits per nine are lower than any point in the last 40 years?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/6/28/15891598/cubs-carl-edwards-jr-skipped-white-house-visit-for-dinosaur-museums

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

MrMojok posted:

OK, I will regret it but I just have to ask. What, in Cowherd's opinion, was the "real" reason homer rate is higher than the peak of the PED era, while hits per nine are lower than any point in the last 40 years?

my prediction is "all the players are doing steroids also there are more ethnics and we all know they have more explosive power"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MrMojok posted:

Pitchers are throwing harder and also people are trying to hit home runs.

That's his case.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Inspector_666 posted:

That's his case.

Well I'm sold.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Inspector_666 posted:

That's his case.

skip to like 2 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-BzfmF_iY

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

It's remarkable how quickly the Cubs have become the evil team

They were always the evil team :ssh:. Yankees, Cards, and Cubs are the axis of baseball evil.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

He is well on his way to greatest lefty ever.
Needs two more Cy Youngs to catch the Big Unit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

That's his case.

That's...actually probably pretty close to the truth

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There is definitely an emphasis on power hitters over contact guys. Teams are willing to put up with more strikeouts and poor defense if you can hit dongs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

That's...actually probably pretty close to the truth

I don't doubt it contributes but several guys have done really scientific pieces about how the ball does seem to be performing differently this year and last.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

That's his case.

People who are trying to hit home runs having been noticeably absent from baseball for the past 80 years.

(yes I know he's talking about guys like Mark Reynolds who'll strike out 200 times in a season but even guys like that have been around for 20 years with McGwire and Sosa and Canseco and Giambi)

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They were always the evil team :ssh:. Yankees, Cards, and Cubs are the axis of baseball evil.

What does that make the goonmeet where Kevlar, Inspector and I all hung out, then? Other than sad for Inspector, suffering through ththe longest drought of the 3 of us?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I saw the truncated URL and was hoping it would be about what Carl Everett is doing in retirement.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mozeliak is officially OUT as Cardinals GM.

Because he has been promoted to President of Baseball Operations

Mike Girsch is the new GM, whoever that is.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We've come a long way from "Every time you hit the ball in the air do ten pushups"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Pancakes posted:

What does that make the goonmeet where Kevlar, Inspector and I all hung out, then? Other than sad for Inspector, suffering through ththe longest drought of the 3 of us?

Since I was there too it was kind of like a meeting of the Legion of Doom only a lovely no name super hero showed up and broke a bunch of furniture.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intruder posted:

We've come a long way from "Every time you hit the ball in the air do ten pushups"

Dorn was playing in the wrong era.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pancakes posted:

At least we swept that weekend!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
N:
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/880896855554629634

https://twitter.com/AdamRubinMedia/status/880895468439556103

V: Imagine being a Mets fan.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd like to give Beltran back to the Mets

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Tom Gorman posted:

Mozeliak is officially OUT as Cardinals GM.

Because he has been promoted to President of Baseball Operations

Mike Girsch is the new GM, whoever that is.

It's a very Theo/Jed type relationship, so basically nothing changed.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Intruder posted:

I'd like to give Beltran back to the Mets

We're good on corner outfielders, thanks.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Phillies called up Nick Williams, he's starting in left field tonight.

:toot:

Also I assume he's going to get a Golden Sombrero tonight as well.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It appears Clint Frazier has been called up

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was wrong about when he's gonna be Rule 5 eligible, too, it's this year.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Clint Frazier will help the Yankees to a resurgent July, hopefully his leg doesn't fall off like Fowler's

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Carlosologist posted:

Clint Frazier will help the Yankees to a resurgent July, hopefully his leg doesn't fall off like Fowler's

I doubt he's up for long. Hicks will be back soon and the OF is crowded.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Joe West got pegged in the back of the head with a baseball from the stands at the Brewers game. That's quite a throw.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
:siren: POSITION PLAYER PITCHING ALERT :siren:

Aoki pitching in the top of the 9th in the NYY v HOU game, he has issued two straight walks.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Stephen Vogt hit 2 home runs, 3 RBI in his first game with the Brewers, a 3-2 win over Miami after being DFA'd by Oakland.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Whooping Crabs posted:

Stephen Vogt hit 2 home runs, 3 RBI in his first game with the Brewers, a 3-2 win over Miami after being DFA'd by Oakland.

And had the game saving tag in the top of the 9th on a perfect relay from the wall.

Also, the Brewers officially will be in first to start the month. One part :psyduck: one part :getin:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs will be in first in the NL Central by the time June ends BOOK IT. :colbert:

I will repeat, hmm...

iospace posted:

And had the game saving tag in the top of the 9th on a perfect relay from the wall.

Also, the Brewers officially will be in first to start the month. One part :psyduck: one part :getin:

:smug:

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
That was one of the more entertaining Rays games I've been to in a while. I'm sorry for being so excited O's fans around me :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Dodgers have hit fifty two home runs in June, and there are still three innings left.

• Locked thread