Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Here is the Rangers schedule for June:

3 vs HOU
2 vs NYM
3 @ WSH
3 @ HOU
3 vs SEA
4 vs TOR
3 @ NYY
4 @ CLE
1 @ CWS

Can't wait to start the firesale on July 1.

You heard it here first folks, Yankees are gonna overpay to rent Yu Darvish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TRUST THE PROCESS

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Kevin Kiermaier broke his hip sliding into second :smith:

Also, Rickie Weeks is on the DL with suckitis.

Is Rocco Baldelli the Rays 1st base coach?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ihatepants posted:

Think they are gonna sit him when Ellsbury is healthy again? He's currently got the 4th highest wRC+ in baseball (170)

Given that he can play every single outfield position, they will likely cycle him between Left, Center, Right and DH as they rest Gardy, Ellsbury, Judge and Holliday. That's a good amount of playing time for him.

Still you have to wonder what the Yankees are going to do with Ellsbury, who increasingly can't play center and is under contract for 3 more years.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Speaking of the draft, I got a little blindsided by this:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/874301769530191872

I've been assuming it was between Wright/McKay/Greene for the last like two months

I really don't see how they go with anyone but McKay, unless there is something we don't know about him.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Walrus posted:

how do I tell them at the adoption centre that i would like an aaron judge type baby, please

Now that's a good return on investment

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

bewbies posted:

I still don't get baseball scouting.

On the one hand you've got a really talented 18 year old. On the other hand you've got a 23 year old who tore up a tough college league. I get the 18 year old probably has a higher ceiling but I do not get why you'd prefer that wide variation of possible outcomes over a guy who is probably ML ready right now.

1) MLB prospects are a huge crapshoot. Even the best prospects has huge miss ratings.

2) Money matters. you only have so much bonus money to go around and if you have a ton of picks then you have to be mindful of keeping enough money available to sign them

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Aaron Judge is the new Beefy Lad.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Miz Kriss posted:

I thought the beefy lad nicknames were given to the fat players

He's listed at 50 lbs heavier than Schwarber :v:

But I'll accept Large Adult Son

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 13, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

I don't claim to be an expert on anything but, after watching the draft closely for about a decade, the only thing I am ever certain of anymore is that these are young men with faces and names. Most of them have hands and feet, unless otherwise noted.

Please, enough with the hot takes

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Timby posted:

They also drafted Jake Boone, Bret's son.

Does that make the Boones the first four-generation family in baseball?

Is there a Bell anywhere in the Minors yet?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Pussy Boss posted:

Beltran feels like a classic "Hall of Very Good" player to me. Never won an MVP or came close. Was never really in the conversation for best player in baseball at any point in his career.

He's got to be like the 8th or 9th center fielder by WAR, dudes a no brainer.

e: 8th by WAR, 9th by JAWS and 11th by WAR7. Dude is a Hall of Famer without a doubt.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 19, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also Mike Trout is currently 6th is WAR 7.

He has played only 5 full seasons.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Is Tommy John for Torres that big of a deal? He loses a year to develop yeah, but worst case scenerio is what, he has to move to 2nd base?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

It's his non-throwing arm, so not even that move to 2B.

Mainly it sucks because you lose a year of development and now we're definitely stuck with Headley.

EDIT: Also it being announced on the off-day after a nightmare road trip didn't help.

If the Yankees are in contention in a month (they will be) I don't see them not swinging a trade for a 3rd basemen. Moustakes is set for a deadline rental, and if that doesnt work then Frazier, Freese, or even Lowrie are available.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The only 2 things the yankees are really in the market for are a 3rd basemen and starting pitching. MAYBE a first basemen if they think Bird is dead.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Scott Rolen a HOF candidate or does not reaching 400 HR's mean hall of pretty good?

I posted this a while ago but Scott Rolen maybe had the most boringly great career in baseball history. His only significant achievements are 500 doubles and 8 gold gloves. He is fighting an uphill battle.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Can someone who is smarter at Baseball explain to me what is going on with Kyle Schwarber? His K% and BB% are all in line with his 2015 numbers, except his BABIP is 100 points lower. His iso is also considerably lower, but if he can't hit the ball into play, that would explain that a bit too. Is he just being shiftted to death or what?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Intruder posted:

Fans are still dumb about Beltran who is now hitting 239/295/426 with a 97 OPS+ while playing mostly DH yet is ahead in the OF voting over teammate Josh Reddick who is hitting 298/354/496 with a 132 OPS+ and also playing very good defense and they're teammates so you can't even attribute it to Astros fans stuffing the ballot box

Getting upset about the current 8th place dude in outfield voting is pretty dumb. Dude won't even sniff the All Star Game

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ego symphonic posted:

Hardees is cool and the natural history museum rules too.

yes I agree

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

bewbies posted:

Why didn't Aaron Judge make it to the majors sooner? I feel like someone hitting that well at 25 could have been a meaningful contributor at 23 or 24.

He literally spent 2 years in the minors.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

It's a scouting comp, and the reaction is due to people thinking Gardner sucks for some reason. I guess the perennial trade rumors are souring people, but a guy who is always tradeable is a guy who is always good! That's why people would want to trade for him!

As a Yankees fan who lives in Boston and does not interact with New York fans or media in any real way, do people really hate Gardy? He's homegrown, on a cheap contract and generally pretty good? Why hate him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

I had a deep, morbid curiosity about this specific video after seeing a thumbnail the other day. It's ridiculously clear he didn't read or listen to any of the people doing the juiced ball research and :argh:

Cowherd fascinates me, honestly, because he seems so shameless about how he knows nothing and just wants to rile people up. He literally played himself on that show Pitch and every clip was him going "A WOMAN CAN'T PLAY BASEBALL I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE!"

You're literally listening to sports Alex Jones

• Locked thread