Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs will be in first in the NL Central by the time June ends BOOK IT. :colbert:

The Brewers are leading the division? Goddamn Trump's America is hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Intruder posted:

And then Aaron Rodgers bet to give a fan his salary if Braun had actually taken PEDs, so sure was he that it wasn't true

No word on how that went

Rodgers was so pissed about what happened that the restaurant they opened together, named "8-twelve" in the MKE suburbs almost promptly got renamed. https://www.eater.com/2013/9/20/6367519/ryan-braun-aaron-rodgers-wisconsin-restaurant-8-twelve-gets-renamed

Popete posted:

So yes, gently caress Ryan Braun.

I was so hoping he was going to get traded last year.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

quote:

“Learn baseball language. You know, learn—it’s pretty simple,”

What the gently caress does this even mean? Like what kind of language is he even talking about?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Intruder posted:

You know what he means

I assume he means English, but I'm just hoping he's referring to some kind of baseball universal language that being a non-baseball person I just haven't picked up on

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

tinstaach posted:

BREAKING: Zack Hample is still a dipshit.

Goddamn, I had totally forgotten about this guy and didn't realize he was still a thing.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's by the highway so they were able to get away with it. The literal plot to Parks and Rec took place when they tried to fill a giant abandoned quarry with some of the I-94 construction material and build a park there. It was defeated because some rear end in a top hat land developer wanted it for himself (and still has not bought it) and claimed that "there would be a dump truck every 30 seconds for weeks".

I went to said abandoned quarry a lot in HS (to secretly drink :ssh:). It's a beautiful place and I was loving pissed this didn't happen. Brookfield is definitely a NIMBY neighborhood. Well at least it'll remain the secret drinking spot of high school students until something legit happens to it.

quote:

I think The Corners was literally planned out as taking a chunk of the 3rd Ward, putting an underground parking lot underneath it because lol @ suburbanites walking anywhere, and then putting it in Brookfield so no one has to travel to a "dangerous" area for good restaurants. I went to the Cafe Hollander there and the front of the menu had a big notice on it (which is not present on the menus of the one downtown) that basically said "If you order a craft beer, you're getting it in a craft beer glass, it's going to have some head in the glass because that's how it's loving supposed to be poured and served, no we're not going to top it off so your cheap rear end feels like you got your full money's worth".

Lol people do this? Holy poo poo. My family was just as new to craft beer when that place opened as the next family and our reaction was the most :shobon: thing ever. Cafe Hollander is responsible for me understanding that there are actual good beers out there. Well, that and Spotted Cow until Spotted Cow got totally usurped by the craft beer revolution.

cis autodrag posted:

I mean, they built that idiotic "the corners" mall+apartments just fine. I went to college at Carroll. Burn brookfield to the ground imo and take new berlin with it.

Also went to Carroll and grew up in Brookfield. I personally found it to be a pretty nice place. If any place needs to get burned to the ground it's Elm Grove.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 26, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Intruder posted:

I have no idea why my post has that extraneous "the" in it

You're just very adamant about the hot dog issue so you feel the need to emphasize hot dog with "the".

"The" Ohio State
"The" U
"The" Hot Dog

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Pitchers are throwing harder and also people are trying to hit home runs.

That's his case.

Well I'm sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Pancakes posted:

What does that make the goonmeet where Kevlar, Inspector and I all hung out, then? Other than sad for Inspector, suffering through ththe longest drought of the 3 of us?

Since I was there too it was kind of like a meeting of the Legion of Doom only a lovely no name super hero showed up and broke a bunch of furniture.

• Locked thread