Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I was at this game, does it count?

I mean, it started out as a pretty good pitcher's duel between Stroman and Tomlin, and then it just turned into a bullpen death march.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just googled "bullpen death march" and found two results, and one of them was me in this forum last year.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773571&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=25

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
The guy who threw a can of beer at Hyun Soo Kim during the AL wildcard game last year finally came to court and plead guilty. He'll be sentenced later this month.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2017/05/30/ken-pagan-pleads-guilty-to-throwing-beer-can-at-blue-jays-game.html

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

Didn't he say something like 'the truth will come out' or something weird insinuating he was being Silenced by Big Baseball? guess not

He said the usual douchebag thing, which is "I wish I could tell my side of the story, but I can't." Whenever I hear that now my brain corrects it to "You betcha I fuckin' did it! Booya!"

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did I just see Yasiel Puig in a cameo as himself in "Angie Tribeca"? I'm pretty sure I did.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

ihatepants posted:

I noticed that there are always a ton of Blue Jays fans here when they are playing the Mariners. Does all of Canada support them because they're the only Canadian team left, do they make the trip from Toronto, or are there just a ton of transplants from Toronto?

The Jays only play in Seattle once a year, so every Blue Jays fan from Regina on west who wants to see a game or two and doesn't want to go to Toronto makes the trip.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Jays dropped 3/4 to the loving Braves and then rampaged through May so maybe that'll happen again now (it probably won't).

I think I might actually cry if they trade Donaldson away, I'll miss him that much.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

Kevin Kiermaier broke his hip sliding into second :smith:

In an undisclosed location somewhere in Toronto, Kevin Pillar puts an X through Kiermaier's photograph, drops it in a trash can next to Trout's picture, and picks up a file on his desk labelled PROJECT 2017 GOLDEN GLOVE - GEORGE SPRINGER.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Apparently the Jays are about to pick something called a Logan Warmoth. RHP.

Edit: they've listed him as a SS so maybe they don't want him as a pitcher.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

AL ASG Update

Anaemic voting for the Blue Jays is to be expected given their performance this year, but Josh Donaldson deserves to be an All-Star. I'm surprised Justin Smoak hasn't at least made it to fifth for 1B, given the season he's having and the way Sportsnet is pushing him every broadcast.

I'm also surprised to see Encarnacion appear on the list. I thought they were hating him over in Cleveland.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kalenn Istarion posted:

What do people who are more informed than me think of the Jays draft picks? I've never been into prospect stats much

Here's my take: Warmoth is a pretty cool name. Here are some of the image search results for "War Moth".

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://theringer.com/2017-mlb-home-run-spike-juiced-ball-testing-reveal-155cd21108bc

There are were a number of tiny but significant changes made to the MLB official Costa Rica-made baseball mid-2015 which collectively may explain the sudden spike in dingers and dongers.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
N: Baltimore is now tied with Toronto in the AL East basement at 32-33.

V: :toot:

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can he play LF?

Can he play LF tomorrow?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've never heard of the guy up to this point

I'd never heard of him until last year but his public slapfight with Marlins Man over weaseling into the Fort Bragg military-only game was baseball comedy gold.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/04/ballhawk-fiend-called-out-for-sneaking-into-mlb-military-game/

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hey look, Justin Smoak made 4th. I guess that Sportsnet campaign is working after all.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

I kind of understand it if you don't have two lockdown guys, but yeah.

What is really infuriating me is how Joe Girardi refuses to use Dellin if it's not the 8th inning. He can do 2 IP if needed and him over Clippard in a high leverage situation is just such a loving no-brainer.

John Gibbons is a pretty mediocre manager with some infuriating flaws (literally the worst in MLB at replay challenges) but credit where credit is due: he puts Osuna in where he's needed.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

As evidenced by the 0 times he's come in to get more than 3 outs all season.

I was thinking of games like the ALWC last year where Osuna came in for the 9th and pitched 1.1, where Showalter infamously sat on Zach Britton waiting for the close that never came.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I missed the news of this stunning baseball upset somehow:

https://twitter.com/DOBrienAJC/status/875870651193712640

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Walrus posted:

josh donaldson not playing.

He was in the lineup to DH, when did they scratch him?

Edit: oh, poo poo.

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/877939622503776256

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

:siren: FUN 2017 TORONTO BLUE JAYS TRIVIA :siren:

The 2017 Toronto Blue Jays have now played 9 games in which they are one win away from .500 and lost them all.

In those nine games they have been outscored 73-24.

The combined ERA of their starting pitchers in those games is 11.15.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chexoid posted:

Apparently Osuna wasn't available last night due to a mental issue he's going through, which is mega lovely.

https://twitter.com/ArdenZwelling/status/878642506975588355

Feel better lil' dude.

I am astounded and awed that Osuna had the balls to be open about this. Now I love him even more.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Hope Osuna can get the help he needs.

The Blue Jays have a Head of Mental Performance and two Mental Performance Coaches who have been working with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
N:
https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/879116958691598336

V: :unsmith:

• Locked thread