Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I hope the Mets are just telling everyone it's a new guy when it's really just the same guy as yesterday. Who would know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Going to the Cubs game today, sitting in the Assurance Club. Someone tell me how nice this is supposed to be.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Infidel Castro posted:

Well you're still in Wrigley, so it probably sucks.

Uh it rules because I'm right next to Ryne Sandberg.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

If you haven't read the latest ESPN magazine feature about Latin culture and baseball, you should.

This is good. I liked how most of the players said their first big purchase was a new home for mom. Also, teams really need to invest in professional translator, ESL teachers for these guys.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

iospace posted:

Do you happen to be a broadcaster for the red Sox?

I only said they needed translators because so many talked about their difficulties with the language barrier. Some were resorting to learning English from their girlfriends (who they could barely talk to when they started dating).

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Goodpancakes posted:

Beefy lad to AAA Iowa

Iowa has lots of beef, so this should be good for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Can someone who is smarter at Baseball explain to me what is going on with Kyle Schwarber? His K% and BB% are all in line with his 2015 numbers, except his BABIP is 100 points lower. His iso is also considerably lower, but if he can't hit the ball into play, that would explain that a bit too. Is he just being shiftted to death or what?

He seems to be getting under the ball more. Going from 2015, his ground ball rate is exactly the same. His flyballs are up 5%, and line drives are down 5%, and his infield fly balls have gone from 7% to 14%. Just seems like he's popping the ball up a lot more. His SO and BB/K are nearly identical from 2015. This is actually a good time to evaluate because in 2015 he had 273 PA, right now he's at 261, so pretty close.

Edit: He's also pulling the ball about 2% less than 2015, but it could be that teams weren't shifting on him back then. I don't really remember.

• Locked thread