Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dr. Hurt posted:

Wow. Rude. I just got done with the movie.

I am Borussia Mönchengladbach. I have no idea who the hell that is and if they are a real person kudos to their parents. I'm just a VT midfielder. Nothing fancy. I've had to make my own fun posting Alf.

lmao if taste gave you a team name instead of a player name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

lmao if taste gave you a team name instead of a player name

Did you not get a team name?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Oh my name is Fabian Johnson. I've been playing this entire time thinking I was some idiot name.

##vote Raeg

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Did you not get a team name?

I have two teams mentioned that he played for, among others.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

I have two teams mentioned that he played for, among others.

Ok. So did I.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I laughed, but I still voted

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Well, that was not a claim that is gonna spare him, so does anyone see a need to keep the day open for the next hour or should we get this show on the road?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, well VT isn't a good enough claim to stop the lynch. However, I'm still kind of torn here because it does feel like Dr. Hurt is telling the truth.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Well, that was not a claim that is gonna spare him, so does anyone see a need to keep the day open for the next hour or should we get this show on the road?

I'm still kind of pondering. I don't know if Raeg is telling us the complete truth here, but it could just be him trying to keep some info away from scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

I'm still kind of pondering. I don't know if Raeg is telling us the complete truth here, but it could just be him trying to keep some info away from scum.

No problem. I'll be around so if you're thinking still no need to rush.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I just don't know what to do about Raeg. His claim is very awkward, but it also has this ring of truth to it. And yet at the same time, it's still such a strange claim. I could understand having a "Developing Player" being a JOAT and I can imagine it having some limitations like the either/or choices on specific days, but it also seems really weird that the nights go 2, 4, 5. I could see skipping N1, but why N3?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If Raeg had claimed like that and there had been any sort of pressure on him at the time I'd be a lot more suspicious, as it stands the claim looks more like the work of someone who doesn't really know what they're doing than anything else.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Basically, I'm sitting here wondering if Raeg is the source of the extra N1 kill. Like maybe he can kill on odd nights and does something else on even nights?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

If Raeg had claimed like that and there had been any sort of pressure on him at the time I'd be a lot more suspicious, as it stands the claim looks more like the work of someone who doesn't really know what they're doing than anything else.

I mean, I tend to agree with this thought, but it's still gnawing at me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Do you think scum had a second kill on night 1?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Man, I just don't know what to do about Raeg. His claim is very awkward, but it also has this ring of truth to it. And yet at the same time, it's still such a strange claim. I could understand having a "Developing Player" being a JOAT and I can imagine it having some limitations like the either/or choices on specific days, but it also seems really weird that the nights go 2, 4, 5. I could see skipping N1, but why N3?

Yeah. The missing N3 and locking a vig behind N5 are hard parts for me. 16 player game with what looks like a scum kill and a sk kill going is gonna have a hard time making a N5 vig useful when we could be down 3 players a day. Obviously no lynches or role saves can extend the game, and we are still speculating about the SK thing, but keeping a vig away for that long just seems.. strange. Like, if the claim is legit, I'm going to definitely be curious as to how taste came to that decision. I know I'd much, much rather have an earlier vig than a late vig, but I also would never use a vig that late in the game so it is not a role intended for me if legit, clearly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Do you think scum had a second kill on night 1?

I guess it's not impossible, but it would seem odd.

I know I've played in a couple 13 player games (iirc) run by Asiina that only had a 2 person scum team (a ninja and a godfather) who could BOTH kill at night. I think the rest of the setup was just standard doc/cop/tracker with a bunch of vanilla, possibly one other role.

So maybe something like that got toyed with and given a few extra players? Add in a survivor and player with a vig and it would probably come out right.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Although iirc that setup resulted in a game that would only last 3 or 4 days if all the kills went through and I'm not feeling like we're quite in danger of being outnumbered by scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There's no evidence for anything like that though, and we'd probably do more harm than good trying to play around that assumption.

For all we know there are 5 scum that only got three kills total this game and today is actually lylo. But it's not likely and if that's the case it's not like we could really play according to that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

There's no evidence for anything like that though, and we'd probably do more harm than good trying to play around that assumption.

For all we know there are 5 scum that only got three kills total this game and today is actually lylo. But it's not likely and if that's the case it's not like we could really play according to that.

No I agree. I'm not planning to play with that assumption.

Right now I'm thinking it's some kind standard setup for a 16 player game which would be 3 scum, 1 3P, and 12 town. Possibly 2 3P and 11 town, but I don't think that's a concern at the moment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, you know I don't think most people said who they voted for MotM during N2 and I'm wondering if that would be helpful right now as well.

I probably should have pushed for it earlier in the day.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I voted Gulag.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I really wish more people would have looked harder at Sandwolf. The way he pushed for that Added lynch on D2 was really scummy imo.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah sorry y'all. I know that VT isn't exactly a "stop the presses" type claim. But at least I'm straightforward except when I'm a complete ding dong and misinterpret my name.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Man, I really wish more people would have looked harder at Sandwolf. The way he pushed for that Added lynch on D2 was really scummy imo.

Like could you push that again cuz when I asked earlier I still didn't get a clear idea of the actual case.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Hurt posted:

Like could you push that again cuz when I asked earlier I still didn't get a clear idea of the actual case.

I just didn't like the way he kept hard pushing to get Added lynched so early in the day. He made it seem like it was the only available lynch and it was purely based on a second hand scum claim. Yeah, the stuff that was posted by both AS and Inf weren't great, but it's not like a smoking gun either.

And either way, just trying to shut down discussion by only focusing on one player is a scummy thing to do. I've been a cop with a scum result and I still advocate to take plenty of time to talk about other things. Obviously with a scum result you don't have to wait until the deadline, but with a somewhat suspect case like the one against AS it was just dumb to get the lynch done a full day before the deadline.

Scum want town to make rushed decisions and that's exactly what D2 felt like and Sandwolf was the one leading that push to get it done fast imo.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There's no way AS was going to get out of day 2 without being voted out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like this to me is just offensive:

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah hundred percent my dude, but I don't see how any discussion is gonna take place other than hemming and hawing on this Added Space thing followed by limp bandwagon that sees him lynched at the end of the day. I don't see how we lynch anyone else today (except Infinitum who I want to talk about tomorrow) so let's just get this over with.

Because I just don't see it as true.

People could have taken harder stands, people could have tried to move the lynch. And yeah, maybe it would just ended with a limp bandwagon on AS, but that would have given town information too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

There's no way AS was going to get out of day 2 without being voted out.

You don't know that at all and that's the problem.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I know I wouldn't have voted for anyone else besides somebody else also claiming scum in a more forceful way.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And it's even more wrong since the whole claim came from Inf in the first place and let's face it, he's not exactly the most trustworthy person.

So even with the stuff they both posted (which imo was wrong from both of them), it was not a smoking gun and it would have been way better to let the entire day play out instead of forcing the lynch to be done early. Even if AS had ultimately been the lynch anyway.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm sorry but no you're wrong, Sandwolf was right, there's no way the town could have or should have left alive the guy who pretended to have scumbuddies, if we had left him alive we would literally be debating whether he was actually scum or not until the day the game ended.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

I know I wouldn't have voted for anyone else besides somebody else also claiming scum in a more forceful way.

But that's the whole issue. He didn't actually claim scum.

Sure, you can make the case that it was implied, but given what happened it clearly turned out to be just AS making a joke.

That presumption is what kills town and that is what drives me nuts. And yes, I know I'm guilty of it myself at times and basically every time I do it, it bites me in the rear end.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

But that's the whole issue. He didn't actually claim scum.

Sure, you can make the case that it was implied, but given what happened it clearly turned out to be just AS making a joke.

That presumption is what kills town and that is what drives me nuts. And yes, I know I'm guilty of it myself at times and basically every time I do it, it bites me in the rear end.

"I'll have to check with my [scum] buddies" isn't exactly ambiguous dude.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm sorry but no you're wrong, Sandwolf was right, there's no way the town could have or should have left alive the guy who pretended to have scumbuddies, if we had left him alive we would literally be debating whether he was actually scum or not until the day the game ended.

Or someone could have tracked him, or maybe Raeg could have used that 1x cop on him if he got the chance. There's a bunch of possibilities.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Townies loving lying is what kills town. The same problem we're facing with Raeg who probably wouldn't have any votes right now if he could have kept to one consistent claim.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Or someone could have tracked him, or maybe Raeg could have used that 1x cop on him if he got the chance. There's a bunch of possibilities.

Or we could have just voted him. Like we did.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

"I'll have to check with my [scum] buddies" isn't exactly ambiguous dude.

Whatever. I'm done. It was a stupidly rushed lynch. Yes, AS probably would have ended up as the lynch, but you still don't force it to get done early. That is the problem.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway, we've only got 15 minutes left and at this point it's not going to be anyone else, so ##vote Dr. Hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now where is Chaos to finish this lynch?

• Locked thread