Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Well I've been an idiot for most of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:byewhore:

Instead of actually doing something useful with your vig, like killing Sandwolf, you used it on someone who could have just not voted for Dr. Hurt yesterday.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

:zombie: rip me, go town! :zombie:

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Sandwolf I'd agree with at this point, I'd also question Ernie's motivations.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

chaoslord is another one I'd view as suspect.

I think Circl's most likely town at this point.

As is TM.

TMM too.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

:byewhore:

Instead of actually doing something useful with your vig, like killing Sandwolf, you used it on someone who could have just not voted for Dr. Hurt yesterday.

Yeah of the three guys he shortlisted you should have been the last person picked. Oh well, Inf gonna Inf.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raeg posted:

Sandwolf I'd agree with at this point, I'd also question Ernie's motivations.

And again, Ernie made a claim of Survivor. For now, that's enough to essentially just ignore him. Ernie will either get lynched eventually, or he'll end up winning because we lynched all the scum first.

Ernie basically gets another pass for today because we lynched scum yesterday. He should not be a priority, but if for some reason, we can't come to a consensus on a better target, we can vote Ernie and know we are at least eliminating a 3P.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raeg posted:

chaoslord is another one I'd view as suspect.

I think Circl's most likely town at this point.

As is TM.

TMM too.

Well according to Inf, and I see no reason why he would have lied about it, I am now confirmed town. It kind of gives me an itchy feeling on my back, but I'm just vanilla so no big deal.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TMMadman posted:

And again, Ernie made a claim of Survivor. For now, that's enough to essentially just ignore him. Ernie will either get lynched eventually, or he'll end up winning because we lynched all the scum first.

Ernie basically gets another pass for today because we lynched scum yesterday. He should not be a priority, but if for some reason, we can't come to a consensus on a better target, we can vote Ernie and know we are at least eliminating a 3P.

I just don't buy the claim and that's my issue there.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I mean I've had a stellar track record so far of gut reads but I don't view it as genuine.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raeg posted:

I just don't buy the claim and that's my issue there.

That's fine. It may not be true, but it's enough that you shouldn't focus on it today.

He's already stated that he's not town and that means that he WILL get hung if the numbers get anywhere close to dicey for town.

For example, if Dr. Hurt had been town and then Inf still did used his vig on me, then Ernie would probably have a higher chance of being lynched because we'd be at 9 alive, with presumably 3 scum and at least 1 3P.

As it stands now, we are at 9 alive, with presumably 2 scum and at least 1 known 3P. Today, we should be lynching someone who we really think is scum and not worry about someone who has already admitted that he's not town.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TMMadman posted:

That's fine. It may not be true, but it's enough that you shouldn't focus on it today.

He's already stated that he's not town and that means that he WILL get hung if the numbers get anywhere close to dicey for town.

For example, if Dr. Hurt had been town and then Inf still did used his vig on me, then Ernie would probably have a higher chance of being lynched because we'd be at 9 alive, with presumably 3 scum and at least 1 3P.

As it stands now, we are at 9 alive, with presumably 2 scum and at least 1 known 3P. Today, we should be lynching someone who we really think is scum and not worry about someone who has already admitted that he's not town.

I get what you're saying but at the same time I think it gives Ernie something of a free hand and allows him to be off the radar which is my concern with the claim in the first place.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
[7] Dr. Hurt(scum): The Ninth Layer(town), Hal Incandenza(?), Tired Moritz(?), Infinitum(town), CirclMastr(?), TMMadman(town), chaoslord(?)
[2] Raeg(?): Ernie.(claimed 3P), Dr. Hurt (scum)
[2] TMMadman(town): Kasumeat(?), Sandwolf(?)
[1] Infinitum(town): Raeg(?)

Ok, so that's yesterdays votecount with known alignments after each name. There are 4 ?'s on Dr. Hurt and 3 ?'s off him plus the claimed 3P. The 2 separate ? groups should be the focus today.

In the group that voted for Dr. Hurt, I just can't see Circl being scum. That would be some prime acting with his reaction to seeing Hurt's flip. That leaves Hal, Tired and chaos and all of them should be considered. Of the three of them, I think that Tired is probably the most suspicious. Chaos doesn't get a pass for being the hammer, but I haven't really been feeling scum from him this game. Hal is usually inscrutable to me, so I have no clue about him. I could see him being town just as easily as I could see him getting on an early bus.

In the group that weren't voting Hurt, I'm still just not sure about Raeg, but given his claim, he's not really a good lynch target, so that leaves Kasumeat and Sandwolf. I think one of them is definitely scum and I believe it to be Sandwolf.

So, I'll ##vote Sandwolf

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raeg posted:

I get what you're saying but at the same time I think it gives Ernie something of a free hand and allows him to be off the radar which is my concern with the claim in the first place.

But again, it doesn't matter. Ernie is a concern for tomorrow, not for today. The numbers today are in towns favor, so we don't need to worry about the guy who has already claimed to be a 3P.

Today we focus on an unknown.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I just don't agree with the logic but I think that's a play style difference. You're basically allowing a player to be off pressure until such a time as you think it may be worth discussing and I feel putting suspects under pressure is worth exploring.

I don't think we're going to agree on that point so it's probably best to move on.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raeg posted:

I just don't agree with the logic but I think that's a play style difference. You're basically allowing a player to be off pressure until such a time as you think it may be worth discussing and I feel putting suspects under pressure is worth exploring.

I don't think we're going to agree on that point so it's probably best to move on.

I'm not letting him off. He's signed his own death warrant by saying that he is a 3P, but there isn't any real reason to focus on him when there are more pressing issues at hand.

Now if Circl came in and said that he tracked Ernie to someone last night, that would make me vote Ernie today, since he would almost certainly be an SK instead of a Survivor. Or even if we had a 2nd kill at night, then I'd be considering Ernie as a viable vote today. But as it stands, I see no reason to consider Ernie except as a last minute choice to avoid a no lynch.

It's simply a practical matter here. Ernie's alignment is known for all intents and purposes, he's either 3P or he's scum. However, we don't know the alignment of 7 players (technically 6 other players for everyone but me). Focus on figuring out the unknown alignments rather than worrying about the known one that so far as we know hasn't hurt town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And I will say that you arguing to kill the 3P does make me lean a little more town for you, but it could also be that you're scum who either knows or suspects that Ernie isn't just a Survivor.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TMMadman posted:

And I will say that you arguing to kill the 3P does make me lean a little more town for you, but it could also be that you're scum who either knows or suspects that Ernie isn't just a Survivor.

I mean at that point, you'd have to be asking why Dr. Hurt was trying push me as the alternative lynch candidate last night but then we go down a very 3D Chess/WIFOM style conversation that isn't worth it right now.

My big question marks right now are probably Sandwolf, Chaoslord and Ernie.

I just haven't seen a lot of Hal or Kasu and it's tougher to make calls there.

I don't feel Tired is scummy nor Circl at this point (now my pet tunnelling case went to complete poo poo) and obviously it looks like Inf cleared you right up.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I've been out of town again today (and still am technically, I'll be home late tonight so I'll re-read discussion then).

Sandwolf went nowhere last night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

I've been out of town again today (and still am technically, I'll be home late tonight so I'll re-read discussion then).

Sandwolf went nowhere last night.

Hmm....while this does give me pause, I don't think it clears him either because with a now flipped watcher and a claimed tracker, the scum team could have a ninja.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
really, you guys? Can you wait until I was here before things happen?

Btw I voted for Infinitum.

lol if everyone voted for TNL and I was the only one who pushed for Infinitum so he gets MOMT.

btw I'm suspicious of Sandwolf/CL.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Sorry I've been so scarce lately, it's been tons of weddings at work which are all 12+ hour days. I have one tomorrow and then I will be able to contribute more.

That said, gently caress me. I was really loving sure of TMM. For those of you who were townreading him before the tackle, could you please explain why?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

And his absence lately is making me a little more suspicious of Sandwolf, but I'm still not seeing the scum case on him outside of that.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Chaos, what are your strongest reads right now?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Hmm....while this does give me pause, I don't think it clears him either because with a now flipped watcher and a claimed tracker, the scum team could have a ninja.

Given the amount of tracking/watching available to town, I'd almost certainly say scum have some sort of concealment option.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Raeg posted:

Given the amount of tracking/watching available to town, I'd almost certainly say scum have some sort of concealment option.

Also of course there is almost surely more than one scum left and suspicious Sandwolf probably wouldn't be the first choice to send to a kill. He could be a goon/passive role

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No idea why infi wouldn't have shot sandwolf, and instead would pick one of the most active players. What a doofus.

I also voted TNL motm

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm going to vote raeg until I die. ##vote raeg

Today there's none of that panicked tone posting. He just decided that he wants to post about something neutral and make it sound like participation.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
am I literally the only person who voted Infinitum

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Am I really the only person reading raeg as completely off in tone and motivation? Hal? Ninth?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Ernie. posted:

I'm going to vote raeg until I die. ##vote raeg

Today there's none of that panicked tone posting. He just decided that he wants to post about something neutral and make it sound like participation.

I already posted my suspects, argued about why I don't think you should be ignored and pushed aside but thanks for popping up to prove that further.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Also you asked a dead guy to back you up?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Anyway, Ernie aside, disappointed that Circl's tracking didn't yield results but if people want to punt Ernie discussions down the line, I think Sandwolf is actually a good bet. Actually the more I've looked at, the happier I am to do this

##vote: Sandwolf

Did a re-read of Hal and I'd put him more towards the townie side for now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Raeg posted:

Also you asked a dead guy to back you up?

Hey, I am still alive! I mean, yeah, TNL is dead, but he was half right.

But I am not gonna back him up, I haven't had an issue with your posting at all. I thought when the whole inf/AS thing went down you reacted in a reasonable way and for the most part you have seemed genuine and earnest even when I am not 100% with you on opinions. Plus you have been pretty loquacious which if you were scum I think it would have been more obvious by now.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kasumeat posted:

For those of you who were townreading him before the tackle, could you please explain why?

Content gamed with an unpopular opinion (he said he'd vig ernie for the first vote in the game which was a joke vote - TMM wasn't sure it was a joke vote, but saying something like that early on is going to get folks to look at you and is completely avoidable as scum), and we've agreed on what I would call the high points of the game for the most part. Obviously, I can be wrong, but I know I'm town and how I see the game so when I see someone who agrees with me a good amount on the big picture items, I tend to think they're town.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kasumeat posted:

Chaos, what are your strongest reads right now?

I would not particularly call any of my reads strong at this point, ha, so I'll just walk you through where I am on everyone. Raeg and Moritz are the only players I'm really reading as scum but I'm rapidly losing confidence in those cases for various reasons. Well, moreso the Raeg than the Moritz one. So I guess it's Moritz 1 and Raeg 2 as my strongest reads, but at the moment I could not push them with full confidence.

I still don't like that you dodged the content game early on but I haven't really been pinged by anything from you since then.

I see what TMM sees on the Sandwolf, but I know I was also of the attitude "well hell this day's vote is definitely going to be AS" so I'm not particularly convinced that's a scumpinion from sandwolf. I have a couple of flights today though that should give me some time to think it over and if I'm lucky there will be some in flight wifi to do some reading. On the other hand there's also the mechanical/numbers side to "How long will he be gone on his trip?", but that is a separate conversation from "Is he scum?"

Hal I'm just a big fat :shrug: on

Circl and TMM are town, Ernie is not.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the one townie and tracker are town, the self-proclaimed survivor is not.

AUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHh

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am still suspicious of Sandwolf myself but I don't know if it's a smart lynch right off the back of the go-nowhere night. I guess I just feel better about lynching a possible scum without a report than lynching one despite a report.

Aside from Sandwolf I'm suspect of CL and TM, and to a lesser extent Raeg.

Tired Moritz posted:

the one townie and tracker are town, the self-proclaimed survivor is not.

AUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHh

And this sort of thing makes me suspect TM more. Like, isn't Survivor a third party? Aren't third parties not town? So what's the AUGH for?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yeah, that's the point. he's saying completely obvious comments.

It's like I make one giant posts going "idk about anyone's alignments and I can't scumread at all but I can definitely tell you that TMM is definitely town." Like no poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I think he's saying that Chaos is stating the obvious and expressing his frustration over the fact that Chaos is not being lynched

• Locked thread