Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CirclMastr posted:

The only players I don't have any reports on (who are still alive) are TM, Ernie, and Hal. Ernie's claimed survivor so that leaves TM and Hal. That of course assumes I haven't been shenanigan'd during the night, which I have to believe I have been. Although honestly I would also believe that I'm just the worst tracker ever.

But yeah if we're assuming my reports are legit and Ernie's claim is legit that leaves Hal and TM as the scum team.

When did you track me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

It's like almost certain the scum have a ninja. At this point I'm also floating the idea that it makes no sense to have a town watcher and a town tracker facing off against a scum ninja. Why wouldn't our tracker be the person the scum is given to find the serial killer? And at this point can everyone agree that there's likely not a serial killer?

Also wasn't raeg supposed to have a vig last night? Why didn't they use it? I assumed I'd wake up dead today.

Those are all the thoughts I have right now. I feel like a lot of these days circular talking takes over and people finger point without any attempt at figuring out what is actually happening.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

The problem I have is on the last day you said "I don't throw votes around early because I hate dicking around with bolding and voting" to justify not voting after calling me out. And yet here you are today voting immediately after the day starts.

Ernie has to be the vote today. I believe he is truly a survivor but tomorrow is very likely to be LYLO if we don't lunch scum and we can't trust he will vote with town.

I doc'd and MotM'd TMM last night.

Why did you doc me when Raeg had a cop available to him?

I mean I know I'm confirmed town (despite what Kasu might think), but I was also not likely to be the kill target over the doctor or the guy who was claiming to have a cop.

I find this decision very suspect.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, in terms of numbers: We are currently at 7 alive, 4 to lynch and presumably 4 town, 2 scum and 1 3P.

So if that is true, lynching 3P Ernie today would have the night start with 6 alive, 4 to lynch with 4 town and 2 scum. Now as long as there is only 1 kill at night, then we start tomorrow at 5 alive and 3 to lynch would would be mylo.

If we don't lynch a 3P Ernie and don't hit scum, then we start tomorrow (again presuming only 1 NK) with 5 alive, 3 to lynch with 2 town, 2 scum and the 3P. So yeah, Ernie basically has to be the lynch today unless someone has an ironclad case.

If there are 3 scum left right now, we absolutely have to lynch scum today or we are screwed. If scum have the ability to kill more than once at night, we are screwed.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And Ernie, if you really are a 3P survivor, I think you really needed to be more helpful to town over the course of the game. Since you haven't really been looking for scum and you barely even helped get any of the actual lynches done, there is just absolutely no reason for town to keep you here because you can just throw a vote down anywhere tomorrow and win the game.

Now if I felt you had really been searching for scum in this game, I might have been willing to maybe try to hit scum today instead of the safe lynch. But I just can't trust that you will actually vote with town at mylo/lylo because of how you've played the game so far.

However, I will say that town should talk more before actually completing the lynch today. We don't have to wait until the deadline, but we should probably keep talking until a few hours before the deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, looking at the final vote counts for each day, Ernie wasn't part of a single lynch:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Tired Moritz (6): Jamuraan, Jamuraan, Raeg, Jamuraan, Infinitum, The Ninth Layer, Dr. Hurt, CirclMastr
Infinitum (2): Sandwolf, GulagDolls, The Ninth Layer, Sandwolf, Kasumeat, The Ninth Layer
TMMadman (2): Ernie., Sandwolf
Sandwolf (1): The Ninth Layer, Ixtlilton, The Ninth Layer
The Ninth Layer (1): Added Space, Added Space, TMMadman
Jamuraan (1): Kasumeat, Kasumeat, Tired Moritz
Kasumeat (1): chaoslord
Ixtlilton (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
chaoslord (0): Tired Moritz, Kasumeat, Tired Moritz, Kasumeat
Raeg (0): Kasumeat, Kasumeat
Mr. F! (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Kasumeat, Kasumeat

Not Voting (2): Added Space, Mr. F!

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 08th, 2017 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

[8] Added Space: Infinitum, Sandwolf, The Ninth Layer, Added Space, Raeg, Dr. Hurt, Tired Moritz, Kasumeat
[1] The Ninth Layer: TMMadman

[5] Not Voting: chaoslord, CirclMastr, Ernie., GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 11th, 2017 at 3 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 3

[7] Dr. Hurt: The Ninth Layer, Hal Incandenza, Tired Moritz, Infinitum, CirclMastr, TMMadman, chaoslord
[2] Raeg: Ernie., Dr. Hurt
[2] TMMadman: Kasumeat, Sandwolf
[1] Infinitum: Raeg

[1] Not Voting: Added Space

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 15th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 4

[5] Sandwolf: TMMadman, Raeg, chaoslord, Tired Moritz, CirclMastr
[1] Kasumeat: Sandwolf
[1] Raeg: Ernie.

[2] Not Voting: Hal Incandenza, Kasumeat

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 19th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Why did you doc me when Raeg had a cop available to him?

I mean I know I'm confirmed town (despite what Kasu might think), but I was also not likely to be the kill target over the doctor or the guy who was claiming to have a cop.

I find this decision very suspect.

It was a gently caress up. I forgot about that part of raegs claim. If we lose the game, that decision will be the reason why, and that sucks.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

chaoslord posted:

When did you track me?

Ugh, my bad. Phone posting, sorry. It was N1 TMM, N2 Infi, N3 Sandwolf, N4 Kasumeat.

As for why Kasu I'm not sure, gut I guess. Seemed a good idea at the time? I'm honestly really frustrated with not getting useful info.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

Ugh, my bad. Phone posting, sorry. It was N1 TMM, N2 Infi, N3 Sandwolf, N4 Kasumeat.

As for why Kasu I'm not sure, gut I guess. Seemed a good idea at the time? I'm honestly really frustrated with not getting useful info.

For what it's worth, I think you tracked the right person. The only other real choice would have been to track Chaos in order to confirm he moved at night. And you shouldn't be frustrated because I think you are pretty much a decoy role.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It seems like we need to lynch Ernie? From what TMM says if it goes down to the end, Ernie has no reason not to vote with scum.

Although I'm not sure how incriminating it is that he isn't voting with the majority given we've only lynched scum once.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

It was a gently caress up. I forgot about that part of raegs claim. If we lose the game, that decision will be the reason why, and that sucks.

Hmm....I don't know if I really like this or not. I guess we didn't really talk about it just before the lynch, but it was a huge part of conversations over the previous couple of days.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

It seems like we need to lynch Ernie? From what TMM says if it goes down to the end, Ernie has no reason not to vote with scum.

Although I'm not sure how incriminating it is that he isn't voting with the majority given we've only lynched scum once.

Ernie is definitely the lynch today. We simply can't trust him to vote with town tomorrow. If he had lead a lynch on scum or even really given the appearance of trying to find scum over the past couple of game days, then maybe town could be persuaded to take the chance on him tomorrow. But as it stands, there is simply no reason to keep him alive because he can vote for whomever he wants tomorrow and still win the game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I made the choice to stay on raeg for a couple of days because I thought he was scum. Also I missed every deadline because I was at work. I wasn't invested in playing the game and part of it is that I'm accidentally exorbitantly busy and phone posting the whole time so I can't even write cases.

I don't particularly care if I'm the lunch today, not like I put effort in. But I don't have my vote today so I can't even help today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I seriously do think Kasu is scum. I just have a hard time thinking that one of the votes on me during D3 wasn't a scum vote. I do think one of the votes for Hurt was from scum, but I think they tried to get a train started early in the day on town.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

For what it's worth if I had the ability to make a case right now I'd look for someone who bussed hurt but was non committal on the sandwolf lunch. Hurt was clearly going down to pretty much the whole thread. And scum would want to maintain that track record of being 'right' in hindsight.

Also 3 scum + me + SK? Like can we talk about how theres a missing SK or vig?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Hmm....I don't know if I really like this or not. I guess we didn't really talk about it just before the lynch, but it was a huge part of conversations over the previous couple of days.

Yeah, I blew it. You shouldn't like it. To my credit, I remembered the doc part but I turned in my action quick when I got to the hotel from the conference that day and I didn't give it more than a few seconds of thought

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'm really starting to think that Tired is scum too. He's a part of every single lynch so far.

And if you look at that D1 vote, every person on him is town except Hurt who jumped on late. Now granted, I made a big stink about Tired on during D1, but I think I might have been wrong. I think part of it was that I kind of feltl bad for him because of the last two games I had played with him and I just wanted to play a longer game with him while I was town.

The day 1 vote is also why I'm wondering if Tired is some kind of scum PGO. Jams biggest scum read was Tired on D1 and Tired ended the day voting Jam. So I would think that Jam would cop Tired on N1 and he ended up dead. I suppose Tired might not even be a scum PGO, just a regular PGO.

I mean we've got this weird double kill on N1 and then it just hasn't happened again.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

For what it's worth if I had the ability to make a case right now I'd look for someone who bussed hurt but was non committal on the sandwolf lunch. Hurt was clearly going down to pretty much the whole thread. And scum would want to maintain that track record of being 'right' in hindsight.

Also 3 scum + me + SK? Like can we talk about how theres a missing SK or vig?

The only people who weren't part of the Sandwolf lynch were Hal and Kasu (outside of you) and only Hal was part of the Hurt lynch. Hal jumped on second after TNL asked him to vote Hurt.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm really starting to think that Tired is scum too. He's a part of every single lynch so far.

And if you look at that D1 vote, every person on him is town except Hurt who jumped on late. Now granted, I made a big stink about Tired on during D1, but I think I might have been wrong. I think part of it was that I kind of feltl bad for him because of the last two games I had played with him and I just wanted to play a longer game with him while I was town.

The day 1 vote is also why I'm wondering if Tired is some kind of scum PGO. Jams biggest scum read was Tired on D1 and Tired ended the day voting Jam. So I would think that Jam would cop Tired on N1 and he ended up dead. I suppose Tired might not even be a scum PGO, just a regular PGO.

I mean we've got this weird double kill on N1 and then it just hasn't happened again.

i definitely think tm is scum. i think i even said it yesterday (dont remember if i just thought it). their only play here is self-preservation. even saying that they'd vote for me because they think i'm scum with chaoslord is bullshit because he's not making a case at all. there's no consistent thought there. it's just a wild accusation that he'll never have to justify as being wrong.

TMMadman posted:

The only people who weren't part of the Sandwolf lynch were Hal and Kasu (outside of you) and only Hal was part of the Hurt lynch. Hal jumped on second after TNL asked him to vote Hurt.

who was kasu voting on instead of sandwolf? if it's chaoslord then kasu is scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kasu has been voting me on D3.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Kasu has been voting me on D3.

Mafia edit - Was voting me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I keep forgetting that extra N1 kill.

Scum PGO seems like a bit of a stretch but I get the idea

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I keep forgetting that extra N1 kill.

Scum PGO seems like a bit of a stretch but I get the idea

Well, it could be like an active use 1x/2x type PGO in order to limit the power. So instead of being on all the time, he'd have to say he wanted to use it. Or maybe it's limited to odd nights.

Or maybe it's just that scum got a vig and used it N1. Or it could be that he actually is an SK (and we're in something like a 2 scum/1 SK/1 Survivor setup) who just keeps hitting the docs target.

I'm just kind of spitballing because it's such an anomaly right now.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Would it even make a difference who I track tonight?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe not, but you should probably track one of Chaos/Hal/Tired just to have more information.

Also, I just realized that Circl is almost certainly town. He was seen visiting me by TNL on N1 when 2 kills happened. I suppose it's possible that he could still be scum, but I'm not sure how.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

chaoslord posted:

Why would you be so mad that folks MotM'd your #1 town choice?

TMM is my most town choice not because I actually think he posts good but because he's the only confirmed. I pick MOMT on who I think is an actual good town poster.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

i definitely think tm is scum. i think i even said it yesterday (dont remember if i just thought it). their only play here is self-preservation. even saying that they'd vote for me because they think i'm scum with chaoslord is bullshit because he's not making a case at all. there's no consistent thought there. it's just a wild accusation that he'll never have to justify as being wrong.

You want a case on you? Fine.

1) You had contributed nothing since you out'd
2) You're a 3P thus a walking liability
3) Your votes sucks, thanks for the votes on Raeg/no votes.
4) (meta) The last game you're town, you complained that no one ever listened to you, now you're barely playing and only popped up when you're in trouble. Hell, you didn't even make 10 posts in the last day.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
say about my case on CL being dumb or whatever but at least I put effort into it. It's ridiculous that you're complaining about me being self-preservative when lynching Ernie is clearly the best choice today. Like come on.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
As many including myself have pointed out, Ernie is the lynch today. However, in case I'm NKed, and we end up at probable LYLO tomorrow, I need to make this case now, because TMM is the SK:

TMMadman posted:

I've been completely confirmed. Inf, despite being dumb, almost certainly wasn't lying when he said that his dayvig would kill scum or kill him if he hit town.

Since Inf is dead, then I must be town (which is true).

TMMadman posted:

Who the gently caress wouldn't vote me? I am confirmed town.

TMMadman posted:

It doesn't matter, I'm the only person in the game who is publicly cleared as town. Anyone who didn't vote for me is suspicious.

TMMadman posted:

I (town) have known alignments.

TMMadman posted:

I mean I know I'm confirmed town (despite what Kasu might think)

Look at this poo poo. No loving townie every needs to point out that many times that he's been confirmed. But he does it SIX loving TIMES WHEN HES STILL NOT loving 100% CONFIRMED. He is completely obsessed with making it clear that he's confirmed town. No loving interest in scumhunting, just making sure that every person who pushes him gets killed.

TMMadman posted:

Look at this poo poo. The second TM starts show some doubt TMM being town, TMM goes on the attack. And what's his attack?

quote:

And if you look at that D1 vote, every person on him is town except Hurt who jumped on late.

EVERY loving PERSON WHO HAS PUSHED YOU HAS FLIPPED TOWN. LITERALLY 100%. YET YOU loving USE THIS SAME "IT WAS ONLY TOWNIES VOTING HIM!!!!" ARGUMENT TO TRY TO LYNCH TM.

TMMadman posted:

SKs can not tradionally withhold a kill.

quote:

The day 1 vote is also why I'm wondering if Tired is some kind of scum PGO.

TMMadman posted:

So Tired are you scum with Sandwolf? Are you a frustrated SK whose kills keep getting blocked? Or maybe that missing vig and you didn't want to admit it because you killed Jam?

TMMadman posted:

Well, it could be like an active use 1x/2x type PGO in order to limit the power. So instead of being on all the time, he'd have to say he wanted to use it. Or maybe it's limited to odd nights.

Or maybe it's just that scum got a vig and used it N1. Or it could be that he actually is an SK (and we're in something like a 2 scum/1 SK/1 Survivor setup) who just keeps hitting the docs target.

Here he is coming up with every conceivable far-fetched scenario for there being an extra NK but no SK in this game, but ignoring the two most obvious ones: Either the SK can withhold, or it's just luck. Could be either, but I think the latter is most likely. With every night having at least one claimed PR alive, there are only so many targets that scum or the SK are likely to want to kill. And with us having a claimed Doc in this game, if he's legit, he's going to be on one of them every night. Which means that for there to be multiple nightkills, both the scum and SK have to pick different targets, and the Doc has to pick neither. Hell, it's in the interest of the SK to intentionally avoid making it clear that he exists. The past two nights have both had a very obvious target die, so if he was intentionally trying to hit the same target that he thought scum would, it would have been easy to do so. Or, very simply, he could intentionally be withholding kills. I will say one thing TMM, I was SRing Chaos, but you've managed to convince me that you're a better lynch that him, which is pretty impressive.

On top of that, if you can bring yourself to wade through his 5 page PH of pure garbage, just look at his overall play. He has literally does NOTHING except push people who've pushed him. Not a single case elsewhere. No scumhunting, just OMGUS the players who have pushed him until they die, and move on to the next person. He was TRing TM, then as soon as TM expressed some doubt about him, suddenly TM is scum.

And, despite the fact that every single person who has pushed TMM has flipped town, TMM doesn't for one second slow down to reconsider his perspective on this game. We've all had bad townie games, where you're so loving certain of a player and then your heart just loving sinks when you see them flip town. But do you guys see any of that from TMM? That "oh poo poo, I'm bad, I need to step back and get a fresh perspective on this game," despite it happening again, and again, and again, and again? No, you don't, because he doesn't give a poo poo about how anybody flips because he's not town.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Just look at his 8 billion posts on Sandwolf. Just complete obsession with getting him lynched despite no case. Just a SK who's spooked because he got called out. And he's repeating the exact same pattern with me, and warming up TM for after me.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Seriously loving look at this poo poo. If 1x/2x PGO ever exists as a thing, who the gently caress uses it day 1? And what the gently caress scum would use a 1-shot kill on Mr F after his D1? The Jam kill I can buy, he was one of the more obvtown posters on D1. But the kill on Mr F just makes no loving sense for scum to do, it makes way more sense to come from an SK.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

And there is very, very little chance that an SK is not a Ninja in this game with a confirmed Watcher and likely Tracker.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Ernie. posted:

who was kasu voting on instead of sandwolf? if it's chaoslord then kasu is scum.

There doesn't need to be a case on you, you're a policy lynch at this point.

Also, I have no loving clue what the connection you're trying to make with that SR on me but it's pretty pointless because I'd already declared intention to hammer.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Circle & Hal, what are your reads right now?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Kasumeat is almost certainly scum. Nobody tries that hard to discredit someone who was confirmed pubicaly. He says I'm coming up with any theory to try and make other people look like scum, but then he tries to sell a theory that a dayvig that kills the user if they hit town could possibly be the SK.

I don't think anyone besides Kasumeat seriously thinks that's possible, but I'm just going to go ahead and claim. I was planning to do it this morning anyway because I think it will help town.

As I said before, I'm John Brooks, central defender, but what I didn't say is that I'm a back up doctor. This is why I immediately believed CLs claim. I'm claiming it now because the boon for being MOTM is that I am deathproof tonight. So that means town will have a confirmed townie at LYLO and they will also have a doctor even if scum kill chaos tonight.

I have thought that maybe CL is scum and that town is supposed to argue about killing the doctor, but I just don't see that happening here. Doctor is just such a bulletproof claim that it generally doesn't get lynched without a counterclaim.

And I think being a backup doctor also gives some credibility to the theory that scum may have some kind of PGO role. If the doctor has a higher chance of being killed at night, then it makes some sense to put in a backup.

So I think CL and Circl are town and that only leaves Hal, Kasumeat and Tired as possible scum candidates.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And before anyone says it: yes I know I said I was vanilla shortly after Inf tackled me, but that was just to make myself a smaller target.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

What does back up doc mean? You are just a second doctor, or you have a one-shot doc?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

What does back up doc mean? You are just a second doctor, or you have a one-shot doc?

It means if the doctor dies, I turn into the doctor.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
WOW you could at least told me that earlier so I didn't write so goddamn much yesterday.

ugh I really hate to do this but I must concede. CL is still an horrible player though.

If this game ends and it turns out CL+TMM are scum somehow, I don't even care anymore. ##vote Ernie

Just doc CirclMastr. I would suggest that they track Hal/Kasu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. I think I just figured it out and I am right about Tired.

Ok, N1 we had 2 kills and on N3 TNL was killed even though CL claimed to doc him. Now at the time we thought that maybe scum and an SK both hit TNL. Now that could still be true, but what if TNL went to go watch a PGO Tired. I think that would end causing CLs doc to be successful, but TNL would still die because I believe that docs cover directed kills (ie scum or SK targets) but not an undirected kill like a PGO.

• Locked thread