Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

5 scum seems completely unreasonable in this size game

Agreed, but I could see it as possible since three of the scum flipped as goon.

But again, there would have been no reason to lynch Kasu yesterday if there had been 3 scum alive. Even with the possibility of a bus killing scum, I think it'd be better to not lynching your scum buddy there and then hoping to pick the right town to kill in order to truly win the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Jesus christ, it's obviously Hal. Why is he even pushing onto CirclMastr for?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
This is going a series of disorganized posts because I'm doing chores and I'm too lazy to put in my thoughts together

1) From everyone's perspective, the only ??? are Hal and me. So why the gently caress is Hal questioning Circl?

Here's the obvious answer: I'm obviously going to get lynched now. This leaves CL. Hal, TMM, and CirclMastr. Then Hal is going to push on Circl (note that TMM is also suspicious of CIrcl now, he's a sheep TMM) and then bam, Circl gets hammered and Hal win. Come on, there's absolutely no reason to be putting a little doubt onto Circl UNLESS HE KNEW THAT IT WOULD BE NECESSARY. AS IF MY DEATH WONT END THE GAME.

2) Did everyone forget that TNL cleared CirclMastr or what?

3) This ties in my theory that there's no ninja and Hal is scum. Due to TMM's insistent belief that there's a ninja and a PGO then you know Circl is going to keep tracking Hal. This means that Hal can't move and thus he can't kill.

1] if there's a ninja and that's me: why isn't CL dead? He loving hates me. It's not beneficial for me if he's alive and I'm scum. I know Circl is tracking Hal which btw doesn't even matter if I'm a scum ninja so why the gently caress is CL still alive? the obvious answer is that Hal is scum, he can't risk moving to kill because CirclMastr is tracking him.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
can you guys do me one little favor and actually reread Hal's posts? There's absolutely no effort here, just votefinder checking and a simple statement of "er, youre scummy, kay?"

Like had I been actively done anything to actively not help town? Maybe there was that CL doc incident but let's be honest, he was barely playing (and he was saying it himself with his constant bringing up of how much work he has) and then he came in with a doc claim before he was going to be lynched. that's super suspicious and I fell for it and I admitted and I'm sorry blah blah blah

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
btw I still think that Kasu jail did nothing and that the scum NK. Like how would it matter? Don't you send your jail command at day time and then at night time, it's like "BTW YOURE JAILED". This doesn't prevent their scum partner from doing the kill at all, and there was no reason not to do so other than because they were afraid of being tracked.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
No, you send your jail at night and all night actions get processed at the same time. So that means if scum decided to have Kasu do the kill because he had just been tracked by Circl, then scum lose the kill because it gets blocked. Scum don't get to know that they are jailed until the day opens, so they can't go 'oh well, since Kasu got have someone else do the kill'.

And calling me a sheep doesn't really do anything to stop me from wanting to vote you. First, I don't believe I am a sheep and second, just because I've expressed reservations about Circl, it doesn't mean I truly think he's scum and I certainly wouldn't vote him over you or Hal either today or tomorrow.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
also the vote finder post really feel low effort. Come on, TMM. you get snippy at me for being bad and then you pull that crap.

okay, let's say that I'm trying to insituate that TMM is scum. I'm not really, but let's just pretend.

1) D1: TMMan voted TNL, who flipped town. Suspicious!
2) D2: TMMan again voted TNL, who was town? Suspicious!
3) D3: The second last vote on Dr. Hurt? Scum finally accepting that Dr. Hurt is absolutely dead and voting him to appear townish?
4) D4: First vote on Sandwolf, who was town? Scum alert!
5) D5: Last vote on Ernie, hammering on his scum pal?
6) D6: The third vote on Kasu despite being the one who kept pushing him instead of the first vote? Suspicious!

See? You can literally play make up reasons why someone is scum with votefinder. This poo poo is why I keep saying that TMM isn't actually playing mafia, but is just snippy at everyone that he dislikes. This case is terrible.

But like seriously, I already said that I would flip between Hal and Kasu if necessary because in my eyes, they're the only scum candidates and who cares who dies first. Literally everyone + kasu wanted Kasu to die. I didn't feel the need to vote for Kasu too since I didn't want anyone to hammer before someone had a say for something. I threw a vote on Hal and waited for more content. Note that I was the one who was bumping this thread along with TMM.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In fact, that is why I kept the jail a secret and said I was deathproof instead is because I was hoping to catch scum by surprise. Although technically, I could have jailed myself and thus been deathproof for the night. \

Also, given the reaction by Kasu yesterday, I am almost positive I caught him in the act and he was salty about the power town had available to them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why doesn't Hal have a hyperlink in the op?

fisk why

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

also the vote finder post really feel low effort. Come on, TMM. you get snippy at me for being bad and then you pull that crap.

okay, let's say that I'm trying to insituate that TMM is scum. I'm not really, but let's just pretend.

1) D1: TMMan voted TNL, who flipped town. Suspicious!
2) D2: TMMan again voted TNL, who was town? Suspicious!
3) D3: The second last vote on Dr. Hurt? Scum finally accepting that Dr. Hurt is absolutely dead and voting him to appear townish?
4) D4: First vote on Sandwolf, who was town? Scum alert!
5) D5: Last vote on Ernie, hammering on his scum pal?
6) D6: The third vote on Kasu despite being the one who kept pushing him instead of the first vote? Suspicious!

See? You can literally play make up reasons why someone is scum with votefinder. This poo poo is why I keep saying that TMM isn't actually playing mafia, but is just snippy at everyone that he dislikes. This case is terrible.

But like seriously, I already said that I would flip between Hal and Kasu if necessary because in my eyes, they're the only scum candidates and who cares who dies first. Literally everyone + kasu wanted Kasu to die. I didn't feel the need to vote for Kasu too since I didn't want anyone to hammer before someone had a say for something. I threw a vote on Hal and waited for more content. Note that I was the one who was bumping this thread along with TMM.

Except your scenario doesn't take into consideration the reality of the situation. I won't go into too much because you aren't really making a case against me here, but there's a reason I like to be able to see unvotes.

And besides, I wasn't making a case by posting those vote counts, I was doing it more so that other people could look at them without having to search.

Also, I feel like your defense here is just over the top and it feels like scum trying too hard to survive just one more day hoping for a miracle. You've already said that it basically has to be one of you or Hal, so why are you so concerned about being lynched if you are town? You would win the game anyway after town lynched Hal the next day.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

why doesn't Hal have a hyperlink in the op?

fisk why

Because he was a replacement. Just find his last post and click the ?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Because he was a replacement. Just find his last post and click the ?

Actually here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822372&userid=49279

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

Except your scenario doesn't take into consideration the reality of the situation. I won't go into too much because you aren't really making a case against me here, but there's a reason I like to be able to see unvotes.

And besides, I wasn't making a case by posting those vote counts, I was doing it more so that other people could look at them without having to search.

Also, I feel like your defense here is just over the top and it feels like scum trying too hard to survive just one more day hoping for a miracle. You've already said that it basically has to be one of you or Hal, so why are you so concerned about being lynched if you are town? You would win the game anyway after town lynched Hal the next day.

that was a case of principle, aka that post was so terrible, it offended the mafia player inside of me.

I want Hal to be lynched because I don't trust you guys not to go stupid and vote CirclMastr.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
seriously, Hal's posts are basically driveby posting. He walks in, reads the thread, and then dropped "btw i think it's kasu/circl/tm bye"

No cases of his own, just constant sheeping and blahness. uggh, this game is so frustrating. I'm trying my best to help town and I keep getting kicked by TMM and CL because I disagree with them earlier.

Okay, you guys. If I had voted Kasu yesterday, would you still think I'm scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Except the problem is that is Hal's general posting style anyway. So it's kind of a null tell, at least for me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

seriously, Hal's posts are basically driveby posting. He walks in, reads the thread, and then dropped "btw i think it's kasu/circl/tm bye"

No cases of his own, just constant sheeping and blahness. uggh, this game is so frustrating. I'm trying my best to help town and I keep getting kicked by TMM and CL because I disagree with them earlier.

Okay, you guys. If I had voted Kasu yesterday, would you still think I'm scum?

And yes, I would still think you are scum even if you had voted Kasu. For me, I started to shift my view on you around D4.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
bitch you think that since that we bitched at each other over CL. There's no point in convincing you. You've been tunnelling my rear end. I could make a post that agree with you 100% and then you'll be like "hurdur you're buddying me"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

Except the problem is that is Hal's general posting style anyway. So it's kind of a null tell, at least for me.

wow a lovely meta reasoning to have no reason to consider Hal as scum zzzzzz

I just want to say that it's very irritating to play a game where no matter what you say or do, people will say you're scum because they don't like you. This means no one wants to case because if they're wrong, they get automatically put into the shitbox. That's why scum can lurk to victory and why mafia games haven't been fun unless they're like role madness poo poo. very tempted to ask fisk to modkill me so you guys can just push hal and finish already but idk if that's ethical.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

bitch you think that since that we bitched at each other over CL. There's no point in convincing you. You've been tunnelling my rear end. I could make a post that agree with you 100% and then you'll be like "hurdur you're buddying me"

Tired Moritz posted:

wow a lovely meta reasoning to have no reason to consider Hal as scum zzzzzz

I just want to say that it's very irritating to play a game where no matter what you say or do, people will say you're scum because they don't like you. This means no one wants to case because if they're wrong, they get automatically put into the shitbox. That's why scum can lurk to victory and why mafia games haven't been fun unless they're like role madness poo poo. very tempted to ask fisk to modkill me so you guys can just push hal and finish already but idk if that's ethical.

You are blowing this way out of proportion and turning to emotional pleas. That is not a good look.

I think you are scum because of your actions in this game. You tried to discredit a good doctor claim and even without being a backup doctor, I would have found that scummy as hell. It's in the same vein of the argument that Kasu tried to make against me: that I was somehow a non-town 3P even though a public brutal cop action was made on me.

And again, everyone left all seems to think it's one of you or Hal, so even if you get lynched today AND scum kill one of me or chaos, then it's a 3 man lylo that forces me or chaos to choose Hal or Circl and both of us has said it has to be one of you or Hal. But then you're sitting there saying that either of us is going to be so stupid as to vote Circl instead.

Just because I've expressed concerns about Circl, it doesn't really mean I think he's scum. It's just due diligence at this stage of the game.

You making a bunch of posts calling us stupid or trying to hit us with emotional pleas to keep you alive doesn't actually help you, at least in my opinion. It just makes you look desperate for no good reason. Honestly, the way you are posting is making me feel like what I was thinking/feeling at the end of Katamari when I was trying to pull a fast one on town.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lol how is that doctor claim good at all

hi i visited someone that died xDD

like I said, I don't care. This game isn't fun for me anymore. Playing with TMM is like arguing with a wall. My "emotional plea" is less begging to be alive and more of "accepting that I'm gonna die and who cares playing with TMM makes me want to shoot myself." Like seriously, you read that paragraph and thinks you I'm trying to save myself when it's about how much I hate playing with you? My god.

fucck end this game already seriously

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
your due diligence excuse is bullshit. I put some doubt onto CL's claim and you claim I'm bad? When you question Circl who btw has been cleared by TNL, you ignored it? Is being an hypocrite part of your role?

And yes, I call you dumb. You're the one who said that no lynching Ernie might had been a good idea. You lead the charge and kept questioning tnl/raeg/sandwolf who btw are town. The idea of you going YUP CIRCLMASTR MUST BE SCUM and lynching them is high, there's no reason for me to not expect you to do something as dumb as that, especially with Hal and CL kissing your rear end so much.

You just keep making excuses again and again for Hal. "I can't be scum because etc etc" I bet if Hal goes and disagree with you, you're going to flip and bitch him out like always.

Tip to CirclMastr, don't disagree with TMM. Even if you think i'm town, don't say a word, TMM's going to poo poo on you if you say one thing that he doesn't like.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

This game isn't fun for me anymore.

Welcome to days ago for me. You managed to make a stupid party game on the internet unfun with your constant insulting of people and persecution complex, congratulations

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Like you complain about TMM tunnelling or whatever but you spent most of the game tunnelled on me. You're not above criticism.

Like now when you have to, you find Hal scummy, but step back. Earlier one of the big points you had against me was that I posted that LumpenList that you say was a bad post. Hal posted this later

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm town is definitely loaded with power roles even if no one else claims. Whoever has been saying there has to be a ninja and a godfather or maybe whatever you call that role that can't be blocked is probably right. Which also doesn't help Sandwolf.

I think Moritz is probably town because they are putting off frustrated town like a mofo, even if I don't really agree with most of the points.

Sorry I owe this game more attention, work sucks, this is where I am at right now

TMM - sure seems town
Ernie - not town (doomed)
Kasumeat - I have very little read, need to rectify
Circl - see above, but claimed tracker(?)
Chaos - iffy posting, doc claim seems legit
Raeg - felt town all game to me
Sand - valid reasons for light posting, but what's there is empty and feels like deflecting today
Moritz - feels town for reasons already stated

And you didn't say a word about it. There is no way my post was so much worse than this to the tune of needing you to call it out multiple times and just gliding past this one, but you did. Hal called you town so you looked the other way. You did the same stuff you're complaining about TMM doing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jeez TM, is this the first game of mafia for you?

I genuinely believe you are scum (with a big part of that also being process of elimination) but if you are town you should realize what seems "obvious" to you isn't going to be to everyone else.

Regarding my "drive-by" posting I don't totally agree with that but it's true I don't always post very verbosely and I almost never make long "cases" against people. Part of that is a function of my lifestyle... I work a lot of hours and they tend to be random (sometimes I have plenty of free time to post and that is reflected, but often I can only pop in and out) and my job involves either driving long ways or flying followed by lots of walking around and fixing poo poo with my hands and almost no time sitting in front of a computer. On top of that, I get my strongest reads by following the tone of peoples posts throughout the game and what it feels like their motivation is. I spend much less time over-analyzing the nuances of grammar and hunting for supposed contradictions in peoples posting. As tone and feel are much harder to convey in quotes I generally eschew that style of casing for a more stream-of-consciousness assessment of how I feel about people and pointing out cases I think aer strong or weak.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My record shows that I was a supported of every scum vote (even if I didn't actually get to vote on Ernie), and that isn't just when they seemed inevitable. I've also had other (incorrect) reads so I don't feel like I just coasted.

Contrast this with Moritz who voted scum MotM several times with what seems like spurious reasoning, only voted dr hurt after trying hard to get TNL or CL killed instead and once hurt looked inevitable. Put a token vote on Ernie the next day but got off to go back to Sandwolf with little excuse (and then was like "nope not moving my vote" for no real reason) and then as we know defended Kasu pretty hard the next day. Combine that with his snarky and not super helpful posting style and the only reason to not think he's scum is because it seems too obvious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Jesus christ, it's obviously Hal. Why is he even pushing onto CirclMastr for?

I am not pushing CM, I am saying that if either you are somehow town or that TMM is somehow right that there are 5 scum then Circl is the next one I would look at. I don't even see what is remotely suspicious about that. You are making it sound like I'm trying to push Circl today or that I am advocating for a chain-lynch, neither of which is the case.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

I tracked Hal again last night, and he went nowhere again.

So Moritz, did I withhold the kill or do you now think there is indeed a ninja and I am him?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm saying that there isn't a ninja and that TMM is wrong. you're witholding the kill etc blah blah zzzz

chaoslord posted:

Welcome to days ago for me. You managed to make a stupid party game on the internet unfun with your constant insulting of people and persecution complex, congratulations

I stopped tunneling CL once TMM claimed that he was back up doc. Yes, maybe I am tunneling for you pre-backup doc claim but you admitted that you were busy and was barely making any posts. That's like No. 1 scum excuse.

idk how I made this game for you unfun and I do apologize if I did made you feel bad but other than that doc push and my argument with you abut the circlmastr comment, I haven't even interacted with you that much anymore.

I mean, after Raeg died, this game became just became me increasingly getting annoyed at TMM as he ignored everything I type to push his pet theories.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I really do apologize if I made anyone upset. I'm just kinda an rear end in a top hat in this game. Maybe it's because this game is awfully long so it's slowly grinding me up. But anyway, I'm just go ahead and let you guys lynch me with one more comment.

I'm the one who killed Jam. lol. I'm not scum though.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm saying that there isn't a ninja and that TMM is wrong. you're witholding the kill etc blah blah zzzz

I mean, after Raeg died, this game became just became me increasingly getting annoyed at TMM as he ignored everything I type to push his pet theories.

Except that this is essentially the whole point of the game. As the game progresses, every player forms their own opinion about the state and setup of the game. Then they try to get the others to believe that their version is the correct one.

That's why tone and how you act is important because sometimes you need to sell others on something that is unpopular or a wild theory or, as scum, something blatantly false. And while hysteria, persecution, anger and frustration (either real or faked for all of them) can be used to good effect as both alignments, it can also be a detriment when used too much or at inopportune times.

My problem right now is that you aren't coming across as town that knows the game is in the final stage. Town wouldn't care about being hung right now because pretty much everyone has agreed that the final scum has to be one of you or Hal. So even if town is hung today, they knew they will win tomorrow.

Instead, you're coming off as scum that knows they are doomed and is hoping for just one more day. Or trying to pull a fast one that I can't figure out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

Tell us more.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I want to hear more about this as well.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Also I guess I need more posts so here's what I'm thinking:

It's (almost certainly) either Hal or TM. I can only boil things down to 3 basic scenarios:

1. It's Hal and he's not killing because he knows/suspects I'm tracking him.
2. It's TM and EITHER he's not killing because he suspects I'm tracking him OR he's trying to kill and doc is stopping it.
3. It's TMM and I am bamboozled.

That's also the order of likelihood in my mind.

But the upshot is, if we lynch Hal today and it's not Hal, the two town who are left can lynch TM (or TMM if TM is killed at night). And if CL is scum then I'm double-bamboozled and oh well.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

Tell us more.

oh but don't you want to know the surprise of me flipping? how lame. I guess I can answer even though it'll be funnier when I flip.

I'm a 3rd party survivor. 1 shot vig, bulletproof and 1 shot whatever that ability is where no one can track/watch you or whatever. Used the vig to kill Jam (sorry).

uh that's it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

oh but don't you want to know the surprise of me flipping? how lame. I guess I can answer even though it'll be funnier when I flip.

I'm a 3rd party survivor. 1 shot vig, bulletproof and 1 shot whatever that ability is where no one can track/watch you or whatever. Used the vig to kill Jam (sorry).

uh that's it.

So you are also a ninja...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

Also I guess I need more posts so here's what I'm thinking:

It's (almost certainly) either Hal or TM. I can only boil things down to 3 basic scenarios:

1. It's Hal and he's not killing because he knows/suspects I'm tracking him.

Obviously this is just my word and it is meaningless but there is no way I would withhold the kill as one scum left vs. 4 town (especially when there are only two really viable choices as scum). The only hope in that situation is to try and get the game over as fast as possible. The risk of getting caught in a track or whatever would be outweighed by not wanting the game to go an extra day. If it was 1 scum vs 3 town maybe but not 1vs4.

Plus I hate withholding kills I think it is lame unless it is the only way to go.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

So, is this any different than Ernie's claim where we need to lynch you because we can't guarantee you'll vote with town? I mean isn't this just asking to be lynched?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

If it was 1 scum vs 3 town maybe but not 1vs4.

Well hey, apparently it is!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

uh that's it.

OK, so are you saying you have 2 killing actions here?

Why would you have a 1x ninja to go along with the other powers?

I can see a Survivor with a 1x BP and even an added 1x vig, but I'm not sure why you'd get a ninja on top of it. To me, that makes it sound more like an SK. Although, the win condition is what makes someone a Survivor. After all, in the game I made, I had a 3P survivor who could start making NKs after N2 and he had a 1x lynchproof and 1x ninja.

However, those choices were for flavor reasons given the theme of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
no, it's 1 vig/1 bp/ and 1 hide which makes me untargetable.

the reason I'm so adamant for killing Hal is that he's the only scum possible and I win with town if Hal dies. So yeah. I expect none of you to believe me but I'm like "there's a 90% chance of me getting lynched so whatever" so might as well die with a tease.

• Locked thread