Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

OK sign me up! Was just thinking about playing another game.

edit holy poo poo it's Jamuraan!! Sup dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Same but doctor claim and Sandwolf.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Balls.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I like the deadline where it is, I'm Pacific Time and would prefer not to have a deadline in the middle of my work day!

Also uhh, I'm the doctor and I got a scum result on Sandwolf somehow; ##vote Sandwolf

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh right I'm supposed to be playing in this one.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

chaoslord's content games scream "trying too hard" to me. I understand wanting to get things rolling but something about the repeated cracks at content game + giving responses to his own questions sets my gut off.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

CirclMaster is baby, no one cares that you don't know what's going on, go reread one page and pull some inferences from it, but don't force them, cuz you'll get strung up for that.

I'd vote Pinterest Mom rn, he's been posting a lot over the past couple pages but hasn't seemed to make many real statements or opinions, I feel like their content is hollow. ##vote PMom
This vote strikes me as very arbitrary. Is Pinterest Mom really a standout example of hollow content in a game still largely defined by the joke phase? I get the impression Sandwolf picked this reason for voting out of a hat, just to make sure he had a serious vote out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Jamuraan posted:

No, but you can use it if you want, I guess.

also real vote ##vote Tired Moritz

Newbie or whatever, all posts are garbage responses, pointless questions, or low-effort coasting.

Looks like standard joke phase posts to me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

It's Day 1, you could have voted me here, but instead you chose to kind of just drive by. Is it scummy or not? Would you vote for me based on that or not?

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo if they have a "serious vote" out on beginning of Day 1. I voted for PMom because it seemed they were posting a lot around people starting to create real content and weren't saying anything of value or even conviction themselves.

I'm already voting for you, why would I vote for you again? That post is why I'm still voting you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##unvote

Nothing's really grabbing me yet to be honest.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Infinitum I like this option more than most of the other votes I've seen.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Good luck getting eight other people to vote me in twenty five minutes.

##vote Tired Moritz

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Replacing out is scummy in general and infi had zero posts at the time of my vote.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMM pushing me as if deadline isn't in ten minutes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

I'm not voting Tired Moritz even if it causes a no lunch.

Are you masons or what.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Well great we can all waste day 1 together instead then.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wait you can vote for yourself?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote TMMadman

What were you doing yesterday voting me with half an hour until the deadline?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

I was voting for the person I thought was most likely to be scum.

I made my thinking clear about Tired and I that I wasn't likely to vote him.

So question for you TNL, why are you upset about me when Ernie also flat out stated that he wouldn't vote Tired even if it meant a no lynch?

I am upset with him. But at least his play reflects that he was aware a deadline was happening.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Not really encouraging when I ask you essentially why you ignored the deadline to instead pursue someone with 0 votes and your response is but other people did it too.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

So again, "other people did it too."

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

All three of you are scummy for voting non-entities right before deadline. But instead of defending why you ignored the deadline you're trying to shift the focus to other people. Right now I'm talking to you, so defend your own play. Why was it better for town to no lynch than to vote Tired Moritz?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

How was I ignoring the deadline?

What exactly do you think I should have done? I voted for the person I thought was most likely to be scum. That is the game.

I did not think Tired was scum and I was not willing to vote him.

Again, you're holding me to this one particular standard, but nobody else. I've pointed out basically a direct example of someone else doing the exact same thing (and in fact, it was the person you had been voting for almost the entire day before unvoting him with essentially a shrug.

I think you should have participated in building a town consensus.

I really really really shouldn't have to explain to you why no lynching is bad for the town. I'll ask you the same question I asked Ernie: are you masons with Tired Moritz? Do you know something about his alignment that the rest of the town didn't?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Even you know that I have a point here, that's why you're so busy bringing up other players who did the same thing.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Because I didn't believe he was scum and the arguments against him yesterday were weak. It essentially turned into an apathy lynch and you are the problem vote.

I honestly don't feel I have anything to defend again. I have no issue with not voting for someone I don't think is scum and feel they are getting railroaded.

Why not make some effort towards seeing a vote you actually wanted to happen? Why vote someone with 0 votes as if you had thirty hours til the deadline instead of thirty minutes?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

This is another bullshit argument. There was clearly no real enthusiasm to lynch anyone other than Tired as evidenced by the fact that nobody except Tired ended up wtih more than 3 votes on them at one time.

And it's not like you were making any cases against anyone. You made an argument against Sandwolf, then ditched it rather unceremoniously, moved to Inf with a comment about not liking the other options and then voted for Tired at the same time as Kasu voting Inf. Then you made a post 4 minutes later saying that replacing out was scummy but you didn't move your vote back to Inf even though it would have made created a 3-3 tie between Inf/Tired. Instead, you left your vote on Tired. You made a few posts after that, but it wasn't like you were actively trying to get people to vote for Tired.

I kept my vote on the vote leader instead of splitting votes for no reason, yes. It's as if I was trying to make sure the town got to use one of our ~5 attempts to test someone's alignment, instead of giving the scum a free night. You got me!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

And you could have kept your vote on Inf and tried to argue for him to get lynched first. You might have actually swayed me to lynch Inf even though I had a slight town lean on PMom.

My vote on you was mostly just a protest vote, but since it didn't seem like anyone wanted to try to lynch anyone other than Tired I didn't feel any compelling reason to move it.

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, I forgot you had been voting PMom. So your vote for Inf was fine, but I still think you're suspicious as hell.

I actually think it's time to vote ##vote TNL. There's just something off about the way he voted you and defended it and then backed off it with an 'I've got nothing' post.

Doesn't look like a protest vote to me. Looks like you thought half an hour before deadline was a great time to start this new case of yours.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Also lol at you blaming me for not keeping my vote on the guy you would have voted for. You could have voted for Infinitum too or shown even the slightest interest in making sure a vote happened.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm condemning you for completely ignoring an approaching deadline.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

To the point where I can't even find evidence you were aware there was a deadline.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

gently caress dude I was even pointing this out yesterday. Twice!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Good luck getting eight other people to vote me in twenty five minutes.

##vote Tired Moritz

The Ninth Layer posted:

TMM pushing me as if deadline isn't in ten minutes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Do you think that Inf could have gotten enough votes to be lynched?

Because otherwise, this is entirely a moot point. I wasn't going to vote Tired because I did not think he was scum and I feel he was getting railroaded.

You can make your argument to never no lynch all you want, but I have always had mixed feelings about it. I am not going to lynch someone I believe is town at the time just to lynch someone.

I think the natural thing to do if you dislike the #1 choice is to vote for the #2 choice, instead of sitting on your hands like scum like to do at the deadline.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

When I'm town and I see the deadline coming up in thirty minutes, I tend to look at the votecount for people who already have votes on them, instead of looking for people that have 0 votes on them.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Haha. You are saying that I shouldn't vote for the person I think is most likely to be scum.

That is scum behavior. You probably should have just killed me last night. But instead, I think you wanted to use this argument to waste a day.

Again you seem very determined to ignore the existence of the deadline, or why townies should play with it in mind.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

When I'm town, I vote for the person I think is most likely to be scum regardless of the deadline.

Now I will move near the end of the day if there is someone who has a chance of being lynched and who I don't think is being railroaded. But that wasn't Tired yesterday, so again you're argument completely falls apart.

You seem way more concerned about the fact that I voted YOU even though you are couching it terms of not engaging the deadline.

Townies probably shouldn't be indifferent to whether their one consistent way of killing scum (voting them off) happens or not.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Why aren't you acknowledging the fact that I wasn't going to vote for Tired? You keep claiming I wasn't aware of the deadline (which isn't true at all) while ignoring the reality that I wasn't going to vote for Tired.

If Tired had flipped scum at the start of the day, then you would have a case to make that I was defending a scum buddy (it would still be incorrect, but valid). Instead, you are saying that I should have voted for someone that I felt was very likely to be town and being railroaded.

You are saying that I have to play the game you want me to play and I just don't play that way.

I'm saying that no lynching is loving horrible and your defense for why you let one happen sucks balls. You were protest voting instead of doing anything to build consensus. You may not like that I didn't have much of an opinion yesterday but at least when it came time to vote I was there and tried to make something happen. You sat your deadline vote on the sidelines like scum do all the time to avoid any responsibility for EOD events.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Like really there are only three good reasons for no lynching on day 1:

You are confirmed masons with the guy up for vote.
You have good reason to believe you are voting out the town cop or other strong power role.
You are scum who wants an extra night of kills.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

How does the town gain half a day from no lynching? Please explain, right now it looks like we're a whole day closer to losing.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

How do you not see that town normally gets half a day by not killing someone?

While you can't get scum by no lynching, you also can't kill town and that means scum have to work an extra day to get a majority. Again, I understand you don't get information from the lynch, but the game is also a numbers game and town needs to have the numbers.

Now sure, the game changes a little bit since there were two kills at night, but no lynching on D1 still benefits us because instead of possibly being down 3 town right now, we are only down 2.

While you can't get scum by no lynching, scum do kill a town player at night. That's not "gaining a half day" because days are worthless if you're not voting anyone on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Depends on the day. I disagree about never no lynching on D1 and that's the fundamental difference here. And you still aren't considering that it's also a numbers game. Obviously you can't no lynch every day, but it is NOT some kind of horrible travesty to occasionally no lynch in the early game. Just as it is occasionally appropriate to no lynch at certain points of the end game in order to force some action.

The way you are talking about yesterday's vote it sounds like you have 100% cleared Tired Moritz as town and have entirely discounted any possibility that he may actually be scum.

• Locked thread