Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In as the referee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Confirming I got my PM. Baseball tonight so see y'all tomorrow

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote Chaoslord

kill the baseball traitor

Rude

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

It's awfully quiet.

:agreed:

Madman you up for a Content Game?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

What do you got for me?

You've been granted a D1 day vig. Who do you shoot and why?

If anyone else stumbles into the thread, feel free to answer it too.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kasumeat:

If you had to pick someone to not vote for, let's say the first three game days, who would that be and why?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Right now, I'd shoot Ernie because I can't figure out his vote on me. Normally, I would just ignore it since it was the first vote of the entire game and that's usually a joke vote, but something about it just feels weird to me.

Interesting.

I'd pop Tired Moritz. I have no idea how to read them and so given the opportunity to get rid of someone who is going to be a headache for me I'll take it. Also it'd end the possible confusion around having TM and TMM in the same game

Full disclosure, my original answer was CirclMastr because this is their third game and they have posted elsewhere since their last post. My assumption was "New scum in a slow game unsure what to say". But then I checked and those other two games were years ago so they might as well be a first time player and I'm not gonna dayvig someone in their first game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Raeg posted:

Come on a slam and welcome to the... wait, nope, wrong game again.

Raeg, if you could be masons with anyone in this game, who would it be and why?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kasumeat posted:

I'm not townreading anyone yet. I don't like this question though, for two reasons:

1. You're fishing for towntells super early, which scum can use to manipulate town
2. You're trying to get me to make a 3-day commitment to a townread super early. That would put me in a position that makes it difficult for me to case that player if my read changes because you're set up to throw shade on me.

##vote Chaos

This is a huge overreaction to a content game. Scum found.

##vote kasu

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Raeg posted:

It would be Gulag because they I could learn all the cop secrets and be a backup cop and that would be rad, like being on a ridealong or somethink!

For me it would be Mr F. I'd have to clear it with the mod, but since I have his phone number and sheets doesn't always work well on my phone, he would be the easiest mason partner to be in touch with since I'm on the road fairly frequently. As well, seems like him and I tend to have very different reads on games. I feel like having someone who doesnt always agree with me is the best type of mason partner since we will challenge each other and make us think.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Raeg posted:

I mean, it's no weirder than your throwing shade on Ernie I guess. Both of you were trying to infer something out of nothing.

Disagree. Madman took a look at the game and came to a conclusion. Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but he gave a straightforward answer that showed his thinking.

Kasu thought me asking them to find one person in this game that they were willing to say "I think this person is town" was a bad thing to do. I can understand taking a bit of umbrage with the 3 days thing, but I wasn't asking them to Toxx on that. Had Kasu replied "I think 3 days is way too long but i wouldn't vote X for Y reasons", then ok. Instead, they dodged the question entirely

I consider it similar to the Synx gambit and that's a pretty open and shut failure on Kasu's part.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Raeg posted:

Would you gossip about the other players hairstyles?

Probably not

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

why dont you just marry him

I don't think mrs Slord would approve of that

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

stop fishing for towntells

If people would post we wouldn't have to be doing content game :shrug:

Gulag why do you think ixt's vote is, in turn, vote worthy?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pinterest Mom posted:

what the gently caress does fishing for town tells mean

Something something scum wants to know who everyone thinks is town to avoid casing them, I'm assuming

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I just got an NPSL assignment :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pinterest Mom posted:

derp cleared

:negative:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jamuraan posted:

Sorry I was sleeping all day. I'm here and I'm town so don't worry about me =)

Can your catchphrase please be "you just got jammed" ?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CirclMastr posted:

heaven loving forbid I not know what's going on.

You would know what's going on if you'd read the thread :eng101: this is like playing a board game and texting through everyone else's turn, then getting in a huff when it gets back to you and people are annoyed that you asked "so what'd everyone do?"

The two serious votes TMM mentioned, I'm assuming, were Kasu on me and then me on Kasu. Those both happened before the whole discussion on shade that your eyes glazed over at.

My vote on Kasu was because they dodged the content game I asked them to participate in and severely overreacted to it. I found this to be a scum tell in the manner of The Synx Gambit, where you ask folks to say "I am scum" or "I am town" or similar, and people's reactions to it (being awkward, refusing, etc) can tip their hand as to their alignment

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Ninth Layer posted:

chaoslord's content games scream "trying too hard" to me. I understand wanting to get things rolling but something about the repeated cracks at content game + giving responses to his own questions sets my gut off.

I feel like my repeated cracks at it led to the majority of posts this afternoon/evening. Content games should lead to content and I'm doubtful if I left it at just TMM that much would have happened. While it was definitely "trying too hard" in that it was forced (because content game by their very nature are a forced thing) I stand by it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kasumeat posted:

It's a different question now. Tmm looks like town to me and I'd pick him if i had to pick someone.

Just noticed the "why" got left out on this. Any particular reason on TMM or is it gut?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jamuraan posted:

I feel like the entirety of the game thus far has been townies fighting with townies and scum lurking. One of the more prolific posters may be scum, but at this point of the game I really can't tell. I'm really glad for the interactions but it's hard to really draw any conclusions at this point.

Also note to thread: I'm about to lurk hardcore for the next 16 hours. ##unvote for now but know that I am definitely dropping my vote there when I come back to the thread baring any strong proof.

Yeah, that's fair. My point was more of "Sure, maybe I did try too hard, but it got people posting and that was what I wanted to happen so I'm OK with that."

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

one person voted you you egomaniac

:agreed: TM spinning his wheels a lot over one vote

Still prefer Kasu, though.

I'm not likely to be around at the new deadline, I'll probably be going to bed ~930 central.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

420 posts, nice

Probably gonna give madman the nod

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Good morning everyone, just got my cereal and

:suspense:

also yeah TMM I did end up putting my vote in for you.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I don't know that I've ever been in a game, personally, where posting chat logs from mason stuff was OK. Busb one time ran a mafia like Civ game and someone posted a fake faction chat screenshot and boy howdy did that cause a big ol mess, if I remember right.

I know anyone can fake a copy/pasted PM with a timestamp but a inspect element edit means anyone more or less can fake a screenshot of one too, and I dont think any of us would be very happy if someone posted a screenshot. Having a layer of deniability there is important for the game to keep things even imo. But I also have never modded a game.

Of course I also think taste gambited once upon a time by posting a fake role PM so :shrug: mafia crazy sometimes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

It's possible inf is just vanilla town mason and scum killed jam to set him up (Jams flip is first after all; I know there is no hard and fast rule about flip order but I feel like it's typically posted Scum -> Others), but I think Inf would be the kind of person who would replace in as a SK Mason and go "Well hell lets just claim to my masonbro and see where this goes." More importantly, I think leaving Inf alive when we have him available as a free lynch is a bad move. Whatever his alignment, we are going to be talking about him as long as he is alive and I think his future lynch is basically inevitable. Clearing the room of distractions now is the best play.

##killinfi2017
##vote added space

Space I hope you play in future games!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Updated MOTM Claimed N1 Votes:
Hal - ??
TNL - ??

Hal, TNL, can you answer about your MotM votes?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Bad post.

Heaven forbid I can't be cleared via tracking, etc.

Bad post with bad reasoning all around clord.

I have never claimed to be good at mafia :v:

Cop dead, no guarantee of tracker. I stand by what I said. If others disagree, fine, but I think we will be arguing "Is inf the SK or not?????" until you die more likely than not. We have the chance to rid the game of the claimed SK and claimed scum in one swoop. I'm gonna take it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

only stupid people would think infi is the sk

oh nooooo :negative:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Do you think I would, as an experienced mafia player, openly claim SK to my mason partner in my first post to them?

IF, for sake of the argument, I was the SK do you think I would keep my mason partner alive to spill the beans if they were town?

Honestly? Yes,. Because you can use the logic you're using right now to get away from it and you know you could do that and be persuasive.

It's a crazy high risk gambit but you're one of the few people I'd think would actually try it :shrug:

I love seeing gambits so me wanting this to be a big one may be clouding my view but I mean if others disagree with me you'll live.

KillInf: Sandwolf, raeg, me
Saveinf: ernie, tired, possibly inf?

I recognize I'm in company with very possibly scum sandwolf, which is not a great look, so honestly I think you'll be ok if more people show up. Actually, ##unvote to make sure people have a chance to weigh in about inf. AS is definitely gonna be the vote today but I still want to know Hal/TNL's motm votes and want more folks to vote about inf

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Should have hit preview. Add Hurt to the killinf list.

KillInf: Sandwolf, raeg, chao, hurt
Saveinf: ernie, tired, possibly inf?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

CLord what are your thoughts on the D2 PM's that I've reposted above?

I agree they paint it that AS is likely scum because, as you say, he chooses to reply rather that come to the thread.

However, if he's scum, he knows whether or not they killed Jam. If scum did , I don't think he would have come back to you saying "nice work" letting you take credit there. Since he had already scum claimed to you, I don't see why he would have hesitated to call you out on it if he thought you had misled him. If AS is scum, Jam was the SK kill.

That means, to me, either AS isn't actually scum (unlikely), you're the SK (my thought), or you're just super duper unlucky that the SK also happened to pick Jam.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

I replaced in too late I think to have a MOTM vote, I don't know if my predecessor voted.

You should ask the mod

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hello I woke up at 430am for work and just got home (9pm) so I will make this post and then I'm gone for the night.

My MOTM boon is a passive that will trigger on my death or the next defenders death. It will give a benefit to defenders.

I voted gulag MOTM.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

So I just want to make this clear: CirclMastr decided to out themselves as tracker because Infi didn't go anywhere that MUST ABSOLUTELY MEAN Infi is an SK that didn't kill.

like... what the gently caress?

##vote Tired Moritz

2 ez

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

tHiS dOeS nOt SeEm LiKe NoRmAl InF bEhAvIoR

I'm not going to be voting inf

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Raeg posted:

Might as well come clean, kept posting that "better tomorrow" schtick because I'm a future prospect, as THE FUTURE, I had a choice to either one shot watch or one shot track last night, one shot due to not being at my full potential as a player yet. For obvious reasons, I choose tracking Inf.

What player are you?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Raeg posted:

What part of snark and trolls is proving his innocence to you?

The part where I was just making a joke because I find that sponegebob thing to be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

see what I mean when people just randomly vote me when they have absolutely nothing to say. CL, could you lurk as scum even more? ##unvote ##vote ChaosLord

Scumteam has to be CL, TNL and Sandwolf, right?

Nice OMGUS. Let me put your post side by side with what Circl said.

CirclMastr posted:

[TNL says "I would vote for Sandwolf but first I want to know what CirclMastr did to Infinitum last night."]
I guess we're outing town PRs now? I'm tracker. Infi visited no one. Hence:

[Circl says "Maybe Infi is the SK and just no-killed in case there's a tracker or watcher."]
So there you go.

Tired Moritz posted:

So I just want to make this clear: CirclMastr decided to out themselves as tracker because Infi didn't go anywhere that MUST ABSOLUTELY MEAN Infi is an SK that didn't kill.

like... what the gently caress?

Your post is just complete malarkey. TNL forced Circl's hand, so "CirclMastr decided to out themselves" is a lie. Saying "Maybe infi is the sk" is not "MUST ABSOLUTELY MEAN Infi is an SK". It's not even particularly close. You lied here, too. You completely misrepresented the situation around Circl's claim and the takeaway. That's not a good look.

Also if you check votefinder you will see my post per game average is 39. This is my 40th post so I'm actually posting more than I normally do :eng101: For real though, work's been killer recently. Waking up at 430 and getting home between 8 and 9 the last two days. Hoping to avoid that today.

I also admire your persecution complex.

• Locked thread