Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

same but i will counter-claim gulag's cop and say that i also found kashuno to be scum and am confused as to why he's lying

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Looks full but put me in when Ernie inevitably backs out because he is scared to play scum

this is still a myth!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i really want in this game to work against the stereotype that people from ottawa are afraid to play scum

stupid asiina started all of this ....

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'll believe it when I see it

i was going to go all 'i recently played a strong scum game reminiscent of old ernie' and link this:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786444

but then i realized it's from august

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Added Space posted:

Every Canadian knows the real scum live in Winnipeg.

haha the real scum don't live here, they just own houses here and drive the prices up

is there a canpol smiley? let's find out :canpol:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

confirming that taste is a good mod and gave me exactly the role i asked for

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

unlike the rest of you ... i'm here to win

##vote tmmadman

TMMadman posted:

And so the game is now a....

Afoot.

:downsrim:

pre-prepared joke phase joke, ugly

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I really hope day vigs are called penalty kicks

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

anyway my answer to the game is

TNL. I've pretty much developed the heuristic over the games I've played with him that when his reasoning and focus are in sync with mine, he's town, and when they're not, he's scum. I feel like my read on him will be stronger in three days than my read on anyone else could be.

this is really interesting. i wonder how many of us feel this way? for me it's jedit. i could always tell when jedit was stretching his/her logic in a way they were uncomfortable with.

Pinterest Mom posted:

For example:

https://twitter.com/britneyspears/status/615666740295532544

Shade. Iggy Azalea had, earlier in the week, called Britney out publicly, but, then, had also had her tour cancelled because of lack of ticket sales. This tweet doesn't refer to Iggy, and Britney can plausibly deny she was picking a fight with Iggy, even though she totally was.

Not shade. TMM cannot plausibly claim he doesn't want to shoot Ernie.

maybe i'm missing it because it's 1am and i'm skimming and i had a stupidly long work day, but getting into the nitty gritty of what the word shade means is pretty directionless

CirclMastr posted:

I'll be honest, my eyes glazed over when I saw someone posting Britney Spears Twitter posts in what appeared to be an argument about the definition of throwing shade, which I hope you'll forgive me for not thinking is an actual serious discussion. And only one vote since said Twitter post so if two votes are completely real, I can't tell which two.

circlmastr is town. unafraid to speak his mind in a confrontational way.

GulagDolls posted:

stop fishing for towntells

oops

Sandwolf posted:

CirclMaster is baby, no one cares that you don't know what's going on, go reread one page and pull some inferences from it, but don't force them, cuz you'll get strung up for that.

I'd vote Pinterest Mom rn, he's been posting a lot over the past couple pages but hasn't seemed to make many real statements or opinions, I feel like their content is hollow. ##vote PMom

this post is a little scummy to me because it feels like sand is ... not saying much? like circlmastr is complaining ... but he sees exactly what the complaint is in that pmom's post(s) were hollow??

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Fair, I'm just on the border about it and I'd really like Ernie to come back an answer my earlier question about it and just post more.

Something about it when I first saw it struck me as overly aggressive, but I can't decide if I'm also just being overly sensitive.

i was kinda flavour claiming, those two posts were a combined bit

btw ... you'd shoot me but you wouldn't vote me?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

My vote on tmm is now real. Not responding to me at all and harping on the weirdest logic in the world (kept TM alive before ... So let's keep him alive again? - not even an alignment call). I'm working all night so I can't promise to be here at deadline. :( I'll have much more free time as the game goes on.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Gulag sandwolf and raeg all strike me as town.

Gulag quote me the original scum ixt post. I missed what caught your eye while skimming the thread.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The intent behind tmm's posts is all wrong. It's to seem Townie or thoughtful. Not too actually hunt scrum or prod for reactions.

Earlier in the game he insisted over multiple posts that I explain some reasoning, then dropped that line of questioning entirely after joke phase. The entire thing was just him trying to appear like he's always trying. His is an evil heart. I bet he is player #666.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

New phone bad auto correct.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dr. Hurt is like top 5 posters and I don't know any of his opinions.

He also hasn't made a single joke with me all game ...

Is this the death of Hurt and Ernie? :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm not voting Tired Moritz even if it causes a no lunch.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

Are you masons or what.

no

i just disagree with the idea that any scum in the world ever has wasted all of d1 being self-absorbed

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Infinitum posted:

You are likely scum knowing that a no-lynch is likely to happen today and are setting the scene for a Day 2 Moral High Ground case against yourself

what?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Time for a real content game.

I voted for gulag.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Two players discuss killing another player. Other player ends up dead. Now it's possible that infi is SK. But AS could be either scum or SK. My read is that AS is the SK, knew infi was lying and tried to outplay him into getting lunched first so that their series of PMs would come off as a series of bizarro world ninth level chess after the flip.

##vote added space

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##saveinficrew

Let's just play the game as is.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Actually I take it back ##unvote. Added space reminds me of my play in my first couple of games. I think he's the SK but I'm pretty sure my vote right there seals his lunch which I'm not okay with.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Sandwolf, why did you say infi is the serial killer?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi Ernie sorry I'm late fill me in here

Infi and space are masons.

Infi claimed SK to bait space.

Space claimed scum and said yeah sure they can team up.

They both decided the SK should kill jamuraan. Jamuraan died.

Both now say they are town. Sandwolf seems to have secretly come to the conclusion that infi is the SK.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kasumeat posted:

Setting aside the Inf/AS clusterfuck for one moment, I really like TNL today and am doing a total 180 on TMM. TMM seems like an experienced player, yet is spouting a bunch of total nonsense to justify him not making an effort to lynch a viable candidate. I totally missed that horrible vote yesterday. He's also doublevoting my strongest townread right now.

That said, I'm OK with either Inf or AS today, so

##vote AS

TMM isn't using the correct logic for anything in the world and it's plainly transparent. It seems like half the thread is against me though and would rather MOTM him so I've dropped it today.

It seems like his strategy today is 'flood the thread with enough words that town just keeps liking me as I am a second time'.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

One last passing thought before I go missing for another half game day:

I voted gulag for MOTM yesterday because he had a lot of town calls and I agreed with some of them. I thought they in turn would vote him overnight because they also trusted him. But looks like they didn't? It would be interesting to go back to that list of players and ask them why they didn't vote for gulag. The only kind of player that would see that they have an ally in the thread and not care about making them the MOTM is the kind who knows that the other player is not their ally.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Gulag I really really hope you have the thrall role again.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If you're a town vig who vigged n1 you should claim now instead of muddying up the thread later.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kasumeat posted:

Did I mention that these two are my top scumreads?

How many scum reads do you have? It feels like you've called everyone on this page scum.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Time to make this game interesting (imo). I don't think there's an SK because I'm a survivor. It seems like there's too many non town players if so. Or the scum team is what 2 players?

I'm claiming because I want to play survivor differently. I've literally never won a game as survivor and I think it's because I never play it openly enough or clearly helpfully enough to town.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Raeg posted:

Why did two people die night 1 in this case Ernesto?

Kind of why I made my post. I think it's a town vig not an SK...

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm still unclear on where you are helping the town

Instead of waiting until the last possible minute to claim if I'm ever seen as suspicious, I'm claiming now. It also airs out why my play so far has been indifferent.

Kasumeat posted:

Yeah this claim is kinda sketchy. It's not impossible to have a "4th party" but I've never seen it. Who is your player Ernie?

I asked taste to be Abby wombach and he gave me this role. That's why my first two posts I breadcrumbs that I was different from everybody else.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Also one shot tracker is definitely not a role. Joat is more likely and if we think there's an SK in the game then it's more likely the SK has some one shot abilities specifically to clear them from tracking and watching suspicions (i.e. they're seen visiting a player but the player doesn't die).

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

Ernie, what do you think of Dr. Hurt?

I see what you mean about the hurt post being an easy one for scum to make. But what gives me pause is that scum yesterday knew that space is town. Would hurt in retrospective just want to be seen as tangentially referring to the possibility?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote raeg

All your posts today are just weirdly loosely controlled panic. Even when you're phrasing your case against me, it's using other people's words to try and defend yourself and flip the tables on someone else.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Raeg posted:

Please point to sketchiness or points where I've been inconsistent with my role claim. Weird you seem to quickly be echoing Ernie who already into lazy habit of "guy speaks about himself so he must be scum" because I'm happy to defend myself.

Even your justification for tracking TMM sounds like something out of a scum doc.

Again, based on hard facts of the night actions, I would like to ask what role you think I have. Same for Ernie.

If I'm lunched today just lunch raeg tomorrow and I'll be happy.

: shrug:

This post is so dishonest I hope it's apparent enough for everybody else. It attempts to make multiple mountains out of every single molehill just to sound like contribution.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

As for Ernie, I just don't understand why a survivor would ever claim survivor. Like, wouldn't it be smarter to imply something like bomber or... I forget the one that wins if the town lynches them. Jester? Something that actively discourages a kill rather than just pleading for mercy.

I'm very busy nowadays and I'm exclusively phone posting the entire game so it's hard to participate. I just didn't want to have suspicion arise and then I claimed. I wanted to try playing openly but I see now that may not have been the smartest decision.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Raeg posted:

My biggest problem with Ernie his opportunistic posts could easily be a survivor latching on to hottness and it's holding me back a bit. I'm still struggling to think if a game could have a cop, watcher, tracker and my role and I hate that I really want to stick to my Scum Circl blocked SK Inf theory.

My biggest problem with this post is you're refusing to make calls about alignments. Almost like you know that the watcher and tracker are both town.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm going to vote raeg until I die. ##vote raeg

Today there's none of that panicked tone posting. He just decided that he wants to post about something neutral and make it sound like participation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Am I really the only person reading raeg as completely off in tone and motivation? Hal? Ninth?

• Locked thread