Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello I have subbed in. Lets murder TM and I'll have a proper read tomorrow

##vote Tired Moritz

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ernie. posted:

I'm not voting Tired Moritz even if it causes a no lunch.

Bad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ernie. posted:

no

i just disagree with the idea that any scum in the world ever has wasted all of d1 being self-absorbed

This is bad and you should feel bad.

You are likely scum knowing that a no-lynch is likely to happen today and are setting the scene for a Day 2 Moral High Ground case against yourself

Never not lynch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

I'm glad you decided to care all of 5 minutes before deadline.

I'm not reading all of D1 in the 1hr left of deadline.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please vote me for MOTM for subbing in and saving the game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I dunno what that face means

It means vote me for MOTM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vote me if you want someone who's not gonna die tonight

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murder them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I have a weird feeling PMom/Inf is an SK.

I also hope the flavor is that he's Giuseppe Rossi.

Oh OK. It's weird you'd think that.

Actually it's not really that weird.

Because I 'told' my mason partner, Added Space, that I was a Serial Killer (When in fact I'm just a plain old Vanilla Town Mason)

Then he revealed to me he is scum, and to his credit he has not revealed who his scumbros are.
But yeah I asked him to ask his scumbros who I should 'murder' last night and it turned out to be Jamuraan (I didn't read D1 so I'm assuming he slipped that he was Cop)

Luck of the draw was Jam ended up being murdered last night, I asked him directly who the scum team was so I didn't end up 'killing them' and again to his credit did not reveal who they were.

I'm not going to copy+paste the PMs we sent, because he's new and I'd like to see him argue out of this..
But yeah Added Space is scum

##vote Added Space

Sorry mate I know you're new, but don't fret there is another big game starting up soon I think you'll enjoy (CapitalistPig's Final Fantasy Mafia)

Protip: Never trust anyone in a Mafia game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I genuinely feel really bad about this because I hate killing off new players straight away, but this was a straight up scumslip.. and.. yeah.. I can't ignore that and work against my wincon.

Combine that with a no lynch yesterday and 2 dead last night..

Sorry Added Space.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

but lol @ scum claiming to your mason bro.

Again I won't paste the PMs, because I won't to give a newbie some wiggle room, but my initial PM I sent to him was

quote:

Totally gonna murder some people tonight as I'm the Serial Killer

Wanna team up scumbo?

And then he pretty much reveals he's scum straight after that :(

So on the one hand I feel bad for him, and on the other I think this is an important mafia lesson that I hope he doesn't take to heart personally and continues playing Mafs :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh OK as long as you posted the PMs first, here they are in order for proper context

Infinitum posted:

Totally gonna murder some people tonight as I'm the Serial Killer

Wanna team up scumbo?

Added Space posted:

I'm trying to lay low, but you have fun.

Infinitum posted:

Ask in scumdoc if you guys wanna team up.

Tell me who to murder tonight so I don't hit one of you guys.

Added Space posted:

Kill Jamuraan.

If I finish with you stabbing me last I can call it a moral win even if it's not official.

*D2 starts Jamuraan is revealed dead*

Infinitum posted:

Jamuraan is dead

Who's the scum team so I don't knock them off.
I'm happy with a SK + scum victory.

Added Space posted:

Nice work.

They said not to tell you, sorry. I'm trying to play nice with everybody since I'm new and all.

People can make up their own minds on this one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

it's a bad look that he tells you to kill somebody who then ends up dead.

Agreed.

However I'm happy to take a lynch to prove my innocence, and you've played enough games with me to know I'd never ever reveal I was an SK to anyone so you know this is a comedy gambit that paid off.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Added Space posted:

He called himself the serial killer. I wanted to test it, maybe knock out a mafia and then claim the next day "Ha ha, tricked you!" and reveal to the thread.

Except if I was the SK, I just murdered the target you told me to

Why didn't you reveal to the thread I was the SK?

Unless you are scum that actually wanted to team up with the SK.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I guess the one point in Added Space's favor is if he was really scum and Infi had claimed to him, he would have been better off telling his buddies and having them kill Infi, and that didn't happen.

I'm assuming scumteam is mainly new players this time about.

My current picks are:
- Added Space (Because he's essentially scumclaimed and did't out me in thread when he had the chance if he was town)
- Sandwolf (For suggesting I was the SK out of thin air)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm heading out to the movies for a bit, but straight up Added Space I genuinely feel bad about this as I love new players and don't like seeing them killed off early so they can have a good first game experience ;(

Will be back to answer any questions later.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Added Space posted:

Yeah, whatever. I suck at this game.

##vote Added Space

Added Space posted:

No, I'm trying to leave with a minimum of dignity. Sorry for interrupting all of you.

Don't be like that, there's nothing to be ashamed about mate :(

IF you are genuinely town, make a strong case for why you are town.
Circumstantial evidence has you being scum, and the best thing you can do here is clear the air as much as you can (Which you've attempted to do already)

As I said I loving hate outing new players like this, but I felt it was a genuine scumslip (Which is rare in and of itself) and with a no lynch yesterday I had to act on the information.
I am legit not out to try and ruin your experience with the game mate, and I'll genuinely feel like crap if you leave having a bad time. (I'll get you into Final Fantasy Mafs and we'll have a fun time!)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

Inf, do you remember my first game?

No.

I legit can't even remember what happens in my last game. I like playing fast and loose.

Which is why a comedy "haha I'm the SK lets go murder people scumbo" PM turned into an actual result.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well technically AS posted PMs first, and I just clarified and expanded upon..

I didn't post mod related PMs, and there are no specific rules about not posting mason communication.

Either way I'm happy with the result.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Let it be known that Added Space and Sandwolf are scumbros.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

What footy player are you?

Claudio Reyna

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I'm going to bed soon but I really whanna emphasize that I'd love to hear people's opinions and some feelings on what's going on today.

I'm like 99% sure you're scum for the "Wow Inf is probably a SK" out of nowhere comment before the reveal of the PMs.

Enjoy that hottake.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I didn't vote for anyone last night because I was a late sub in and did not know who was deserving of it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Almost burned my hands on that spicy one

I'm just saying it's super weird you came to that conclusion yourself without me making a single post D2

Not a "Could have been someone with a night vig, we should wait for everybody to check in first to see what happened" towny comment

But straight up "Man.. I reckon Inf is a SK"

How does one come to that conclusion? Oh yeah Added Space sharing that info with you via scumdoc, and you trying to throw shade.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All I will say is that I didn't post the PMs originally, and even stated that I wouldn't.

Then Added Space came out and posted them.
So I clarified them by making them legible, and added the missing PMs.

That Added Space gets a free pass and I don't is something I don't personally agree with, but it is what it is and I believe scum will take advantage of abusing the situation.

If I do end up getting free lynched please take a good hard look at the people voting killinfi2017 and their reasoning behind it; that will turn up some suspicious behaviour I'm sure of it.

I'm Vanilla Town and while it isn't a great loss if I get dunked, I'll at least be glad that known scum Added Space + Sandwolf will be lynched afterwards.

chaoslord posted:

More importantly, I think leaving Inf alive when we have him available as a free lynch is a bad move.

Bad post.

chaoslord posted:

Whatever his alignment, we are going to be talking about him as long as he is alive and I think his future lynch is basically inevitable.

Heaven forbid I can't be cleared via tracking, etc.

Bad post with bad reasoning all around clord.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##saveinficrew :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chaoslord posted:

I have never claimed to be good at mafia :v:

Cop dead, no guarantee of tracker. I stand by what I said. If others disagree, fine, but I think we will be arguing "Is inf the SK or not?????" until you die more likely than not. We have the chance to rid the game of the claimed SK and claimed scum in one swoop. I'm gonna take it.

Actually I have claimed Vanilla Town and explained that it was a comedic PM that actually somehow worked as a gambit; which has now outted Added Space, and probably Sandwolf as well, as scumbro.

Do you think I would, as an experienced mafia player, openly claim SK to my mason partner in my first post to them?

IF, for sake of the argument, I was the SK do you think I would keep my mason partner alive to spill the beans if they were town?
Added Space admits to being scum via PM and was hoping I'd kill him last to secure a moral victory

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Again these are the PMs after D2 has already started

*D2 starts Jamuraan is revealed dead*

Infinitum posted:

Jamuraan is dead

Who's the scum team so I don't knock them off.
I'm happy with a SK + scum victory.

Added Space posted:

Nice work.

They said not to tell you, sorry. I'm trying to play nice with everybody since I'm new and all.

So he had the opportunity to post in thread once the day has started, if he was town, to reveal that I was the SK

Instead he chooses to send a reply PM when the thread has been reopened and continues to maintain he is part of the scum team

I'm sorry, but that's an open-shut slam dunk case right there.
Sandwolf suggest I'm the SK out of nowhere incriminates him as well.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm not going to be particularly miffed if I end up being freelynchable

Just please please please remember that when Added Space flips scum, that Sandwolf is 100% scum as well for insinuating I'm an SK out of nowhere (Because they talked about it in scumdoc)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CLord what are your thoughts on the D2 PM's that I've reposted above?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

But directly PMing another player is just blatantly against the rules, no? Am I missing something obvious?

I explicitly said I was a mason in my gambit reveal post

Masons are allowed to communicate outside of the thread. Normally it's done via Googledocs, but we kicked it oldskool via PMs.

So it's pretty lovely you're voting me for that reason.

quote:

I would like to see the Inf flip before deciding on AS.

Fuckin :laffo: even if I am freelynched, I wouldn't get flipped until end of day anyway.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As I said look at the killinf voters and their reasoning, and you'll start seeing some suspect behaviour.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah hammer.

EA E3 Conference is about to start.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Or I'm just straight up a town mason and you nerds can spin it any way you like :frogc00l:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Raeg is the SK

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If I survive today I'll be putting a solid case in for Raeg as SK tomorrow.

(On top of Sandwolf being scum post-AS flip)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bed time :tootzzz:

Hammer AS already

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just :redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The fact that you think known comedic poster, Infinitum, in his first reply PM to his new mason bro was serious when he joked that he's the SK and wants to team up with Scum..

Yeaaaaaaah

I threw that out there as a joke, and somehow got a nibble; so make of that what you will.

• Locked thread