Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
And btw, everyone should take note of how TTM is making a case with contradictory logic. Making cases with contradictory logic is something that SKs do in order to lynch players who push them. This is exactly what TTM is doing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

until you explain how I can at the same time
a) be lying scum
b) legitimately believe you are SK
I cannot believe that you are actually town. And both of these statements came directly from you in the same post.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum
I cannot believe that you are actually town. And both of these statements came directly from you in the same post.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

a) be lying scum

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

chaoslord posted:

This is the most obnoxious thing I think I've seen in a mafia game

Have you considered actually pressuring him to answer the question?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

TMMadman posted:

How about telling is who you think is the actual scum?

The instant you answer my question.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

The instant you answer my question.

Like, a real answer.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

As soon as anybody in this entire game can give me a legit reason for a townie TTM to resort to pushing a case against me by blatantly lying about the fact that either
a) He believes I'm scum, or
b) He believes I believe he's SSK
I will be convinced he's town and drop the whole thing.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

As soon as anybody in this entire game can give me a legit reason for a townie TTM to resort to pushing a case against me by blatantly lying about the fact that either
a) He believes I'm scum, or
b) He believes I believe he's SSK
I will be convinced he's town and drop the whole thing.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Does it seriously not trouble anybody that this very easy request is being completely ignored?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I have nothing to add. I've caught TMM lying in order to push me, I've pointed out his obsession with repeating how confirmed he is when he isn't, I've pointed out how he's led pushes on literally 100% townies, I've pointed out how his only priority this entire game is to lynch people who push him, I've pointed out the fact that he's guilty of almost everything he's accused players of being scummy for, and I've pointed out that he's completely ignored every request to address these. Yet you're all content to be led off a cliff but the scummiest player in the entire game. Enjoy.
##vote kasumeat

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

3p, he's obviously not Mafia

I'm out drinking so further responses may not exist or be unintelligible

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I'm VT.

Scum is either Circle or Hal, or both if I'm wrong about TMM. Circle I do believe is a Tracker, just not a town one. Look at his posting history: Just super safe calls. No scumhunting whatsoever. And last night he "tracked" Hal who is almost certainly either his scumbro or VT. I just can't believe we have more PRs at this point, we've got so many already plus the MotM in combination with the Tackle is basically a JOAT-with-more-than-4-extremely-unpredictable-abilities/Innocent Child combo, were it on a player who was actually conceivably not 3P.

Hal is a player I've played with before and I always have a hard time reading. He's never an aggressive or highly active player, but usually as the game progresses I see him transitioning into being a little more assertive but I don't see that here.

TM is town, I've been TRing him for the past couple of Days and that townslip with him not knowing how the NK/Jailer interaction works confirms it for me. I think you're town too mostly because I do believe there's a Doc this game but scum Docs are extremely rare.

And I've explained why TMM is 3P many, many times so I won't repeat that. Just keep in mind that if there are 2 claimed PRs and a Doc on any given night, there's only a ~25% chance that we get 2 NKs, assuming all parties will target PRs and more or less at random (and the reality is it's not random, so the actual chance of the same target being picked is actually higher).

Work soon, I'll be on again later if I'm still alive.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

As I've said I'm tracker.

The worst, most useless, unluckiest tracker, but tracker.

I do think you're a Tracker, I just don't think you're town. You didn't track Chaos to confirm his claim, instead going after a shot-in-the-dark in a game where there is almost certainly a Ninja still alive. And I think you're lying about your track last night to protect Hal.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

TMMadman posted:

If you are a town tracker, and I believe that to be true, then I think you are really just a decoy/pawn along with the watcher. If I'm right, the game is almost vanilla in that it's basically supposed to be a doc/cop game trying to find the 4 man scum team which consists of 2 goons who don't move, 1 honeypot trap in a PGO, and then a ninja killer. It's what makes the most amount of sense to me.

16 players
5 moving town (one who doesn't move every night)
4 scum, 3 who don't move, 1 who can't be seen
7 'vanilla' non moving town, this includes the mason pair and the backup doc (which I believe is there to make sure town isn't defenseless if the doc walks into the PGO early)

If this is the setup, then I think it's a really neat one and I'm glad I was in it, although if it plays out like I think then I also kind of messed up the game on D1 by refusing to lynch Tired who I think is the PGO. However, I still stand by my argument that I'm not going to lynch someone on D1 if I really do think they are town at the time., even if I end up being wrong.

Hmm yes, here is the "almost vanilla" Town:

1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Cop
1 Doc
1 Backup Doc
1 Developing JOAT-variation
1 Day-vig/non-scum confirmer Tackle thing
1 MOTM boon guaranteed to hit the non-scum every day which is a super-JOAT

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Anyways, actually leaving now

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

:redhammer:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

First of all, thanks everyone and especially JFisk for the game! Second, let me apologise for the spam posting which I know annoyed many of you. As you'll read in the scumdoc, I decided to get clowny and try to push TMM for the challenge—at first I thought he was town, but then I convinced myself of my own fake case for a little while too but knew by D5 that TMM was town)—and obviously that backfired. However, it soon became clear that nobody was buying my case but I felt I was pot-committed at that point, so my only hope was to fake a frustrated townie meltdown. I will try not to do that again, as obviously this is a game we play for fun and I don't think it made the game fun for anyone except maybe me. I had hoped to get a really bitter post about the setup while I was at L-1 before getting lynched, crumbing frustration (mostly fake frustration) that we were just 3 goons against the super-powerful town, but I got lynched while I was busy at work.

Speaking of the setup, which I'm still unsure about who was favoured in it:

The Tackle by Inf was a MASSIVE game-changer and totally turned the game around. I don't think most of you realise how incredibly powerful that was for town. At that point the two most likely lynch candidates were Inf and TMM. Meaning the Tackle not only confirmed TMM, but it saved town from wasting two lynches right away. And then it confirmed Chaos later who likely would have been an easy lynch with his Doc claim being really unreliable otherwise, especially with that Jug kill that he failed to stop. AND being conftown in combination with the MOTM mechanic was insanely powerful. Especially because it was impossible for us to predict what the boons were, it was a MUCH stronger version of JOAT. We even intentionally voted TMM MOTM early because we thought he would be a good lynch candidate, and had planned to argue that he won MOTM because his scumbros all voted for him. That and tons of other town PRs.

On the other hand, four scum vs. 11 town is massively scum-favoured, and the shared ability pool was much stronger than I thought it would be, ensuring that we don't lose our PRs early and making it very hard for town to make sense of things.

All in all a really interesting setup. I kinda wish I'd be on the town side to try to make sense of it.

AS, I hope you're reading this and you keep playing mafia. I made a very similar mistake to you in my first game (lying as town). But you probably won't ever do it again!

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also, TM, have you ever played scum before? Was that "townslip" about Jailer blocking a kill legit or strategic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Raeg can you post your full role?

Scumdoc is here

• Locked thread