Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

Season 19 starts June 28th on CBS.

This is the Spoiler thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

It's the summer TV season again, which means it's time for Big Brother. So what is Big Brother?

Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 14+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of the $500,000.

The 80+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Interested in seeing the true story of Big Brother 19?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Jokers Updates
Online Big Brother

CBS also will provide live streaming HD coverage through CBS All Access.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

If your cable provider offers Pop (the station formerly known as TVGN) you'll be able to watch "Big Brother After Dark" for two hours every night from 12:00-2:00 AM ET/PT seven days a week. This is another source for live feed viewing, sometimes offering different angles or a better viewing experience for that time window.

http://poptv.com/big_brother_after_dark

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/

This season's twist/hook:

?

FAQ:

Q - I bought CBS All Access and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother now added to CBS All Access, in addition to the feeds you'll now also have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $5.99 per month. If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that it appears the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.

Obligatory:

Fedelm in season 17 thread posted:

I can't wait to watch people put a target on their back by throwing others under the bus and backdooring floaters on the chopping block when they should've voted with the house even though it's nothing personal, but they didn't come here to make friends so sometimes they have to get blood on their hands in order to do what's best for their game so no matter where your head is at, at the end of the day it is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

Reserved for news and updates.

The new cast, house look and season theme have been revealed. Hit the episode thread for cast pictures.

Teek fucked around with this message at Jun 27, 2017 around 21:37

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

I hope the contestants don't push Stac Goat to the edge of sanity this season

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sitting here thinking and legit the only thing I can remember from last season is that it annoyed me so much I kinda rage quit before it was done and then ignored the internet season that followed.

Oh wait, it's coming back to me. The cute romance between James and... Natalie? Cody's brother being horrible? Da'vonne driving Vanessa's sister into a mental break? Frank being unable to decide if he was a good guy or a bad guy?

Who won? Why was I so mad? Nicole? Why did I hate her when I used to like her? So much of last season seems like a blank to me.

Of course that was pre-Trump when all time started moving at a much different pace. So that could explain it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Did they reveal the hamsters yet?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

Not yet, should happen in around 2 more weeks.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

Cast reveal confirmed for June 19th:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brothe...re-anyone-else/

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

So they are doing a live feed event a week before the premiere. It's a shame they aren't mixing the online season into the new season, and starting the feeds day one.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

I agree, Over the Top definitely had a some nice changes introduced. Hopefully they'll at least consider the live diaries.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Here's hoping it's good this year

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

Here's hoping it's good this year
What's the over/under on mactors/bartenders this season?

I'm gonna set the o/u line at 16, with the median age of the hamsters at 21.75 years.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

BB18 was one of the best ever, how can you guys have forgotten? Here is my top ten best moments list so you can remember its greatness:

1.-10.:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm doing my usual hemming and hawing about whether I want to get sucked into this again like I do every summer, but on the pro side I basically just keep coming back to that gif.

edit: I have a problem because I've spent the last few hours just on and off re-reading last season's thread while watching baseball.

I just made this super weird discovery that in August 2016 a full two months before "Pussy Gate" Paulie excused his terribly sexist treatment of Natalie as "locker room talk."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2017 around 05:12

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So who can help me learn how to make gifs from the streams super easy for this season?

And what's the best free hosting site for images? I notice all mine from last year are gone, which makes me sad. Imgur?

edit: Oh, I use a Mac. That matters.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2017 around 02:19

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

A while back I used a program called Gif Cam or something like that. It basically threw a transparent window up that let you capture and then edit anything inside it. Not sure if there are better options today. It was a bit clunky. As for hosting, imgur is probably the easiest off the top of my head, but there are others I have seen people use for high quality gifs and clips. I just don't know their names. Starts with a G?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Are you thinking of Gfycat?

Also, if you have any sort of way to just record a straight video clip from your screen, Imgur has a tool that will automatically convert it to gifv for you. The size kinda sucks by comparison, but would probably be fine for just posting stuff in the thread.

Generic American fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2017 around 02:35

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Goodnight Canada!

https://giphy.com is another good option.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Generic American posted:

Also, if you have any sort of way to just record a straight video clip from your screen, Imgur has a tool that will automatically convert it to gifv for you. The size kinda sucks by comparison, but would probably be fine for just posting stuff in the thread.

Yeah I think I see people posting gfycat stuff a lot these days.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Generic American posted:

I'm clueless about this stuff. I've never recorded anything or gifed anything, at least not in this decade. I was making gifs 20 years ago with a cable wire plugged into my computer and Quicktime but I'm guessing that's not an option anymore.

I'll look and there's probably some kind of solution. At worst I'll go to one of the TVIV threads where there are gifs and ask someone. But I want to see if I can figure this out next week and make it easy just to have some more fun this season.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

I appreciate this. Big Brother gifs are much better than the episodes.

STAC, please don't give up. Your labors are better than forcing myself to watch this.

That said, I actually have CBS All Access for some reason. Probably Star Trek. Baseball is on, but, erm, timestamps could be fun and cool!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

Apparent image gallery link of the new cast:

http://bbfeedster.com/big-brother-1...o-gallery/alex/

Official reveal in a few hours.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Christmas Abbott, ugh.

She's from my hometown and is somewhat of a fitness "icon" who calls herself a crossfitter and runs a CF gym here. Let's just say....I'm not excited to see her on television based on the way I've seen her act towards some people in the local CF community here.

She will be a villain.

Your Taint
Nov 25, 2011

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a shitposter clothed with the sun, and the moon under his feet, and upon his head a crown of twelve cheeses.

Looks like an abnormal amount of annoying, douchey people this year.

I was holding out hope for an all star season.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Christmas Abbott

Christmas Abbott

Christmas ABBOTT

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

SweetJahasus posted:

Christmas Abbott, ugh.

She's from my hometown and is somewhat of a fitness "icon" who calls herself a crossfitter and runs a CF gym here. Let's just say....I'm not excited to see her on television based on the way I've seen her act towards some people in the local CF community here.

She will be a villain.

I mean this makes me way happier than "Christmas Abbott is cool and normal" would

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Fat Lowtax posted:

I mean this makes me way happier than "Christmas Abbott is cool and normal" would

Yeah, I suppose I can't argue there. I suppose it's just different separating the "character" on tv from the person when the person is in the same community as you. Hell, as a quasi-feedster, I hope she entertains.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

Jeff interviews now happening on the "live feeds" page.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Grimey Drawer

Teek posted:

Jeff interviews now happening on the "live feeds" page.

I just tuned in, I am 0/1 on liking the people thus far.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

This second guy is the worst person

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

Very loud and boisterous. Seems like he'll either go week one, or Devin himself out of the game a couple weeks in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SweetJahasus posted:

This second guy is the worst person

He is a BUSINESS MAN. I dunno, he seems like the guy that will join the biggest alliance he can find, do nothing all season, and act like he played it masterfully when cut near the end.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

Very loud and boisterous. Seems like he'll either go week one, or Devin himself out of the game a couple weeks in.

Yeah, I see this dude crying within 10 days.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Resident supernerd seems decent, we'll see if he can lay low.

E: ok I love Boston Dad

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2017 around 15:56

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

Old Boston Dad seems like he might be lost in the house. Wonder how he'll fit in.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Oh hi there Clay Corey Cody you sure do look interesting and very good television.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

"VIP concierge"

Papa John Misty
Dec 28, 2006

I wanna be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To train them is my cause.

TBH I'm just glad that (so far) there aren't any veterans or veterans' siblings/cousins/twins/sister-in-laws

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Papa John Misty posted:

TBH I'm just glad that (so far) there aren't any veterans or veterans' siblings/cousins/twins/sister-in-laws

That's saved for the surprise week 1 twist.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jeff didn't interview everyone did he? Seems like he missed a few that there were photos for, maybe they are the twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Am I a good man?

I didn't catch them all, but I didn't see any reports of anyone being skipped. Who do you think was missing?

«4 »