Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Teek posted:

I didn't catch them all, but I didn't see any reports of anyone being skipped. Who do you think was missing?

Did he interview the old guy that isn't the boston dad...Mark I think? I wasn't paying super close attention while working so it's possible he was just real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Mark is in his 20s, do you mean Matthew? He's 33 but has a lot of grey hair. He got interviewed.

Jason, or Whistlenut, is a total recruit. He's the recruitiest recruit.

"I love this show"
Jeff asks another question.
"I know I'm not supposed to admit this but I've never actually seen it..."

Casting also needs to ask Jeff's "Would you rather lose and be loved or win and be hated" during their interviews, and just dump anyone who says lose and be loved. Why even cast those people? Maybe we'd end up with a cast of assholes, but you have to wonder.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 19, 2017

nerox
May 20, 2001

Papa John Misty posted:

TBH I'm just glad that (so far) there aren't any veterans or veterans' siblings/cousins/twins/sister-in-laws

That Kevin guy looks a lot like Boogie to me. :thunk:

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Eltoasto posted:

Resident supernerd seems decent, we'll see if he can lay low.

E: ok I love Boston Dad

I love Boston Dad and also 2 of his children. They have a YouTube channel where they talk about Kpop (Korean pop) a LOT, and there are several videos of them showing him Kpop vids for him to react to. It's endearing. Here is one: https://youtu.be/W3aCjils6Nc

Look in their reactions playlist for more.

I feel like a lot of y'all will find the girls obnoxious and too loud, but I enjoyed it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat. The All Access coupon I was saving expired last week. I may have to pay the full $6 a month.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

violetdragon posted:

I love Boston Dad and also 2 of his children. They have a YouTube channel where they talk about Kpop (Korean pop) a LOT, and there are several videos of them showing him Kpop vids for him to react to. It's endearing. Here is one: https://youtu.be/W3aCjils6Nc

Look in their reactions playlist for more.

I feel like a lot of y'all will find the girls obnoxious and too loud, but I enjoyed it.

He's my favourite I don't have to see anyone else.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm all in on Boston Dad. (Please don't turn out to be a horrible monster).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

mallratcal posted:

I'm all in on Boston Dad. (Please don't turn out to be a horrible monster).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We're all sold on him, which means he's going to drop an n-bomb in the first week.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I've been watching BB Canada season 2 because I keep hearing how great it is.

Ika having to choose between the letters from home or 5 grand is one of the best things I've seen in any Big Brother.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Seriously. I'm hard pressed to think of a single moment in Big Brother better than that.

God I loved BB Canada 2.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 20, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

2017 Goat knows how to make gifs and was looking for an excuse to test it some more.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My letter from home would say "You are a fool if you are reading this."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

My letter from home would say "You are a fool if you are reading this."

Mine would be something like "Its been three weeks. Suck it up. You can cry when the bread you bought expires."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

STAC Goat posted:

2017 Goat knows how to make gifs and was looking for an excuse to test it some more.

So. loving. Good.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
BB also has the best gay man BB ever cast. I love you Kenny.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hated Kenny but I loved the part where he pretended to be straight and all the women fell in love with him.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 21, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It's interesting to watch a season without watching feeds or following updates, it's been a while since I've done that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

When I finally buy All Access I think I'm going to binge the Over the Top season. That should be a different change of pace since I haven't seen a feedless season since I became the obsessed person you all know.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

Mine would be something like "Its been three weeks. Suck it up. You can cry when the bread you bought expires."

Hahaha, I basically say that every time I see those goddamned letter moments.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

When I finally buy All Access I think I'm going to binge the Over the Top season. That should be a different change of pace since I haven't seen a feedless season since I became the obsessed person you all know.

No, don't.

[checks app] Woah, it's only 11 episodes and a buttload of clips. It was very much a live feeds experience.

How do you watch old BBCAN seasons?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously. I'm hard pressed to think of a single moment in Big Brother better than that.

God I loved BB Canada 2.

That Australian(I think) guy choosing to eat ice cream three times in a row had me howling

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I'm cautiously optimistic about this new twist. If we can get BBCan2 type drama from it weekly then it could be super good. We could also see a bunch of groupthink bullshit leading to the "safe" choice every week so hopefully we have enough selfish people this year to not do that.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

There's a Hollywood Reporter interview about this new season and a video of the house. I guess lots of Pandora's Box type stuff? And they might implement the no napping rule and there's no more roadkill.

Julie still keeping it real:

quote:

How many times have you wanted to come into the house and take someone out of the game?

Chen: I've wanted to take people out of the game, but I never want to come into the house. Actually on finale night I don't want to come in because there's this certain smell after three months. It's like stale, heavy and thick. It's like nothing you've ever smelled.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Here's BB's twist info:

When a brand-new crop of Houseguests enter the Big Brother house for the first time during the Season 19 premiere on Wednesday, June 28 at 8/7c, they'll be wooed with a batch of titilating twists that may leave them rethinking their initial strategies.

From Day 1, the HGs will step into the Summer of Temptation, where they'll be challenged like never before as they embark on a summer adventure filled with tempting offers that could give them money, power, and safety in the game.

BB fans know to expect the unexpected, so it's so surprise that a potential reward could come with a risk, which might turn the entire game on its head.

And that's just beginning!

Starting on Sunday, July 2 at 8/7c, the Houseguests will discover the Den of Temptation, a room that holds yet another enticement that, if accepted, will potentially unleash a game-breaking consequence upon the entire house.

Even better, America will get to vote for the Houseguests they want to send into the Den of Temptation, which lets fans influence the game in spectacular Big Brother fashion.

"Temptation has always been a part of Big Brother but this summer we are testing the Houseguests like never before," said Rich Meehan, Executive Producer, Big Brother. "There are so many different paths the game could take this season depending on what the Houseguests choose to do. With so many unknowns, we are excited to see how it all plays out."

Naturally, the Summer of Temptation will be visually represented in the house decor, which features apples and snakes galore.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1007285/big-brother-s-huge-new-twist-for-season-19-has-been-revealed/

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

Even better, America will get to vote for the Houseguests they want to send into the Den of Temptation, which lets fans influence the game in spectacular Big Brother fashion.

I missed that it was America picking who did this.

Never mind my previous optimism - this is going to be stupid and bad.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Each person will probably only be able to go to the Den once, so the fan favorites will all go in the first weeks for nothing prizes, and then the good stuff will go to the ones we hate the most.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it feels like it's going to be a repeat of last year's thing in that regard. Not good.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It seems like Sunday still needs a competition though. Possible that the HGs compete to see who is up for the temptation vote?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You don't NEED a Sunday challenge. Especially if there's a non-challenge gimmick that can occupy the same TV purpose and affect the game. Like, if every week a HG is being pulled aside to play a game or open a Pandora's Box or something that serves the same production purpose.

If they really want a challenge they can just do Have Nots ones.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey, here's a pointless post just so I can practice this gif thing and figure out how much of a pain it will be to do on the fly. They revealed the house.

Theme of the season is "Temptation" so there's a kind of lame apple tree at the door of the house, which we'll never see on the feeds because that's a weird angle.

Julie spends a lot of time explaining the significance of "Power", "Alliance", and "Money." Apparently they have something to do with Big Brother.

The "Money" bedroom. Julie explains that its supposed to look like your dad's den, which calls up all kinds of jokes about her husband that I'm going to avoid to try and stay nice until I learn to hate a HG. This is the only bedroom they show so no idea about the closed in room or the Have Not room.

The bathroom, looking all shiny and clean and fancy. The HGs are probably moving in right about now and seeing it for the first time, and it will be utterly unrecognizable when feeds turn on.

The parlour is apple themed this year. That couch setup looks uncomfortable as gently caress and I imagine it will be gone by the time feeds turn on.

Nothing interesting upstairs. There's a door but I think that's always there.

HOH room is all gold. I got nothing. I don't think I see a door for a second HOH room.

Maybe the only relevant thing in the video, there are lock boxes in the HOH room that require two keys. That could easily be a thing during the season, especially with this Temptation twist stuff.

Ok, I'm done. That wasn't too bad. Practice makes perfect.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Why in the world do they keep having problems designing the parlor? It seems they're really set on putting some form of completely uncomfortable sitting monstrosity in there which they have to quickly switch out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's probably some design team that gets carried away trying to make the place unique and memorable never really thinking about "living" in it or the game. Like, besides the fact that the parlor couch looks awkward and doomed its counter productive because you want that room to be as comfortable and open as possible because its there for gaming. Its funny because a week or two in the place is so "lived in" you don't actually notice anything unique besides the Have Not room and the bedroom names. Unless there's some big change like the phone booth.

So two things I just read that seem to be adapted from Over The Top.

- Jeff will now be doing live interviews with the evictees on the feeds after the live show. This sucks if it blocks the feeds since post eviction/HOH feeds are awesome but from the sounds of it OTT would air DRs in 1 feed and leave the other 3 open? So hopefully its that.

- There's apparently a rule that they can't sleep between 10 AM and 10 PM, which sounds like the sort of thing they wouldn't enforce but I guess OTT had that rule too and it worked out fine.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They didn't enforce it on OTT. There'd be an announcement on the speaker a few times but if someone ignored it they'd just give up.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, Danielle was well known last season to just keep sleeping. Perhaps main line BB would take it more personally since there are more eyeballs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ah, well that's what I figured. I saw people on Survivor Sucks talking about it like it was actually effective on OTT. But amongst their many character flaws they also seem to have really liked that season, so who knows what they're thinking?

But yeah, I assume it will get enforced a bit and gradually fade away. If everyone's just sleeping in the afternoon for no reason maybe they'll do something about it, but if the house is active they'll let that one or two napping person disappear as they always do or let Donny go to bed at 8 PM every night.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm doing my annual dumpster dive into the cesspools that are Big Brother fandom...

There's a really popular rumor that Paul is coming back, which has already exhausted me and sucked away some of my enthusiasm. There's some fan theory that the first "temptation" will be someone being offered some sort of prize and getting immediately evicted and replaced with Paul. There doesn't seem to be anything to support that but I did notice that the second episode of the season on Friday has "eviction" in the description.

On the bright side as best as I can tell no one's uncovered any especially damning social media behavior from any of the HGs. Just the usual weirdness, randomness, personality flaws, and fame seeking.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Paul coming back would not be friendship

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Anyone from last season returning would kill my interest in the season imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I could justify a couple of players getting a second chance, and Paul would probably be one of them. But yeah, I'm hoping for a newbie season here and BB should save the returnees for themed seasons or something. Do All Stars or half newbie/vet at 20 or something, but leave some newbie seasons clean.

But again, its worth saying there doesn't seem to be a lot supporting the rumor besides like Paul talking about returning and disappearing from twitter or something. It just seems really popular in the BB world. But the BB fandom is insane, obsessive, and conspiratorial so it could be nothing.

• Locked thread