Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I doubt he's lying about being in the military, but wouldn't be surprised if he grossly exaggerates every bit of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Apparently it happened when Jason and Christmas were horsing around. She was riding(?) on Jason's back as he ran around the backyard and then slipped. She then fell and snapped/broke her ankle/foot.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Christmas (who has almost definitely had sports injuries before) immediately said it was a break and Cody said he saw a bone through the bottom of her foot. I would be, uh, very surprised if they were both wrong

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Just said on the feed that she has gone to an urgent care and they don't know what is happening. Looking forward to Cody bragging about eliminating 3 people in one week.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

If she is out I hope production makes Cody put someone else on the block just to gently caress with him.

nerox
May 20, 2001
The real curse is that second nomination chair.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

mallratcal posted:

If she is out I hope production makes Cody put someone else on the block just to gently caress with him.

At this point it would have to be Jessica right, just the natural progression of how this showmance has gotten away from her.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Man, if Christmas is gone for good then that's extra sad/hilarious for Chemistry Kid getting knocked out on day one.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

We're down so many houseguests without a standard eviction yet. Quick, what are Frankie and Rachel up to? Just start throwing in old houseguests every time someone takes a temptation until its an all stars season.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Jillian is the Queen of the Pawns.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas!:(

Was not expecting to come home to that news.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

bagrada posted:

At this point it would have to be Jessica right, just the natural progression of how this showmance has gotten away from her.

And somehow it will all be a part of his master plan.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Hearing a few rumblings that Christmas was removed from game.

Edit:I suck and she's back in and it serves me right for not leaving it to STAC

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 3, 2017

Max
Nov 30, 2002

She's back

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas just came back into the house on crutches. "Definitely tore some ligaments in the arch of my foot." She's getting an MRI on Wednesday. "Nothing majorly broken."

Its good she's back in the game, but she's obviously no longer the beast she seemed like she could be. And this week's game is effectively over. Seeya, Jillian. Your reign ruining the lives of everyone you sit on the block with is over.

Mark: I just got a little sick.
Mark's a charmer.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It sounds like it's pending an MRI on Wednesday to see how bad it really is.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why are Cody Jess and Mark sequestering themselves upstairs right now?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Max posted:

Why are Cody Jess and Mark sequestering themselves upstairs right now?

Because they're douchebags who can't work up sympathy for Christmas and are really annoyed that everyone thinks Cody is a snake just because he broke his word, nominated two of his allies, didn't tell any of his other allies, and made a bunch of deals with the other side of the house that included his allies and exposed their alliance.

Cody, Jessica, and Mark holed up in HOH discussing how "obnoxious" and "disgusting" it is that Christmas is back and the implications on their game. They now expect the HOH to be "changed" from the endurance comp they were 100% sure it would be on Thursday to a mental one she can compete in. Jessica brings up Elena and Mark says he doesn't want to talk about her and she's pissing him off wanting to talk about poo poo. "I'm more like simple." From your lips, Mark. They discuss the possibility of still voting out Christmas but Cody thinks its a lock and Matt, Dom, and Raven won't budge and Jessica says Paul "told" Kevin to vote Jillian out.

Earlier in the day Cody did his HOH blog and was apparently yelling at people to leave him alone and caused a bit of a stir and pissed off Jessica. The fall from HOH is going to be tough for Cody. He's socially awkward as gently caress and he spends 20 hours a day in HOH. He hasn't had to adjust to the BB house or socialize with these people at all and I'm not sure he can. Jessica's not that far behind because she's barely left the HOH bed the last week and she's pretty open about the fact that she "can't stand to have a conversation" with half the house, and that number's only getting bigger.

Cody repeats the amazing logic of "If Paul hadn't lied I never would have put him up", which is really "If Paul had told me he was immune from nomination I never would have nominated him."

Christmas: They say we're going to figure it out as we go but they're not going to take me out.
Becky stayed in the game with a broken toe, Victoria stayed in after her medical emergency, and Bridgette played most of her game with a messed up ankle that wasn't healed on finale night. So unless Christmas NEEDS major surgery that can't be done and back in a day my guess is its going to be her decision. But keep in mind fitness is her profession and if it is serious and she has time to think she may not risk it not healing properly by staying in the game.

HOH crew still whining. They think its a joke that Christmas is saying Cody gave him her word. Jessica's super bent out of shape that Christmas is coming after Cody and anyone who is with him/against her and still laughably thinks that can turn Matt, Raven, and Elena.

Its worth noting everyone's come around to wish Christmas well but Cody and Mark haven't left HOH. Elena comes in to tell them and the entire talk stops and it gets very uncomfortable. Elena leaves and Jessica says she felt that was uncomfortable, but Mark doesn't care. Elena tells Raven and Paul about it and that it was clearly a tense situation. Elena says its disrespectful they're not even coming down to say hi to Christmas. They're all sketched out. Elena incorrectly believes Mark will tell her what's going on.

Jillian joins the HOH crew to try and rally the vote to save herself. There's nothing super relevant said. Jillian's less clued in then Cody and Jessica. Jason joins and nothing really gets added. Jason asks if they're "legitimately" voting out Christmas and repeats his fear that this is "some bullshit" con job. Cody and Jessica assure him its real.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Maaaaaan people aren't happy about Cody and crew not coming down when Christmas came back.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oof, I get that they don't know why Meghan left but it sucks seeing them talk about her that way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Elena tells Paul she's "still on stand by" but if she finds out Mark's doing something with Cody and Jessica she's turning it off. Paul says she's clearly out of the loop with something there. Elena continues to make some passive excuses for Mark. She can't read him at all because he barely conceals his contempt when she questions him.

Mark emerges from HOH and Paul and Elena ask him what's going on upstairs. Paul thinks the HOH blog uproar earlier might have been Cody getting some kind of Temptation or Power. Mark says he knows nothing about that and lies about wanting Christmas to stay. He admits he's playing both sides and telling them that his vote's up for grabs, which seems like a dumb move, but says he's just doing that to keep the peace. Elena says it wasn't a good look that they were sequestered up there and didn't come down for Christmas. After Paul leaves Mark confides in Elena he's still "torn." Elena (who tends to ramble and get legitimately annoying) basically says "well you gotta make a decision and pick a side." How does Mark feel about this and Elena?

Jessica correctly tells Cody that their allies (Elena, Matt, Raven) are freaking out about the HOH/Mark/Jillian/Jason stuff. Despite being correct she doesn't get out of bed and do something about it.

Matt, Raven, and Paul are more sketched out by Mark's unquestionably sketchy behavior.

Alex tells Jillian and Jason that Paul's getting paranoid about the HOH meeting. Its chaotic as it usually is with these three. Alex wants them to get more game and not let Paul or others get in their heads.

Mark tries to work Josh but is interrupted by Elena. When everyone leaves.
Mark: I'm loving sick of this poo poo.

Jessica tells Paul that she's heard it from multiple people including Christmas that shes targeting her so she has no loyalty left. Paul says he's not Christmas and they're not playing the same game. Jessica asks if he'll put her up with Cody and Paul says no. Jessica doesn't believe him and Paul says then she doesn't know his game, that move might make some people happy but doesn't help him. He asks if people are saying he'll do that and if they are they're lying. Jessica says she can't ignore that Paul is connected to Christmas and Paul says he can spin that right back at her and Cody. Jessica settles the "power" question by telling Paul it was just teh HOH blog. Paul explains to Jessica that if Cody is her biggest ally and she fights for him she's going to get linked with him by basic BB strategy. She claims to understand. Jess says Paul is campaigning to keep Christmas, Paul says he's telling people why he's keeping her but not "campaigning", whatever that means. Jess ask for his word that he won't put her up with Cody and he gives it again.

Paul: You're not my enemy.
Jessica: I hope not.

They rehash Cody's stupidity. Jess says he just did it "for the thrill of it."
Jessica: Nobody likes to get blindsided. I was blindsided.
Paul: But you're going to bat for someone who did it.

Paul asks where she stands with the house and Jess says if she gets a chance she's still going after Alex and she wants nothing to do with the other side. Paul says Cody seems pretty gung ho on working with them and Jess confirms. Jessica is basically telling Paul everything she knows or is thinking. Paul points out that keeping Jillian is keeping one of that side and Jessica says she's certain Jillian's not coming after her. Paul tells her to to think that over. Jess is trying to make room between her and Cody saying that even if Paul had gone up Cody wouldn't have had the votes to take him out. Then Jess kind of openly speculates/roots on the idea of Christmas having to leave the game.

Elena must realize what's going on with Mark because she's crying alone in the back room. Christmas hobbles in and Elena confirms her sketchiness about all the Mark, Jess, and Cody stuff. Elena says there's a lot of chaos and when she feels "uncalm" she excuses herself from the room and goes and prays alone. That's probably not the best game strategy. Christmas is sketched out by Mark's behavior and him still not saying anything to her or anything, either about the nomination or the foot. Elena defends him poorly as needing to figure things out. Christmas doesn't get why he needs to figure it out because she was clearly the victim and she thought he was one of her closest people.

Mark tells Jason that "true colors" are showing and making him reevaluate who he wants to work with in the game. Mark tells Jason to trust Paul and anything said stays between "us three."

Elena informs Cody and Matt that Christmas is loopy on pain meds so Cody goes to try and see what kind of reaction he gets from her. She says "hey." He says nothing, hugs her, and leaves. Hu-man interaction.

Christmas: Hey!
Cody:...
Josh: He wants you out.
Christmas: I know he wants me out.

Christmas is coaching Josh on how to campaign for her. She says Cody's playing both sides of the house and already betrayed her and Paul. Josh says he's gonna backdoor Cody if he wins HOH and Christmas tells him to keep that to himself and don't tell anyone his plans. She's a little loopy but that oddly seems to work with Josh.

Elena and Matt discuss that they can't read Cody. Paul joins and pushes his agenda.

Christmas tells Dom that Cody is openly recruiting the other side. She says Cody came downstairs last night and told them she wants to work with them because he's tired of working with people who have "shaky feet." (I have no idea if that's true but it sounds like the stuff he's telling Mark and Jess). Christmas tells her about the awkward hug and says he just did that because people were talking about him not consoling her. Dom, "C'mon, Cody! I'm vouching for you!" Christmas says Mark can't look him in the eye. Dom thought they were good and has to talk to Mark. Christmas warns Dom not to talk to Ramses because he's a spy. Christmas saying Cody is getting an attitude and is working hard, that he's never downstairs and has never been in the bedrooms before. Christmas remains a little loopy and is kind of free consciousness gaming.

Mark's whining to Elena about... I don't know. The usual poo poo. Matt wanders over and its more of the same. Matt and Elena can't trust Cody and would never vote out Christmas, Mark lies and agrees and then complains he's in a tough situation. Mark's calling Elena a hypocrite for something. He hates her. She apologizes. Matt awkwardly leaves. Elena talks about Mark's dick.

Paul comes in and tells Christmas and Dom that "you got an army brewing" and she may have lost Jason (she never really had him).

Christmas: I swear to God, that motherfucker breaks my god damned foot and then flips on me I WILL cut his jugular.

Paul says he's gonna work on that and Christmas correctly identifies that Jason thinks this is all a ploy. Paul thinks they're ok if they have Kevin. Paul says Cody and Jessica are freaking out and campaigning. He recounts his convo with Jess. Christmas voices her concerns about Mark avoiding her and spending all his time with Cody. Paul defends him as emotional and uncomfortable and trying to find a way to stay good with both sides. Dom says she needs to talk to him and hasn't been able to since everything happened. Paul tells Dom to pull him together today because he's out on the hammock staring at the sky.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jess could've been interesting but she's so far up
cody's rear end at this point that she's completely ruined

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas with Alex. Cody can't be trusted. Blah blah blah. She tells her story. Alex says the outsiders aren't really a group. She says Jason is her #1 and Jillian is her "floater" friend but she has no idea about Ramses or Kevin. A lot of comparing notes about Cody's sketchiness and Alex laughs at the notion that she trusts him after he already put her up. Christmas says he's still playing his team and they don't know he tried to jump ship last night, so maybe that story she told Dom was true? I've not seen Christmas tell a clear lie so far so benefit of the doubt. Ultimately Alex politely says she's still voting to keep Jillian.

Dom and Matt go back to Mark and Elena. They inform Mark that Cody now wants to bring Alex and Jason to jury replacing Paul and Christmas. They "respectfully disagree." They intend to still target Alex and Jason and hope to get Cody back in check. Dom says she's heard that Cody's heavily recruiting the other side. Matt says he's doing that to cover his rear end for this next week. Elena says they have Kevin and with Mark they can keep Christmas and she's a vote for them even if she can't compete. Dom asks who can convince Jason. Matt says he's keeping Jillian, Dom brings up the idea of him breaking Christmas' leg and owing her. Elena rambles that she thinks Jason is smart enough to "see the fallacies."

Matt: Its crazy that my two biggest targets are people he [Cody] wants to bring to jury.

Christmas and Paul made a HARD press on Jason and Alex. Like HARD. One might say "bullying." Paul was berating Jason that he was screwing up and weak and needed to listen to him. He was pissed off because he thinks Jason told Cody/Jessica that he was campaigning for Christmas. Paul kept on with stuff like he was doing him a favor offering to play with him so he needs to get it together. Christmas wasn't that bad but she was pretty aggressive herself, somewhat uncharacteristically so (maybe gaming on pain meds isn't the best idea). Jason and Alex did not like it at all. They go all over the place about what they should do. Work with Paul? Work with Cody? They're kind of spinning out and can't figure out what's going on. They figure out it was Jillian who is talking to Cody/Jessica and agree not to talk much game with her because they think she's going nuts and they agree to try and keep each other sane with all the crazy and paranoia.

Alex: Also, the DR isn't helping with the loving questions they ask. "Tell us why you trust this person." Because I loving do! Are you trying to tell me something?!

Mark had more conversations about his feelings with Matt and Raven and may or may not be voting out Christmas.

Christmas bitches to Matt and Raven that Cody whispered "I can see the bone coming out of your foot" when he was carrying her to the medics. She thinks he was trying to gently caress with her and didn't offer "good luck" or condolences or anything.

Alex and Jason are trying to figure out who to work with. Mark, Elena, Cody, Jillian, Christmas, Paul, Kevin, Josh all get their names said. Alex doesn't trust Ramses (Elena seems like the only person in the house who does). Alex doesn't trust Christmas but still can't figure out why Cody put her up hosed himself to protect them and want answers. Jason's just pissed off Paul is pressing him so hard so early in the week.

Mark and Elena. Again. They have a lot of feelings about their friends fighting.

Jason and Alex scheme about a F4 of Cody and Mark. Which is dumb as gently caress.

Cody (while once again sequestered in HOH with Jessica) expresses that he only feels comfortable with her and Mark. Next week should be fun for Cody downstairs. I really hope someone doesn't win HOH who lets him hide up there. Just to confirm how out of touch he is Cody asks on Day 13 if Mark and Elena are sharing a bed and Jessica gossips that Mark has a single and Christmas called a double and wouldn't give it up.

Cody: Cock block! Isn't that some kind of girl code!
Jessica: For sure!

The discussion of beds make Cody realize they'll have to sleep downstairs in a few days. Jessica's hoping some couple wins HOH so they can just switch.

Jason questioning Paul on the Cody stuff. Paul says Cody just wanted to make a big move. Jason can't wrap his mind around why Cody threw the POV and made deals with him and Alex. Paul asks "Do you think Jessica likes you?" Jason says no and Paul asks how he hopes to work with Cody then? Jason says the only hard time he'd have would be nominating Cody but he's fine voting him out. Paul says Cody's own allies are just as confused by Cody's actions as Jason. He says Jason and Alex are just Cody's backup plan if the 8 other people he's allied with don't protect him. Jason doesn't understand why it matters between Jillian and Christmas if they're both against Cody and now Christmas' leg is bum. Paul says she'll heal quick and she's just better to be around, which Jason agrees with.

Jessica: Oh Christmas, you let me down, kid.
There's no context for that at all, she just randomly blurts it out. Then Cody calls Cameron "Carmen." Cody boasts about mocking him and Megan in his HOH blog. He also ranted about the fairness of putting a vet in and 3 weeks of safety and calls BB "loving dickheads" who screwed him (Cody's still under the impression this all would have been fine if Paul was up and he would have gone home unanimously). These two are in their own little world.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I notice on the feeds they don't really socialize as much as everyone else which is, you know, not so great for their game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Max posted:

I notice on the feeds they don't really socialize as much as everyone else which is, you know, not so great for their game.

They don't. They socialized with the showmances, Dom, Christmas, and Paul. Cody is Cody, an anti-social weirdo, but Jessica was better. And the showmances, Dom, Christmas, and Paul spent a lot of time in HOH with them. But then POV happened and every one but Mark has been avoiding HOH while Cody and Jessica started avoiding the house almost entirely. They weren't doing a great job socially before POV but ever since then they've turned themselves into complete pariahs and everyone's sketched out by them (except Mark) so aren't throwing them any lifelines.

Jessica's always saying how she can't stand to even talk to the "outsiders" and is now starting to turn against Elena, Raven, Matt, and Dom for supporting Christmas and "betraying" her. And Cody confessed today that he's uncomfortable around everyone except her and Mark. These two are screwed in this game after Thursday. If one of them goes soon the other could fall back as a non-threat but I'd be very surprised to see both make Jury.

Unless a few more people go this week and Jury starts Thursday.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can't recall seeing a worse liar than Mark in all of the seasons I've watched.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin promised Alex/Jillian his vote after promising Christmas/Paul his vote yesterday. So who knows?

Jessica reveals she tested positive for E during the physical.

Elena and Cody have a long talk. I barely listened because its Elena and Cody but the high notes are Cody apologized for making a big move that affected the group without their involvement and Elena's still voting to keep Christmas. Apparently Jessica was part of this for awhile trying to turn Elena's vote and stormed off.

Mark and Dom sit down for the first time since the chaos. Dom says she doesn't want to tell him what to do but if it was her she'd play the middle as much as she can until she's forced to with HOH. She says she needs him to stop making it so obvious he's tight with Cody because "Cody is the enemy" and he is guilty by association. Mark whines about that being hard. Dom tells him to check his emotions and Elena is good as an outlet but Mark says he needs a new one because she's pissing him off. Mark likes Jessica so much because even though Cody put her in an awful position she's still standing by him while Elena questions him. Dom calls that "cute" (I call it misogynistic) but points out she had no other play. Dom says she's stuck the same way Mark is [with Elena] and Mark insists he could "switch sides" if he flipped the vote. Dom laughs at him. Dom lets Mark know that Christmas and others are sketched out he's avoiding her and he says he'll talk to her. Dom says to settle their issue but Mark says the only people who know he has an issue with her are Dom and Paul (because Paul will never tell the person you just forced him to ally closely with). Mark confesses he felt personally ill seeing her back in the house and no sympathy for her injury. Mark confirms what we know that his issue with Christmas has nothing to do with game and entirely to do with her bringing up his showmance. Dom tells him to get over it and realize Christmas isn't a threat to his game. Jessica storms past them and Dom expresses her concerns about her and implies that if she wins HOH she might "pull a Cody" and put up Jess. Apparently everyone's crazy in this game. More of Dom thinking Cody is into her (I think this is crazy). Mark reveals he no longer likes Raven.

Jessica's flipping the gently caress out about Elena staying loyal to Christmas. After POV Jess had the deluded notion that even thought Cody betrayed their alliance she could reunite them with Cody to go against Christmas. Over the last 24 hours she's convinced herself that them voting to keep Christmas is actually a betrayal of her and Cody since Christmas will come after them. Jessica announces Elena's an idiot and she's going to send her home next week. Jess declares that Elena's problem is she's been safe the entire game (all one week) and has had to do nothing so she can't relate to Jessica fighting.

Jessica: You should stop telling her you're going to protect her to the end of the world because she needs to know what fear of leaving this house feels like.

Mark apologizes to Christmas for avoiding her the last day. Mark explains it away as him being shocked by the nom and immediately going into defensive mode assuming Paul and Christmas were coming after all of them. Blah blah emotions, torn. Christmas rehashes her stance and the fact that Cody "lied" and Mark kinda defends Cody and gets caught by saying he thought Kevin would be the nom when everyone else has said Jason so Christmas says she feels like she's getting played by someone. Mark gets it back on track saying he's here to apologize for his actions, not Cody's. High Christmas gets a little more on track and thanks him for coming and apologizing and saying him avoiding her really hurt her because she felt he was one of her closest people. Christmas gets some tears and brings up Mark not even coming downstairs when she came back in the house. Mark apologizes again and says he's emotional. Again. Christmas says he's "caring" which is why it surprised her. Mark says when he feels like he's "being attacked" he pushes away. Emotions, push back, feelings, push back.

Cody says he can't talk to Matt anymore. Says whenever he speaks he sounds like a "big ole' vagina." Says he says things like "that was such a dumb move." Jess says "another person who hasn't done anything." Jess says they literally mapped out a gameplan to fix things and everyone's just ignoring it. Jess says everyone thinks she's insane sticking to Cody but Matt's doing the same thing sticking to Raven and Elena's loving up Mark's game. Apparently none of them are looking at the bigger picture. Cody says he thinks Mark is done with the others and with them. Jess really hopes Christmas goes and she wins HOH so Elena feels dumb. Cody says they'll all kiss her rear end and she should do like him and not say a thing. Cody says that Dom and them noticed she was upset and were talking about it and Jess says that's good because she wants them to know she's pissed at them (good game, Jess).

After much talking Christmas and Mark hug. Christmas has done a good job with this and says she's in no position to go to war and go after Cody (which is basically what Mark needed to hear yesterday). Christmas disputes the notion that she tried to turn Jess against Cody (it was iffy) and says she just had to ask for her vote to do her due diligence and explains her take on that conversation. Mark promises Christmas she's staying. Christmas gets teary again talking about how it looked when Mark stuck with Cody after Cody backstabbed her. Christmas says the only reason she called Cody out was so people would know she didn't do anything to cause that. Mark says he doesn't regret supporting Cody but he should have recognized that Cody created the situation and Christmas was the victim and supported her too. "It was unexecusable and a lovely thing to do." Another emotional hug. Christmas still wants to "change the way Big Brother is played" like all Week 1 mega alliances do. Its very emotional and drawn out and intimate now and this is what Mark needed and responds to. He's repeatedly apologizing for his actions and making her feel this way and she's sharing and thanking him and giving tons of positive reinforcement.

Paul: Are they crying? God drat it. She's very emotional too.
Dom: I'm so glad you picked that up.

Paul and Elena tell Dom how Jessica's pissed off that they're "betraying" her keeping Christmas. Dom says that's interesting since she's gotten none of that Elena wonders why more is expected from them. Paul wonders especially him (Because Jess has gone insane).

Christmas and Mark have been pouring their hearts out to each other for close to two hours and now Mark is sobbing while Christmas tells Mark what a good person he is, how many beautiful gifts he has, and that this is the burden of a big heart that you have equal amount of pain.

Elena: Are they in love? Should I be concerned?
Raven: That is unreal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark: I have the most amazing conversations with you.
Christmas: That's probably because I'm not a dickhead.
Mark: You're such an amazing woman.

Mark: Words can't even explain how thankful I am to have you in my life right now.

Mark: You're the one on the block with a messed up foot, and I'm the one crying. And you're still listening.
Christmas: This is what I'm built for. My fans say I'm bad rear end but its not because of my athletic ability, its because I've trained my mental capacity and I have deep empathy.
Mark: You have such a beautiful heart, though.
Christmas: I just love to help people.
Mark: You're amazing.

Kevin and Alex are watching this now 2 hour affair and Kevin's saying they gotta get these people out and promises his vote. Says they need to win HOH and take down that core. Kevin says they gotta rope over Paul. Alex says Paul wants to lead but he needs to get on board. Alex calls Christmas a horse with a bum leg and they gotta put her down.

We get a quick shot of Jessica complaining to Raven that everyone is tying her to Cody. Raven says her and Matt don't blame her. We quickly jump away. We're back. Jessica's laying it on thick that Christmas threatened her. Jessica says plainly that if they vote to keep Christmas she'll feel stabbed in the back. Raven says she sees where she's coming for and its a messy situation.

Matt and Elena are annoyed that Mark gave them so much poo poo for being emotional about Christmas and now he's an emotional wreck. Dom loves it.

Mark tells Dom about his emotional breakthrough with Christmas. Mark says he just can't bullshit Christmas and he's got the goofiest grin on his face. Mark says he couldn't face that he and Cody were truly in the wrong.

Elena's recapping her Jessica problems with Christmas.

I'd turn on feeds because I think there's a Jessica/Christmas thing coming.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 4, 2017

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dom is really good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dom and Christmas are the best "emotional connection/manipulation" players. I don't know that either are manipulating but they clearly have the ability to do it. They connect with people on serious emotional levels, which makes sense since they're both professional coaches/mentors/whatever. Both get a little aggressive though and that could wear thin.

Also, I think they might clash as rivals because of this. Especially now that Christmas has connected so deeply with Mark and shown she can control him. Dom's been the one doing that till now and Dom could see Christmas as a threat to that power.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lmao Jessica bragging about manipulating people as two others do it better at the same time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I want Jessica to lose this SOOOO bad. Like, more than I want Christmas to stay. I want Jessica to spend the next couple of days making threats, think she has the votes, and then sit there and watch Jillian go home and Christmas win HOH.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Wow, Raven is tearing down Jessica now too. I imagine they would still go for easy targets initially next week, but Jess and Cody really have nothing at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jessica wishes people could put themselves in her shoes and tells Raven that if Christmas can do this to one couple she can do this to any couple.

Elena isn't buying Jessica's poo poo and she and Christmas are saying how she's pretending Cody didn't cause all this and is the one who betrayed trust. Christmas says she's feeling a lot better about the vote, her position, and her foot. Says she's been through a lot worse.

Cody: So which side of the house do you feel better with?
Jessica says she had a talk with Raven and if she's not going to respond to logic she turned on the water works to appeal to emotion. "They just need to see the light. I want our team back together." Cody says Matt's a "little pussy." Jess says she plans to talk to Elena again but not tonight or she might strangle her. Cody is very impressed by his villain queen.

Paul explains dental dams to Josh in the storage room, an annual thing really.

I never recap Kevin because he never talks game but he's hilarious and has amazing stories. I'd never do them justice to try and retell them.

The Have Nots are done and they're all stressing about the bed situation. Raven and Jess are back together Mean Girling about Josh being the heart of the whole problem.

Jess thinks Christmas crutch walked strategically past the parlor when she was talking to Raven. Cody says she's losing her mind. Cody has now totally convinced Jessica that he was right to betray his alliance to work with the other side because they aren't doing what they want now that Cody's betrayed them.

Raven's asking Christmas about the Jessica stuff. Christmas gives her account and denies threatening Jess. Raven says Jess "just twisted" it. Christmas says she's paranoid and isolated but just let her vent. Raven says she completely trusts Christmas, that didn't sound like her, and her vote isn't changing. "She can suck it up, buttercup."

Jess and Cody are laughing about the hopelessness of Christmas' situation and how badly she's playing things. And the fact that she's on crutches.

Raven tells Matt Jess "isn't playing smart" and she doesn't like the game she's starting play. Raven says Jess said she felt isolated from them and Matt says "Good Lord." Raven says Jess said that Christmas said she was gunning for Jess and Matt immediately says "That's not true." Raven says Jess complained about being linked to Cody. Matt? "She needs to figure that out herself." Raven says Jess is lying and doing Cody's dirty work. Matt, "Maybe you just made a bad decision of who you aligned with." Raven says Jess asked what Christmas would do for them that they won't. Matt? "Not put us in this dogshit position for starters?"

Matt: It is absolutely ridiculous for Jessica to make this about her.
Raven: I had a feeling she'd be selfish, and this just confirms to me that she knew Paul was going up.

Paul joins them and Raven tells him everything. Dom joins in and Paul gloats that he told Dom they'd try and draw a line in the sand and they just did. Raven says Jess said it wasn't fair for her to be isolated and Dom says "She did that." They're all in agreement that Jess knew about the noms. Raven says Jess said if she doesn't stick with Cody America will hate her and Paul lays it on that America will hate her for going against America's Favorite. Paul is glad that they're seeing Cody and Jessica for real now. Christmas joins and Paul tells her to make sure not to play into the Jess' stuff.

Jessica done blown her game up good at the exact same time Christmas may have been saving hers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin tells Jason they have to get Mark out next. Jason wants to work with him.

Matt's pissed off (or at least says he is) and says the last thing he wanted to do this early is get in it with them. Matt calls Cody a maniac and Raven says they might have to send Jessica home too the way she came after her. Raven says that Jessica tried to use her disease saying Cody puts her on a pedestal. Matt says that this morning Cody told him the reason he wants Alex and Jason in the jury is to get rid of Jess and Raven. Raven says she's "over them." Matt still wants them to play the middle. Raven agrees but says Jess basically said that she's gonna draw the line. Raven complains about Jess comparing her and Cody to Matt and Raven. Matt says they haven't even kissed. Raven, "And she's all hot to trot." Raven calls Jess "vindictive".

Matt: What the hell is she going to do? Work with Alex?
Raven: I don't understand. I really don't.

Raven: I think we're the two most genuine people in the house.
Matt: Well Paul too.
Raven: Yeah, Paul too.

Jason: Look at that bald head, that's a good lookin' bald head!
Alex: Are your relatives on your mom's side bald?
Jason: They're all dead!
Kevin: They're all bald now, if they weren't before!
Alex: Because baldness comes from your mom's side!
Jason: That's all heresay garbage!
Alex: You mean science?

Alex and Jillian count votes. They believe they have Josh and Kevin, as Christmas does. They don't know about Mark after the Christmas thing but Cody assured them he had him. They're not great at math because they count up 7 votes not counting Josh.

We join a Mark/Elena conversation in progress with Mark saying "If you feel differently about me fine but I'm going to do everything in my power to get the same nine to jury." I assume that means he's planning to keep Christmas but keep working with Cody and Jess? We cut away and then come back to Mark saying "And that's why I can't open up to you." Elena says "Thanks for telling me" and walks away. So some deep stuff happening over there. Christmas might have accidently talked Mark into breaking up with Elena.

Jess is complaining how badly Elena hurt her by saying she'd vote to keep Christmas because she's like her sister. Cody asks if Mark has influence and Jess says if Mark pushes too much she thinks she'll walk away. Cody thinks that would be good and Jess says they need numbers. Cody thinks they're good and have a "good grasp on both sides." Cody says he's going to just keep making week-to-week deals. Cody says he's the only connection between the two sides, showing he has no concept of Paul's game. Jess and Cody talk about how they just hold people to higher standards.

Jessica: The other side I haven't spent as much time with so I don't know how to manipulate their weaknesses.

Christmas tells Dom she had a great conversation with Mark and she sees a lot of the old her in Mark. Dom thanks her. Christmas says they still have a good core group, someone just went rogue.

Cody staying PC.

Paul's running around the house saying that Cody told him they're "two generals preparing for war." Everyone is having a good laugh.

BB: CODY, COME TO THE DIARY ROOM
Kevin: That's like the third time today.
Alex: Because he did shady poo poo and screwed his team.

This is random, but do people know that BB17's Austin is now this?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And since I brought up another random wrestler, am I the only one who thinks Mark might secretly be this guy?

Jessica boasting to Mark that she threatened Elena/Raven. Mark says he talked to Christmas for the first time since it happened and apologized for the way he behaved. He says Christmas said she specifically said she didn't blame Jess for Cody's actions and that's what she told Elena. Jess says she's backtracking. Matt says he isn't taking a side but says he's going to vote to keep Christmas but still wants to work with Cody and Jess. Jess gives the aggressive press she gave Raven and Elena that they're stabbing her in the back and drawing a line. Jess says they have the numbers and he's picking the wrong side. There's a pretty implicit threat. Mark also says he may have hosed his game up tonight with three people but won't say who besides Elena. Cody joins. Jess says she can't stand giving people "pure logic" and them ignoring it. Cody says they have the whole house and the rest are all going to fold in fear. Mark waffles again and says he's not 100% on his vote and he has to see if people are sketchy the next few days. Mark is upset about the conversation he had with Elena. Cody asks if she "shut things down" and Mark says "something like that." Cody is insistent that they have the numbers and Mark flips back to voting out Christmas.

Elena's talking to Paul and she seems fine. They're just counting votes and general game talk.

Raven interrupts to ask if Elena can sleep in HOH if there's no bed. Cody says its fine and Raven goes to check. Jessica throws a fit and says she's sleeping downstairs because she won't sleep in a bed with someone who stabbed her in the back. Cody goes out to revoke the invitation. Elena says she wasn't going to accept it because she knows Jess is mad. Elena doesn't know what to do to make Jess happy.

Mark says if they vote out Christmas Elena, Raven, Matt, and Dom won't work with them anymore and they'll have to realign. Jess says she turned Raven tonight (she 100% didn't, she pissed Raven off).

Elena tells Christmas the bed drama and Christmas says "this isn't about Jess." Elena says Jess shouldn't be mad at her, she should be mad at Cody. Christmas says her and Cody are perfect for each other, and then apologizes for the "low blow." Christmas thinks Jess had something to do with the nom because of jealousy. Blah blah. They discuss all the reason Jess' argument is dumb that we all realize because we're not Jessica or Cody.

Jess says if Elena and Mark break off she'll team up with Ramses and flip to the other side. Mark whines that he tried to open up to her and she went to bed.

Paul gloats to Elena and Christmas that he called people's "true colors" would show and Jess' antics and the bed drama prove it. He says Raven and Matt are done with her and can't believe the bed stuff. Paul is concerned that Mark has been upstairs so long.
Elena: I'm not going up there to interrupt.
Paul: It WOULD be funny.
Christmas says Mark is so emotionally vulnerable and they're playing that (yep). Paul says he's going to lay it on the table that he's making enemies of a lot of people. Christmas is still upset that Mark doesn't have an answer for why he's still siding with Cody. Elena says she doesn't want to "have to cry" but with "the situation upstairs." She starts to get emotional and Christmas embraces her.

Mark talks his girl troubles with Elena. Mark says he opens up to Ramses but not him. Dom plays devil's advocate and asks how he knows that. Mark has some answer. I don't care about his romance. Mark says he's screwed if he doesn't stay with Elena because she's closer to Matt/Raven. Mark says Cody has the votes because the other side doesn't trust Paul at all. Then he says he doesn't know and is very confused. He thinks he's in a bad place with Matt, Raven, and Elena. Dom doesnt think Elena would be vindictive. Dom once again tells Mark to get his poo poo together because the whole house knows he's an emotional wreck. "Tomorrow I need you to be a different Mark." Paul interrupts to say that they "have an audience" and say Elena is upset and Mark says "I don't give a gently caress." Dom, "Ok." Paul does his thing but he's stealth whispering. I assume its the usual.

Matt, Raven, and Elena discussing Jessica setting fire to her game tonight. Elena wants to know why Jessica is singling her out. Paul joins them and says Mark is shell shocked that Cody and Jess drew a line in the sand with him. Mark and Dom join. Mark recounts Jessica's threat and hard line and that she said they have the votes. Raven says she didn't tell her that. Dom, "That's called manipulation." Dom says its interesting she didn't try it with her. They all compare the different spins Jessica tried on each of them. Dom says Jessica is doing Cody's dirty work. Mark says 24 hours ago Cody said he respected however he'd vote, now there's a line in the sand. Paul's here now to say there's 6 votes in the room and he's got Kevin and a secret 8th (Josh). Paul is monopolizing the conversation now to complain about Cody. Christmas is here too now. Paul says this game isn't supposed to be this hard this quick, but Cody and Jessica are making it. Mark says Jess came out of nowhere and he didn't realize she went to all of them that way.

Cody and Jessica managed to lose all their allies in 2 days.

Elena wants to know why she's being hated the most. Mark says he got hit hard. Dom says they're all being manipulated. Raven mentions that Jess used her disease. Mark again reiterates that 24 hours ago they said were fine with him thinking of keeping Christmas.

Paul: The funny concept is they think there's an "us" but its really just them two.

Paul: Abandon ship.
Dom: I already abandoned ship.

Matt tells Christmas her MRI needs to come back ok.
Christmas: gently caress my MRI. I can walk on this motherfucker. I will come back regardless.

Elena says if Jess wins HOH she thinks she could go up (yep). Lots of shade on Jessica. Now that Jessica is taking the lead there's speculation that she's the brains and Cody is her soldier. Paul tries to keep the focus on Cody being the bigger threat. Raven calls her a "black widow." Raven says Jess is the kind of girl who wants to start a fight and wants an audience. "Like she did with Megan." Mark feels like a tool for defending them. They point out that "this is a team" not one person deciding for the team or threatening people. Dom says this is comparing notes. Christmas and Paul are trying to steel them against Jess and Cody's games (and by them, I mean Mark). Christmas is enjoying her high (I am too, she's lucid but turned up). Christmas says that today has been the most happy she's seen Dom. Dom says its because she had a lot of ideas of what was happening and now its all coming together and being confirmed.

Mark gets called out for covering his microphone and Jessica reacts in HOH. She's sleeping on the couch for some reason. Oh, apparently Cody is at the "fart in bed" phase of their relationship.

Christmas and Dom alone. Christmas says she wanted Mark to tell Jessica because she wanted to settle things, but she didn't know it would play out like this. But Dom says it showed Jess' colors and wishes she wasn't playing this way. Christmas says that its just how she is because she's young and self absorbed and insecure. Dom agrees. Christmas has some fairly self absorbed theory of when Jess got jealous of her and pushed for her to go up. Dom calls it petty and childish (she thinks Jess is jealous of her too). Christmas is glad this happened sooner than later. She's very talkative while high. Dom doesn't want HOH, but she'll take it if necessary, but its going to be bloody. Christmas is happy to take it. Christmas tells Dom that Paul is a little shaky with Dom just because she's off on her own a lot.

Matt goes off hammocking alone and Elena checks on him. He says he's upset that Jess and Cody came at him like that after he was the only person who stood by them. Awkwardness as they stumble around talk. Elena asks if he's 100% with them and Mark gets snippy and says he always has been (lie). Elena spends a long time rehashing the Cody/Jessica stuff while Mark sits silent.
Elena: I don't think you understand me.
Mark: In that situation or in general.
Elena: Both.
Mark: Probably. What's it been? 13 days? I don't think we understand each other.
Apparently Mark compared his relationship with Elena to his relationship to Jess and Cody or something. Bad move, dude. I'll spare you the details. Elena's been hurt and is closed off and needs time. Mark needs lots of emotional support. They don't fit and they stupidly hooked up in a house they're locked in before figuring that out. Nothing was resolved because they're also bad communicators. They are Schroedinger's Showmance.

Matt and Raven feel bad for Mark and what he got, but find it interesting the different approaches and that they didn't really approach Matt. That's because Jess thinks Matt will do whatever Raven says. Matt says Mark's young and just is having a hard time with this stuff.

Matt checks in on Mark. Mark recounts the Jess stuff. He says Cody just sat there and he doesn't know what Jess did to him. Matt and Mark lament their dead F3. Mark says it was a quick wakeup call. Matt says he's genuine and loyal which is why he feels this way. Mark says he appreciates them respecting his poo poo the last couple of days. They're shocked how quick Jess and Cody changed.

I'm going to bed (for real). They're just rehashing stuff. RIP Jessica's Game.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 4, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Raven seems like she'd be super fun to hang with.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

With Paul out of the running, is anyone standing out as fan favorite for the ring vote? Christmas? I voted Cody as a reward for all the drama but I do kind of regret it a bit. Alex was my other choice but I'd like to see her win something better.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

bagrada posted:

With Paul out of the running, is anyone standing out as fan favorite for the ring vote? Christmas? I voted Cody as a reward for all the drama but I do kind of regret it a bit. Alex was my other choice but I'd like to see her win something better.

It's too soon to tell but I'd say Christmas has to be the favorite at this point, if only due to proximity to Paul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I believe most of the spec fan polls about the first vote had Christmas in second after Paul, so she should have a pretty good shot to win it assuming she's still in the game.

• Locked thread