Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Cody also said on the feeds that when he flew to Ferguson during the riots "just to see if he could survive."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Weird, crossfit people don't usually injure themselves

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Jillian is the Queen of the Pawns.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I love that Cody's strategy is "tell everyone we have the votes and maybe it'll come true"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
The tough part about just reading recaps instead of being able to stay up for late night feeds is not knowing how sincere Josh is.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Of course Paul is going to overplay the most obvious HOH ever.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Max posted:

It's astounding how Kevin just does things and no one even thinks about it.

It's one of those things that absolutely shouldn't work unless there's someone who has acted weird since day 1 like Ramses with his slithering around, blatant attempts to eavesdrop, and the whole banner thing.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
It sounded like yesterday Cody was talking to Alex about targeting the girls in the Cool Kids alliance. Alex later said she saw it as him trying to make the battle back easier.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Dom seems genuinely to have lost sight of the game and gotten too lost in becoming some kind of TV star. Its not that uncommon. Other players have done the same thing. Jessica's made it clear that part of the reason she stuck with Cody was that she thought it would "ruin" her if she turned on her showmance. Its just weird that Dom's doing it by "hosting" this talk show thing and acting like its a real audition for a real talk show. I think Dom really thinks this is her platform into the real deal.

She was trying to be a YouTube celebrity before the show, so this doesn't completely surprise me.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Christmas is back. 10 broken bones, 4 hours surgery, a cadaver bone, 5 pins, bunch of screws and a plate. She has a year recovery and arthritis will set in after which she'll need another surgery. Doctors say she'll probably never get full mobility back. Christmas is very emotional and everyone consoles her.

Jason is emotional too for his role in it. Everyone assures him they don't blame him. Christmas pulls him aside and hugs and consoles him too. She says its God's plan and it doesn't affect her relationship with him or anything. Lots of nice platitudes exchanged between them.

Also Raven reassured Christmas that she's sick too.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Dom/Jess on the block. Dom insinuated to Mark that race was a factor.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Christmas pretty much just confirmed that she knows the first two voters voted for Ramses. To me this adds to the "Christmas shouldn't be in the house" fire.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Paul's being super aggressive, but Dominique is talking in circles and not really answering anyone's questions.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I've seen way too many people like Dom in my life. She's textbook millenial church girl.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I don't really understand how Jessica won.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Didn't Josh's whole "meatball" thing start when Paul called him that in passing once? If I never hear it again it will be too soon.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Faustian Bargain posted:

Watch Jess find out about the blindside and use her hex to save Ramses :laffo:

I have very low expectations when it comes to Jessica's intelligence, but even so I can't imagine her doing something so stupid.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, logically they should just never trust again. But like, there's no logical reason that Ramses should still be on the block. A lot of people seemed to assume that there'd be a point where Cody and Jess' egos would just give way to sense but I never really bought into that theory. I'm not sure it seems any more likely going forward.

But its just kind of a strategy debate to me. When you've got the majority of the house against you and they seem like they're not going to turn on that but you have a one use special power then what's your best play?

A) Hold back that power solely to try and protect yourself and your showmance partner even if that might just delay the inevitable?
B) Use the power on a key ally if things go wrong next week and try and save all your standing allies and make a concentrated charge?
C) Make a pre-emptive strike and use it to try and build a larger army even if that puts you personally at risk.

Its three bad options and the smartest route is probably to just hold onto the Hex as long as you can and save yourself and hope things change. But there seems like there's some kind of logic in the idea of her just saying "gently caress you!" and forming an alliance of the blindsided.

I think option A with the knowledge that Cody and Jess are capable of winning comps. From this point forward they would have to nominate 2 actual targets if they won HOH, though.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

SalTheBard posted:

Any speculation on what the Halting Hex curse is?

Didn't Julie say it would be unleashed during the next live show? That kind of kills my double eviction guess unless they have two DEs this year.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I know there's 0% chance of this happening, but I would love if the curse from Jessica's temptation was that there was no jury this season and that America will vote when it gets down to the final 2. I don't even love the America's vote stuff, but throwing a huge curveball into the "just trying to make it to jury" crowd would be amazing.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, I think the edit on Cody is pretty fair. Like, they haven't show his trannie comments or "pussies" or bad parenting stories but they never show that kind of stuff. They haven't sugar coated how he backstabbed anyone, they've aired the "alpha" stuff, and they generally present him as a shell shocked psycho who has betrayed everyone in the house.

People might still like him or be too amused by his silliness to see him as an rear end. But BB hasn't been kind.

It's also worth noting that a huge portion of America supports this type of behavior as well.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I hope Jessica threatens them with the temptation and the HOH puts Jody up anyway.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Jessica, Cody, Kevin, Matt, and Raven have opted not to take part in the temptation competition. Kevin and Maven really have no reason to, and I'm guessing Jody's arrogance is going to keep them from the smart move.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
There's just no way 10 people can go after 2 people regardless of what happened in the past and look like they're in the right. It made for entertaining feeds, but it was horrible gameplay and caused sympathy for Jessica/Cody to go up incredibly.

The TV edit has been pretty sympathetic towards Jessica and Cody so I expect more of that this week.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Good. I don't know when the best time to do something like OTT would be, but right after BB Proper seems way too soon to me.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Max posted:

I almost wonder if she will intentionally not use it to be evicted without repercussion.

Allow herself to be evicted where Cody goes to jury and she does it? Not a chance.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Max posted:

She was talking about self evicting pretty seriously during the bullying spat they had on Monday, but was aware of the legal responsibilities of quitting the game.

I subscribe to the theory mentioned on RHAP that the self-evicting talk was an attempt to get production to shut what Paul & Friends were doing down.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

ToastyPotato posted:

Also banning the pots and pans is kind of dumb considering the taunting game has been a strat for years now. If Cody can't control himself then penalize him. That's what rules are there for. This kind of coddling to protect their narrative is the kind of stuff that really tests my limits.

It seems like an overcorrection on BB's part because they realized they cast someone who psychologically isn't fit to be there and they don't want the talking point of the "ex-Marine who snapped in the house"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Yeah it's on TMZ

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/08/09/big-brother-houseguest-butt-poking/

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Cody claims that he threatened Josh because he knows that production doesn't want anything to happen so he knew they'd tell Josh to stay away and then Jess would get some peace. "I knew what I was doing."

This is the most infuriating part tbh

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Elena made it clear that she needs to stay in the house for the sake of her post-BB career, and honestly I hope she stays because it will be funny when she realizes that her visions of grandeur will just end up with her doing BB conventions and the like.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

In fairness Elena's delusions of fame are a little more grounded than most since shes a personality on a nationally syndicated radio program that apparently has a focus on reality TV.

But she's a terrible player and has behaved like a brat for weeks so the idea that any players should give a poo poo to help her get famous is laughable.

I get the radio show she was on here. She was pretty much a call screener that got a little bit of airtime

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I don't know how you do it, STAC. This season is beyond tedious at this point.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

One thing I caught was Josh and Paul having a big game talk where Josh reveals that he also knows Kevin took the $25K at the start of the game. Paul admitted he knew as well and said he's waiting to drop that bomb about Kevin when its time to take him out. Josh advised against it since he's a jury vote but Paul pretty much reiterated that he doesn't think about Jury Management.

Maybe I'm wrong, but unless Paul tried to frame it as something Kevin recently revealed to him wouldn't it just make Paul look bad since he put so much effort in getting the house to think it was Ramses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

I'm glad I don't really care about RHAP's BB coverage so I'm not even remotely tempted to listen to Jessica.

It would have been been more tolerable if Brent wasn't on the show today, but for what little it's worth she's still a better guest than Glenn.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I like Taran. He has reasonable opinions and his overnight/morning updates are nice to throw on while I'm getting ready for the day. Beats radio jockeys.

Agreed. One of the other LFC members seems to be the voice of the Reddit stans at times, but it's nothing unbearable and it's mindless content for when I'm working.

• Locked thread