Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Are you thinking of Gfycat?

Also, if you have any sort of way to just record a straight video clip from your screen, Imgur has a tool that will automatically convert it to gifv for you. The size kinda sucks by comparison, but would probably be fine for just posting stuff in the thread.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Paul would be a lot more impressive as a winner if he showed any significant ability to convince people to do anything. He's been great at getting them to NOT nominate him, but his power ends pretty sharply outside of that, and I'm not really willing to chalk that up to his actual gameplay more than this season giving him 100% perfect villains as a distraction. I mean, from that Week 1 backstab, Paul was instantly the aggrieved victim with a righteous axe to grind and it gave him a lot of sympathy to work with from pretty much everyone except Jessica & Cody, and eventually Dom. And with a literal month of struggling to actually get two of those three to get out of the house and stay there, it gave Paul so much breathing room to cast himself as everyone's champion and stalwart ally against the psychos who were impossible to live with and couldn't be trusted for a second. So that's about six or seven weeks out of the game where anyone with even a remote chance of actually winning the game would've been insane to take out Paul— either because he was completely immune, or would actually be willing to cooperate with people instead of pouting in the Have Nots room.

Of course, those excuses really run out right around the point where they evicted Mark and started picking off non-threats like Matt, Raven, and Jason over Paul. But I'm thinking back on the season, and Paul really never managed to make an affirmative move that wasn't already the house consensus. He spent a lot of time burying people with whispers to keep himself safe, but a good 90% of that was those targets already burying themselves anyway so that Paul could feel safe enough to throw a handful of dirt on top. Did he ever actually convince someone to do something that wasn't just the obvious move for their own game regardless? The closest that I can come up with is just how hard he had Alex under his control during the middle of the game, but I don't feel like that made much of a difference.

He's like the most aggressive floater that is trying so hard to be the puppetmaster. :psyduck:

• Locked thread