Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So they are doing a live feed event a week before the premiere. It's a shame they aren't mixing the online season into the new season, and starting the feeds day one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

A while back I used a program called Gif Cam or something like that. It basically threw a transparent window up that let you capture and then edit anything inside it. Not sure if there are better options today. It was a bit clunky. As for hosting, imgur is probably the easiest off the top of my head, but there are others I have seen people use for high quality gifs and clips. I just don't know their names. Starts with a G?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Generic American posted:

Are you thinking of Gfycat?

Also, if you have any sort of way to just record a straight video clip from your screen, Imgur has a tool that will automatically convert it to gifv for you. The size kinda sucks by comparison, but would probably be fine for just posting stuff in the thread.

Yeah I think I see people posting gfycat stuff a lot these days.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Mine would be something like "Its been three weeks. Suck it up. You can cry when the bread you bought expires."

Hahaha, I basically say that every time I see those goddamned letter moments.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Anyone from last season returning would kill my interest in the season imo.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Honestly I feel like another All-Stars at this point would be a train wreck in a bad way. Most of the people they would end up getting would probably just end up being people I mostly can't stand.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

violetdragon posted:

I don't know what to think about you right now, STAC.

To be fair, theatrical "not actual in the game" Paul could easily be an incredibly grating feed experience. Paul was at his best when his game was on the line.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I'm attempting to watch OTT.

I don't know if its the lack of feeds, the barebones production, or what but this is really a drag. Maybe its just the 20 minute eviction interview with Cornbread in an empty studio. There's a really weird "no one is watching" vibe to this.

Well the whole gimmick of OTT was the feeds/live nature of the program, so watching it without them is kind of defeating its purpose.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'm guessing Halt triggers a double eviction, since they have a schedule to keep.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

You know, at the very least, CBS could add back the first week of feeds for flashbacks on the player. I don't understand the reason why they wouldn't at least do that. Not being live the first week I get, but not having the archived footage available seems silly. There is no technical reason for it either, they seem to black it out for nothing.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Honestly, after seeing two different people kind of outright talk poo poo to Megan to her face, I am not too surprised she left? It is kind of why I wished we could see the week one stuff, because either she was doing some poo poo that ticked those guys off or people were singling her out for no reason.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Orange cat and black/white cat really seem to hate each other. Or they're in a showmance. I don't know, I understand cats less than hamsters. Maybe its a racial thing?

Waiting for this thread to become more cat updates than actual BB updates.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It seems pretty clear to me now that OTT was not watchable for me because of the lack of STAC Goat play by plays. Thanks for the work that you do. :unsmith:

Also, did Jessica have no reaction to Cody having a kid?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

That would be pretty easy to disprove by now.

If Christmas can't compete in comps properly she is toast.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I know they are worried about the Cody Veto, but not putting Cody and Jessie up together to guarantee one goes home is a misplay. Relying on the backdoor is a pointless risk. Cody can still get a veto if he is not nominated.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Matt is the super soldier serum'd Seth Meyers right?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

He can win and use the veto on Alex though. Him using it on himself is just going to make him a massive target in the same way Cody and Jess made themselves targets. He is in 0 danger right now. But this is BB so I have low expectations of good gameplay.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Alex is... up and down. She's fun because she doesn't give a poo poo but she's also super stupid and frustrating because she doesn't give a poo poo.

100% agree. It's tough to be in her camp for now just because of how all over the place she seems.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I look forward to the eventual (not necessarily this season) ultimate show of trust play where someone not just agrees to be a pawn, but rather agrees to be evicted just to act as a gatekeeper for Battle Back (on the assumption that they would win.)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I remembered Lawon, but that was different since there was no real precedent for his stupidity. He just had an insane out of no where assumption.

SalTheBard posted:

I don't know if you watch Survivor but a few seasons ago this exact thing happened.

I haven't watched Survivor for about 3 years or so. Maybe more. But I guess it makes sense with Redemption Island being a thing. Did it actually work?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Its complicated.

Long story short, he has an emotional connection with Christmas but he gets angry at her over seemingly petty stuff that seems to relate to her confrontational approach.

Longer story? She brought up his showmance during Dom's Show before she got backdoored and ever since Mark's had something against her. He got mad at her again during that tense game talk Thursday when they were trying to figure out who to nom and he thought she was condescending to him and stupid. He also gets mad at a lot of little things she says and does even when its stupid like last night. The night before Cody backdoored Christmas Mark actually was trying to talk to him about targeting Christmas. There's a solid chance Mark will be involved in Christmas' eventual eviction.

Psycho analysis? Mark's got women issues. His mother died relatively recently (after raising him alone since his dad died when he was young) and he's said he's still grieving her and it affects his relationships with women. When a woman "mothers" him like Dom does with emotional support and coddling he's putty in their hands. When a woman criticizes or argues with hime - seriously or in jest - like Elena often does he gets irrationally angry. Christmas does both of those things so its a very up and down relationship.

Some fans think Mark is into Christmas and finding petty reasons to be mad at her is a defense mechanism. I think he doesn't like that she "plays like a man" and can't deal with her doing the same kinds of things he lets Cody or Paul say to him. Dom seems to agree as during one of his fits against Christmas she said that she didn't think he'd be as mad about it if Matt had been the one saying the same things.

That last bit seems incredibly spot on to me. In combination with what you mentioned about how he reacts to coddling vs. criticism/opposition, it pretty much completely sums up what I get from watching him.

That Cody rant you posted before though... :stare:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

- Cody revealed to some people that he's 32. Its not important but Jess had to explain why an unnecessary lie like that just reminds everyone that he's a liar. He also said he was in the Air Force and other details about his military experience. Everyone just kind of thinks Cody's a weirdo and a pathological liar.

Wait, I am confused about the Air Force thing. Has he been telling people he was Air Force instead of Marines, or has he been lying to the show about being a Marine?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Alex: Realistically if we were really playing the game this week we'd take out both Christmas and her [Raven]. Because they're lame. If we were actually playing based on game and not on friends that's the way it would be.

Alex: Anyone puts her up now they'll be in a lot of trouble. But in the wild what do you do? If you're a lion which do you attack? The weak, the sick, the children. You go for those ones first. Easy prey.

I don't think Alex really understands this game. But I kind of understand why Cody likes her so much.

Cmon it's like chess! You gotta get rid of all the pawns first! THEN the game begins!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'm no STAC, but I would say that BB15 for shitshow drama, and whatever seasons had Dan Gheesling for high quality play.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

BB15 had Helen's famous "Now is not the right time" or whatever it was she said every week right?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Ace Jameson posted:

Josh's pillow disappears and reappears, and the next day he has pinkeye? That's pretty gross, I wonder how the producers feel about that.

They will almost certainly do nothing. Especially if Josh doesn't bring it up.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Propaganda Machine posted:

You sure about that? My first thought was how dangerous it is for somebody to have pinkeye in a confined environment, especially with the HoH lockdown tonight. They really ought to at least be able to get him some meds for it.

Meds sure, but I meant more about them taking some action against the person who did it, assuming someone actually did something.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Your Taint posted:

Yeah the big muscular guys are always at a distinct disadvantage in the "hang on to the wall" challenge.

It'll be Jessica, Alex, or Ramses.

drat I was just about to post this exact thought.

I guess Alex would be the most interesting winner?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

With Paul being safe, what is a huge move? Christmas?

Christmas or breaking up one of the other couples. My guess would be breaking up one of the other couples. Christmas isn't really a threat at this point.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

When was the last time that Battle Back was something someone who could barely stand would be able to play, let alone win? I feel like there was some kind of shuffle board/skill shot one at some point. Also did I hear right that Julie said that for the first time the potential returnee could potentially be prevented from reentering the game by someone in the house?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Gotta love that Jess is somehow not a 100% lock for must evict despite the extremely real possibility of battleback floating around. BB sure knows how to pick em. :allears:

It is great that the three names thrown around, Raven, Dom, and Christmas, are the least threatening people in the house in terms of comps. BB is nothing if not consistent.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I feel like all observation of the universe I live in dictates that Cody will win at this point, as evidenced by Jess getting the temptation. Not going to lie, her getting that temptation killed the majority of my interest in this season.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Muddy Burphy posted:

I don't really understand how Jessica won.

Consistency. :smugdon:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Cody basically loves telling Jessica how he loves killing people. Like, he doesn't say he joins the military out of a sense of patriotism or service or to protect people or liberties. He says he did it so he could kill people. He says he wants a war so he can kill more people and he doesn't care who they are. He just misses killing people and hopes he gets another war* to do it in.

I don't know how anyone could hear him say this stuff and not come away that he's a psychopath and like every terrible possibility to a "soldier". I don't think all soldiers are violent psychos. But Cody seems very proud to be one and to be his entire reason for being.

And yes, Cody triggers my lifelong belief that the only people who boast about what badasses they are are overcompensating liars.

*I don't know military stuff but there's still a couple of wars we're in and I feel like if Cody wants to serve so bad wouldn't he be able to unless there was a reason they didn't want him? Although he probably just wants a more agressive one where there's no rules of engagement or nothing and he can just go on a spree.

The wars have cooled down to the point where we barely have people seeing combat compared to the height of the war. We still have people stationed but it is a very small number compared to what we had previously. That said, the fact that he has opted to be on Big Brother, and has gone through that whole process, instead of doing just about anything else, including "private contractor" (aka mercenary), probably reveals more of the truth about him than anything else.

But Cody continues to prove how awful BB casting is.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Propaganda Machine posted:

But WHAT IS IT?!?!?!

There are two boxes. First person who asks for the key, gets to pick one. One gets you out of Have Not, the other doubles your stay to two weeks.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Where does Jason stand on this? Is he down for the blindside?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I imagine one of the DE's is cancelled due to Megan self evicting.

My off the wall guess is the curse takes power away from the HGs (think noms or eviction votes) and gives it to the viewers, which will likely be god awful.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The slop is supposedly super high in protein, among other nutrients. It's a fortified oatmeal basically. This gives it a metallic taste apparently, which is the "gross" feature of it.

So the protein content is probably why those two are going for it.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 25, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah that meal looks like some football player/bodybuilding stuff. Also gross, especially after just having eaten a meal myself just minutes ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I feel like the play is definitely flushing the power out. Typically BB players are too timid for plays like that, but I think it really is the only sensible thing to do.

If they used their brains, they would figure that her power would be along the lines of a veto, coup d'etat, or a rewind, as those are the only things that have precedent so far, (and it is actually close to the truth!) You can't have that hanging over your head for two weeks, especially if you have power. If it were something insanely powerful, like replacing noms, or vote negation, you have to assume she is going to use it if you target anyone on "her side". So screw it. Playing around her mystery power is practically giving her another week in power.

Personally, I would put up Cody and Mark, telling them that they are getting the chance to fight for their lives in the game at least. Since people are suspecting Jess has a power, and assuming she doesn't just publicly threaten to use it immediately, I would openly tell her that I have no interest in backdooring her and that the only way she goes on the block is if Elena gets POV and takes Mark down. I would also tell her if she is going to use the power, then use it, but I would plant the seed that Mark and Elena are every big as targets for me and that I don't care who goes home this week, even floating that Jess winning POV and taking down Cody would be "fine with me." After the blindside, she would most likely definitely use the power if Cody or her were still up by Thursday, but whatever, at least the power is gone.

I'd definitely work on flipping Elena, but I dunno how much of a hard sell that would be to basically get her to completely ditch Mark. Her being willing and knowingly a pawn would be important to minimize the blood should the hex get used, since her name will be thrown around a lot with Mark. The crazier play would be having Paul be the replacement nom, but I feel like Paul wouldn't like that very much and I highly doubt Jess would believe he was actually being backdoored while sitting next to Cody.

• Locked thread