Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Memento posted:

So my process for getting some of those gifs up there to embed was:

- find a tweet with a gif OR find an oddshot/streamable link from reddit
- find a shady "download video" website and download them
- upload the resulting mp4 to youtube
- use imgur.com/vidgif to convert them to something that will autoplay on the forums
- delete the private video off youtube

Not good enough, says youtube's auto content ID system!

I'm sure there's an easier way to do this and I'm just being a doofus about it.

edit: Also, Embedded 4 is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kI1HsfF31A

Gifs are old and busted.
Make WebMs with "WebM for Retards" (this is the actual name of the program)
https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

It's a piece of piss and WebM's are better quality image, better framerate and smaller filesize. They embed for me just by posting the URL in the reply box, though that could be a SALR feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Memento posted:

Josuke Higashakatagatiki for thread mvp

let's not go ott here

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

karolina kowalkiewicz better win so she can have kookies again

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hunt owns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

chaleski posted:

The last time they considered MM vs TV was at 135 and MM was angling for a superfight payday, I imagine he's doing the same thing here and I don't blame him. He has a chance to make a huge payday for probably the first time in his career.

Embedded episode 5 is out and Karolina is the best :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFPrRHlXLbU

karolina is better than girlfriend, better than waifu

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

155 and Diaz would be great

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

vaginal facsimile posted:

I don't know why he didn't kick Max. He threw one kick iirc. Thought that would be Aldo's path to victory, kicking Max's lead foot.

For all the talk of Aldo's leg kicks every single time he fights, it's a weapon he has abandoned for the most part pretty long ago. He barely ever throws them anymore.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sergio Pettis is probably a very happy boy that he's not on the cards.
He'd get so hosed up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/5/15741650/chuck-liddell-unloads-on-piece-of-sh-t-tito-ortiz-over-social-media

Here's some :ortiz:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

DJ is such a focused fighter that he stayed on point and didn't even bring up the major loss in income from Reebok loving his XBox deal. Even in promotional slapfighting, the dude has no flaws.

the fact he doesn't have and can't get enough clout to make the UFC budge an inch is a pretty huge flaw

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

wish we would have heard of this about a page ago

also if someone could break down how ppv points work again, i think that'd be helpful

are those kinds of posts draws?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

he doesnt have a lot of charisma. you could say its because hes short and bald too but road cyclist marco pantani was similarly short and bald and he has roadside shrines, statues, works of art etc dedicated to him dotted all over continental europe. personally mr johnson doesnt leave much of an impression on me though i do like to watch his fights

Cycling is a huge sport to Italians (and Euros) in a way that MMA will never be to Americans though. There aren't really weight divisions in cycling either and Pantani was really fuckin' good.
Oh, and Pantani is dead, which sort of helps in building a legend. Also he was 5'8.

The answer is that DJ is 5ft 3, doesn't talk poo poo and the average punter wants to see fat fuckers throw 4 punches and then gas instead of a masterclass in martial arts.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 8, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't remember a single time he's talked poo poo.
Even Garbrandt's overtly homosexual backfiring smack talk is more notable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lobov would beat Mighty Mouse.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

dana said conor is the #1 p4p fighter, theyve been thinking about shutting down flyweight for 3 years and he never threatened mighty mouse with closing the division. lol

the problem with conor being p4p #1 fighter is that he doesn't actually do the fighting bit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://puu.sh/wgXlh/c93950514a.webm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'll always be fond of him for "swangin and bangin" Travis Browne and for trying to locate Ronda Rousey's apprently high quality rear end on public TV

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Google Butt posted:

I'd buy a black beast endorsed toilet

bidet up in this ho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Almost definitely yes. They wear big helmets so the can slam their heads and be slammed in the head "without harm" but they found in amateur boxing that the helmets actually contribute to concussion rather than dampen it and there's no reason to believe that it's much different for gridiron helms.

Though I wonder if there are studies that compare American Football with Rugby in terms of concussion likelihood.

e: http://www.brain-injury-law-center.com/latest-news/head-injuries-rugby-vs-football/

There's at least this thing with some stats but it's not super deep or whatever

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 12, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Southpaugh posted:

This argument is taking place in the boxing thread rn and its inconclusive.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483721&pagenumber=19

Interesting stuff, thanks for the link

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nierbo posted:

Bellator picked up Goldberg for commentary. Michael Goldberg that is.

Bellator has finally become the premier MMA league.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can we get our old racist against Brazilians then say they're not technically a race so we're not racist thing in on this page for a good old family reunion.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FishBowlRobot posted:

Yeah, it's one of his defining characteristics. Jim and Matt really don't seem to follow MMA that much except on a surface level, so I think of them as being ignorant as opposed to being straight shills for the UFC.

Matt Serra is a former UFC champion and actively trains some of the most talented MMA fighters on the planet. I think he might just follow MMA closely.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bundt Cake posted:

Has the guy MM was supposed to fight said anything ?

He's probably forgotten that he exists himself.

Ray Borg or something? Seems like the one person who actually ought to be nicknamed "Cy"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lads dunno if you heard 3 times on this page but fight pass has a 24/7 stream running now

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you can't make lowest quality any worse that's my method

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sensational

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Elon Musk is a UFC fan?

same

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

I bet people will be lining up to call him out

usually happens at a drive-thru yea

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1st AD posted:

i don't bet on mma but boetsch was probably a good guy to bet on because johny is fat and dumb and like half a foot shorter

i would take a bet that johny is the least likely to poo poo in the octagon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I always get Evinger mixed up with Tonya Harding, who probably has as good a shot of beating Cyborg.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DJ should have taken the Dillashaw fight.

It's not right they screw him and that they're basically his puppet masters but not taking it, reasons justifiable as they are, makes him look like a wuss who only wants his record.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I, however, will continue to live in the real world where Bisping beats all challengers and retires as the MW GOAT.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gay Jesus would whoop Regular Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he's a wizard with a garlic bread
he could hit you with a bread stick from 20 yards

• Locked thread