Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

karolina kowalkiewicz better win so she can have kookies again

Has she ever had to deal with someone like Claudia trying to take her down? Claudia was able to get JJ down and keep there early in their rematch and if she can do that to JJ I feel like Claudia is gonna take Karolina down and either dominate her the entire fight, or finish her.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

I'm glad Joanna smashed her on the feet in the second half of that because even though Claudia had her grapevined against the fence for two rounds all she did was tap her in the face a bit.

Joanna is very hard to take down and keep down, not surprised Claudia couldn't really get a lot done once she had her down.

I'm curious what Karolina's ground game is going to look like since Claudia will almost certainly be able to take her down at least a few times.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Can some body fill me in on this fyi stuff

I got you fam

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform...-been-ufc-champ

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Max owns

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

As far as promotion, the one thing that sticks out from that statement is Sean Shelby saying they could not promote Cody vs DJ. That seems crazy to me. The guy who just schooled Dominick Cruz vs the P4P #1 is an unsellable fight?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/871811798592217088

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

what huge promotional pushes have sage and van zant received? being on dana white lookin for a fight?

I dunno about promotional material, but Paige headlined an event in Sacramento that also featured Faber in his retirement fight against Pickett.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The whole thing just feels like Dana getting irrationally angry that DJ has opinions about who he should fight next, offered up even the slightest amount of resistance to the TJ fight, and asked for some kind of compensation should TJ fail to make weight.

I mean how does it make sense to say that Cody vs DJ wouldn't sell, and then act like TJ vs DJ is finally going to be the one that sees Mighty Mouse become a big name?

Cody seems to be way more popular and well known at this point, he just dominated a guy that was considered an all time 135 great. TJ's last win, as good as he looked in that fight, is over John Lineker a flyweight who could not consistently make weight.

Just let DJ break the record over Borg, if that's what he really wants, then give him the winner of TJ vs Cody if the UFC still wants to boom a super fight with mmdj.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'll have to re-read the statement MM put out, but isn't the gist of what he's complaining about that the UFC is treating him like poo poo by changing opponents on a whim after bout agreements have been sent, going to social media and television to announce his fights without so much as a heads up to him before hand and then painting him as a coward who doesn't want to fight TJ, even though he had originally wanted to fight Cody? On top of all that threatening to scrap the entire division if he doesn't take a fight he thinks makes no sense.

If I recall correctly according to DJ he asked for PPV points, was denied, accepted that denial and signed to fight Ray Borg without PPV points. I don't think the lack of PPV points is the main reason he's putting Dana and the UFC on blast. It sounds more like they are just unnecessarily classless in how they treat him, despite him having been a company man for them for years, and DJ just reached a breaking point.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 6, 2017

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Novum posted:

Create weightclass for unreliable roid monster. Cool. Destroy weightclass because the champion is p4p best fighter and is easy to work with. Superb.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

What time does the card start Saturday in the US?

10 PM Eastern/7PM Pacific

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

This is cool because it's one of the points that DJ raised on the MMA hour yesterday. That if the UFC had actually taken any of his demands to TJ all three parties could have engaged in some kind of meaningful negotiation and the fight could have moved forward, instead Dana and Shelby instantly told DJ to go gently caress himself and threatened to dissolve the division if he did not accept the fight as is.

Now we have TJ, who presumably never heard about any of DJ's contract requests, agreeing to the requests and the fight could potentially actually happen if the UFC agrees to put the purse stipulations in the bout agreement.

We spent several pages going back and forth about PPV points, but for DJ it really sounds like PPV points was a small part of the issues he had with the UFC, since he initially accepted the Borg fight without PPV points, and his speaking out seems to have more to do with the irrationally lovely treatment from Dana and Shelby.

The pettiness of this reminds me of when the UFC tried to get Tony to fight Michael Johnson on 24 hours notice, for far less money, when Khabib never even made it to the scale at UFC 209. Tony refused and the event went on with nothing but the dreadful Woodley vs Thompson II to remember it by, when they could have just done right by Tony and had what would probably have been an entertaining co-main with Tony and Michael Johnson.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 7, 2017

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

By chance does Anyone have a fight club code they aren't going to use for the 214 presale tomorrow?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Max with the big respect

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVC8uKOhJan/

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Acai with powered milk and cashews for everyone

This needs to be a thread title.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I will always remember the good times

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 12, 2017

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

He was about to quit in the brown fight too when he was gettin kicked in the body. But brown found a way to do what he does best

Actually Derrick Lewis just needed to take a poo poo in that fight and was able to destroy Travis once the bubble guts passed

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

That post owns because Browne would have been cut awhile ago if not for his family.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Please don't leave Black Beast

https://twitter.com/thebeast_ufc/status/874150849332760576

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i absolutely don't give a poo poo about that fight but if it happens then i'm happy both those guys can stave off bankruptcy for another 6 months after the end of their careers

lol

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm just really glad Khabib didn't get the title shot, since we would have ended up with a champion who never fought or defended their belt.

Tony would have won

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Lloyd Boner posted:

RDA also got eye poked real bad in I think round 2? He was looking great until then. Similarly Barboza got illegally upkicked real bad in the first. Both those fights could have gone quite differently.

He did get eye poked real bad, but he was also getting beat up by tony prior to the eye poke.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Best part of the card was RDA walking out to the bloodsport song

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

1st AD posted:

*ronda improvs, badly as the director looks on in disgust and the line producer mean mugs her*
CHAMP. You can do whatever you want!

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

henkman posted:

He's right

Watching it live it looked like Chiesa was done and about to go out, so whatever.

Sucks for Kevin Lee. If Yamasaki let's him go out that's a clear cut and very impressive win.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I thought the timeline of events went like this:

DJ asked for Sergio Pettis for his next defense given that he's on 3 fight win streak, or alternatively to go up and fight Garbrandt.

UFC said TJ and Garbrandt is already in the works, our view is Borg is the number 1 contender at 125, that's the fight.

DJ agrees to fight Borg

Garbrandt gets injured

TJ wants to fight for the title at 125 - Dana starts hyping a fight with DJ and TJ

DJ says, hang on a minute, aren't I fighting Borg?

Dana says "don't be a pussy" we'll give you PPV points if you can hit X number of buys

DJ says, I'm not being a pussy but it's for a record defense, if you want me to fight TJ I'd like some guarantees that a) he can make weight and b) if he doesn't I get paid because I'm going to invest a shitload of money into training for TJ and you won't promote me so I won't hit those buys

Dana says If TJ can't make the weight we'll have Borg on the card and you can fight him instead - besides little dudes suck, be cooler and fight TJ and you'll make PPV points

DJ says - it's bullshit to be expected to be prepared for two vastly different opponents, when there's no guarantee of a good pay day - why don't I just fight Borg for the record as planned and I'll fight whomever after

Dana starts calling him a pussy for ducking TJ and calls his division poo poo and says DJ doesn't sell anyway

That's pretty much exactly what MM said in that long post which kicked this all off and I don't think there's any reason to doubt him and just believe Dana White's side of things.

Really it just sounds like they have been pointlessly rude and disrespectful to him for years and he had enough and just decided to stick it to Dana by not taking the TJ fight

I mean he wanted to fight Cody from the get go. That's an arguably way more dangerous fight than TJ with high potential for him to get knocked out at either weight.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

handsome only face posted:

BREAKING: D. White on UFC Tonight had this to say on the Mighty Mouse dispute "I think it is a fairly strong child, so I will defeat him without mercy"

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

BlindSite posted:

In terms of fights that are happening who else is keen as gently caress for Bobby Knuckles to kill a no for gay jesus Cuban goose stepping ninja turtle in a little over a week?

He's going to need to remove all stools and buckets of water from the building prior to the fight.

• Locked thread