Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

joehonkie posted:

Who's the modern version of Abbott and Costello? Key and Peele?

Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
How quickly people forget Jackman's Hellsing movie. Which is a good thing because that movie sucked donkey balls.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I mean it's not good, but there are things in it I liked.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

the best part of Hansel and Gretel was that Hansel had diabetes from eating the gingerbread house as a kid and they called it "the sugar sickness"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Madkal posted:

How quickly people forget Jackman's Hellsing movie. Which is a good thing because that movie sucked donkey balls.

I used to sell joints out of a metal Helsing cigarette case in high school. Only thing I can remember related to that movie.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Wheat Loaf posted:

Played one game years ago that I think was on PSP. I don't own any consoles nowadays, though. Is it on Steam?

I liked Penny Dreadful a lot but kinda sorta resent it because apparently we were on the verge of getting an Anno Dracula adaptation for the tv which ended up not being progressed any further when Penny Dreadful was announced.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow was pretty drat fun iirc

purple death ray posted:

The idea of monsters and monster hunters is so effortlessly cool and yet there are almost no good movies about it, somehow
Is there a Witcher movie in the works?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

joehonkie posted:

That would have been great.

The Jump Street guys?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

got any sevens posted:

Is there a Witcher movie in the works?

Nah, it's gonna be a tv series.

purple death ray posted:

The idea of monsters and monster hunters is so effortlessly cool and yet there are almost no good movies about it, somehow

Yeah, it's really weird. I guess it's because it's hard to strike a balance between the goofiness of the concept and the grimness of monsters.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Guy Goodbody posted:

I refuse to not be optimistic about the Monster Hunter movie.

It's being made by the guy who made the Resident Evil movies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

David D. Davidson posted:

You're certainly not helping its case here.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

So it's starring his wife again?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Dexie posted:

Okay, wow. So she does have good stuff, then.

I'm going to check some of this out. Thanks!

Warren's other magazines like Eerie and Creepy are cool too. You should check them out if you like old horror, sci-fi and fantasy anthology strips, Dark Horse has reprinted them and Dynamite does a reprint line of Vampirella magazine.

Lurdiak posted:

Nah, it's gonna be a tv series.

There's actually a Polish TV series that is universally hated by all Witcher fans, for it's bad acting, writing and incredibly low production values. I think it was chopped up to produce a movie or one was made that spun out of it that is also reviled.

This was way before the games tho. Like the 90s.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

There's actually a Polish TV series that is universally hated by all Witcher fans, for it's bad acting, writing and incredibly low production values. I think it was chopped up to produce a movie or one was made that spun out of it that is also reviled.

This was way before the games tho. Like the 90s.

No I mean, there is an upcoming netflix series.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lurdiak posted:

No I mean, there is an upcoming netflix series.

I know, I'm just commenting further. I guess I should have made that more clear. I've actually thought about hatewatching the Polish show, I've heard either that it's just irredeemable, or that it's funny like a movie MST3K would do.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

joehonkie posted:

That would have been great.

After Get Out, if they want to sell me Key and Peele Meet The Wolfman I will be in the theater opening loving night.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

So I'm double-sold?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Isn't Netflix also making the Castlevania anime?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

purple death ray posted:

Isn't Netflix also making the Castlevania anime?

I dunno if it's an anime, but Warren Ellis is writing it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So uh, Adam West died

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aw gently caress.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Calaveron posted:

So uh, Adam West died

He couldn't get rid of the bomb today. :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

the Resident Evil movies

were good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

So uh, Adam West died

Well, gently caress this lovely Earth.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY2ME08hncw

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ImpAtom posted:

Well, gently caress this lovely Earth.

I mean, he was an 88 year old man with leukemia so it's not unexpected or something to curse the heavens about, but still it sucks.
Maybe it's time I should actually watch Batman '66 and find out if it really lives up to what the short youtube videos of select scenes I've seen and pop culture osmosis makes it out to be.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Adam West isn't actually dead, he's just time traveling. Right now, he's in caveman times and then he'll wind up at the Salem witch trials and then he'll be a pirate, followed by a cowboy, and a prohibition-era gangster.

Batman and Robin will never die.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The thread title is too real now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Calaveron posted:

I mean, he was an 88 year old man with leukemia so it's not unexpected or something to curse the heavens about, but still it sucks.
Maybe it's time I should actually watch Batman '66 and find out if it really lives up to what the short youtube videos of select scenes I've seen and pop culture osmosis makes it out to be.

There's an episode where Batman and the Joker have a surfing competition.

There's another where Batman and the Penguin run against each other for mayor (which inspired Batman Returns).

The version of the Riddler from the show is what basically every version of him afterwards draws from.

Batman '66 is rad and totally holds up, is what I'm saying.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
No dies in comic books.

Adam West's death will be retconed within the year.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dexie posted:

The version of the Riddler from the show is what basically every version of him afterwards draws from.

Not to mention most versions of the Joker.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dexie posted:

There's an episode where Batman and the Joker have a surfing competition.

There's another where Batman and the Penguin run against each other for mayor (which inspired Batman Returns).

Batman '66 is rad and totally holds up, is what I'm saying.

The show is eggcellent

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

People think I'm joking when I always say Batman '66 is the greatest superhero media ever made and that likely will ever be made, but I'm not. In my opinion it will always be the best. I thought that when I was a kid and I think that now, and for different reasons now than then. Adam West will be missed.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

X-O posted:

People think I'm joking when I always say Batman '66 is the greatest superhero media ever made and that likely will ever be made, but I'm not. In my opinion it will always be the best. I thought that when I was a kid and I think that now, and for different reasons now than then. Adam West will be missed.

Amen.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I love that scene where Batman and Robin go to confront King Tut, and they know he's a bad guy and Robin's all for bringing him in, when Batman says, "Robin, the Constitution provides that a man is innocent until proven guilty. And the Constitution is the cornerstone of our great nation. We must abide by it," so they leave without doing anything. It's great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I love that scene where Batman and Robin go to confront King Tut, and they know he's a bad guy and Robin's all for bringing him in, when Batman says, "Robin, the Constitution provides that a man is innocent until proven guilty. And the Constitution is the cornerstone of our great nation. We must abide by it," so they leave without doing anything. It's great.

King Tut is probably right behind Riddler as my favorite villain on the show solely on the back of Victor Buono. Buono took the role because as a serious stage actor he loved to be able to completely let loose and being as ridiculous and corny as possible and it totally comes through in his performance. That scene in particular is one of my favorite King Tut scenes.

Here it is: https://streamable.com/ym3t4

It's all the little things you might not notice if you're not watching closely, like as he talks about the Constitution he looks right into the camera and the viewer. And then on the way out I love how he tips his cowl to the people moving out of his way. Adam West always played it completely straight and that's part of what makes it so amazing.

X-O fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 10, 2017

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I'm so glad I got to see him at awesome con last year and that he got to finish one last great media project as Batman before he went.

But he was 88 and had a great life, so good for him on that, too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FYI, I bought Adam West's DVD a few years ago and it's one of the weirdest funniest things I own and I love it. I think I'll watch some of it today. It's called Adam West Naked, so yeah go ahead and do a Google Search for that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Adam West was once offered the opportunity to play James Bond, but declined because he thought James Bond should only be played by a British actor.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
My favorite on the show was Egghead or whatever his name was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
Vincent Price has that effect on most.

e: He was the actor for egghead, obviously

• Locked thread