Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Dalzranorth

[Dalzranorth walks up to the cage, looks it over a bit, braces himself, hooks a claw on the cage door and proceeds to fall backwards, dislodging only a single iron bar.] "Oof!" [He looks a bit embarrassed. he stands back up flexes a bit to loosen up, braces again, hooks his claws around the lock part of the cage door this time, and pulls the door free]
"There we go, just needed a little bit of elbow grease."

[After helping the gnome out of the cage he speaks in gnomish] "May I ask your name friend gnome? Also, we don't have much in the way of extra clothes or armor for you, but we can spear a scimitar, shield, or a bow and some arrows, or perhaps some daggers."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sunless Citadel

34. GOBLIN STOCKADE

The gnome crawls out of the cage and dusts himself off. "I am Erky Timbers. Thank you for your help." He bends over and picks up one of the bars, and swings it like a club a few times. "I think I will be okay as far as weapons go, and I don't wear armor."

Reminder the Roll20 is Here

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Feng Shen
17HP 6/6 PSI

"What does that make you, then? Some sort of noncombatant, or a monk perhaps? Can't be a wizard, or you wouldn't be stuck in there. Perhaps it would be best if you avoided any combat."

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Bugsy

Still standing at the door on guard, Bugsy spits on the ground.

"Probably tried to illusion his way through a knife fight. Unless there's a reward for him or his head, question him and let's get back to work."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sunless Citadel

34. GOBLIN STOCKADE

"I am a man of the cloth. An acolyte. I can call upon the power of my faith if necessary."

He gives the bugbear a sidelong glance, but doesn't respond to the racism.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Dalzranorth

"The way back to the surface is clear of goblins and the most dire of giant rats if you wish to get out of here." [Dalz looks to the rest of the party for a moment] "Or you felt safer in a group you could come with us. We are... not the most conventional band you'll meet, and we are headed deeper into the goblin lairs to retrieve some other adventurers... and to retrieve a kidnapped dragon from the goblins... and I guess investigate some weird apples. But anyway those seem like the two options you have. Also, you wouldn't happen to know a Talgen or a Sharwyn by any chance would you?"

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Erdan Pashala

"We would appreciate the assistance of a man of the cloth. Which god favours you?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sunless Citadel

34. GOBLIN STOCKADE

"I follow the Gnome god Baravar Cloakshadow." Erky responds.

"The midsummer fruit restores spirit and vigor to those who eat it; the pale midwinter fruit steals the same. Belak allows the goblins to sell the fruit on the surface, but I don't know why."

"The goblins caught three of them over a month ago. and they were captives with me in here for a while. They aid their names were Talgen, Sharwyn, and Sir Braford. The goblins kept them in here only about a week before they removed them. Belak wanted them, and that"s the last I've heard about that."

Meanwhile the kobolds, after being freed, speak with Meepo for a bit and then head back the way you came.

After a bit of time Crushclaw inspects the northwest door, finding no traps then tries to open it quietly. He doesn't do all that well on either front but the door opens.

38. GOBLIN PANTRY

The north and south walls of this chamber are stacked halfway to the ceiling with ill-made barrels, boxes, and crates. A clear path allows easy access between the west and east doors.

Oil is loaded on Dalzranorth and Crushclaw takes some of the elf pudding.

Then Erdan opens the next door.

39. DRAGON HAZE

Several torches mounted in crude sconces burn fitfully around this chamber, filling the air with a haze. A double row of marble columns carved with entwining dragons runs the length of the hall.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 31, 2017

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Erdan Pashala

Examines the far door of the goblin pantry, and enters into the room with carved dragons.

"Looks clear, guys, but I can't get this door open."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sunless Citadel

39. DRAGON HAZE

The group gathers at Crushclaw's call but the goblin voices Feng heard coming from the western door cease in response. Crushclaw then shouts for the goblins to reveal themselves, and indeed 3 goblins enter the room, but from the southern door.

Feng quickly takes out two of them with a gust of air, and Erdan puts down the last goblin.

After a moment the group takes a quick look into the room they came from.

36. GOBLIN BANDITS

The stench, garbage, and carrion here are evidence of years of use by unsanitary tenants. Tattered hides stretched on frames form six unstable hammocks around a much-used firepit. Battered cooking equipment is mixed indiscriminately with broken or worn arms and armor.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Dalzranorth

[After falling down a pit trap and pulling himself back out Dalzranorth busts open the latest locked door that was giving them trouble, only to find the hall full of kobolds from the beginning of the adventure]
"Oops... er"
[puffing up a bit and in draconic] "We have cleared the goblins guarding the paths to their lair. We will continue in our quest."
[With that, Dalz dues what he can to pull the door shut and tries to get back over the pit trap, with the expected result.]

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sunless Citadel

36. GOBLIN BANDITS

After some maneuvering the group gets back to where they were before the embarrassing event, then Crushclaw quietly moves up to a door and tries to open it stealthily, he doesn't do a good job but no one seems to notice immediately.

40. GOBLINVILLE

What might once have been a cathedral is now a goblin lair, thick with the filth of years of goblin life.

Scores of wall- and floor-mounted sconces filled with violet-glowing fungi provide illumination. Dozens of goblins go about their daily business, which involves a lot of rudeness and violence. Along the southern wall is a heaping pile of assorted items, including wagon wheels, broken armor and rusted arms, chests, small statues, antique furniture, and artwork.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Bugsy

As the door opens, but nobody turns to look, Crushclaw spots several goblins, not nearly as well armed as those they've encountered before.

Feeling particularly annoyed, for they have so far all utterly failed to respect his bugbearness and it's place on the Goblinoid Food Chain, he swings his warhammer at the first one he can see (Crit+sneak attack), utterly destroying it's head. Before they can react, he takes a step into the room, crushes another goblin's head with ease, and then retreats back to the hallway to stand next to Dalzranorth.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Hey please drop me if you haven't already. I'm evaced for this stupid hurricane and wont be around for a while depending on the damage. Sorry!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Dalzranorth

"After that fight I say we give give ourselves a few hours to catch our breath."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Sunless Citadel

The group explores and finds the dragon, who does not seem to want to return. After knocking the dragon out they return it to the kobolds and receive a dragon carved key as payment. After going about a few rooms trying to figure out where they have gone, and fighting some more goblins, the group makes their way back toward the entrance. They return to the room with the dragon carved door that they could not open before.

The key fits in the keyhole, and unlocks the mechanical and magical locks upon the door, as well as disarming the traps. Opening the door.

7. GALLERY OF FORLORN NOTES

As the door opens, a hissing noise and a puff of dust around the door indicate that the chamber beyond has been sealed for ages . Dust, long undisturbed, covers every surface in this large gallery. The air here is stale.

Three alcoves are on the north wall, and one is on the south wall. Each alcove contains a dust covered stone pedestal with a fist-sized crystalline globe resting on it. The globes in the northern alcoves are cracked and dark, but the globe in the southern alcove glows with a soft blue light. Faint tinkling notes issue from it.

• Locked thread