Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Zemo Winterborn

"I'm personally quite glad I don't know what was in that crate - anything that stinks like that isn't something I want to know about."

Like the old tiefling at his left, the Corgi favored tea tonight - he'd grown to appreciate both the flavor and the alertness a strong brew could give on the long, wooded roads from his homeland. Here in the tavern, he relaxed in traveling clothes, armor and sword under a squire's careful watch while he reflected on this newest adventure - or he would reflect, if not for some rather blunt questioning.

"Well, you see, I....uh. Well. Buggeration, why'd he even ask if he's just going to walk off." he grumbled, and turned to Erdan. "Not a bad thought, lad. Though the imagination staggers somewhat trying to figure out what sort of name might encompass a lively band of unlikely fellows like us," he said, half-teasing.

He took a hearty sip of his drink, and flagged down one of the servers. "Something hot, if you please - soup, if you have it, and enough for the table, thank you." Pause. "...perhaps a double helping for our bugbear and dragon companions."

Feng Shen is a surprise - the scholarly, otherworldy air about him almost makes him seem like one of the fey. Clearly, whatever Zemo thought he knew about Tieflings is in dire need of expansion and revision.
Dalzanorth reminds him of more than a few gnomes he's met - but with that fierce edge he expected from a dragon. Definitely someone worth fighting alongside - and to share a drink and a tale with after!
Bugsy....makes the paladin uneasy. Not enough to avoid adventuring with him, but enough to recognize that there was some danger and darkness there to keep an eye on.
If Feng Shen reminded him of something fey, Guzzler absolutely does; any one of a thousand tales of strange warriors and wandering heroes could easily fit him right in. Far enough outside his experience that he's just glad the Kenku is friendly.
Erdan is a delight - no adventuring group is complete without a trained bard! And...well, it probably helped that at least one of them wouldn't get any strange looks passing through towns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Zemo

In the end, the Corgi doesn't contribute too much to the tale, save for the parts he actually played, and at one point some eerie howling for dramatic effect (all good tales need a little embellishment now and again, after all).

That changes once the stranger approaches the table; the little knight certainly does have some questions!

"Indeed, I do have a few questions. Such as, why us? Certainly, we're a formidable-seeming group, but we hardly have much of a reputation around the place - as a group, that is - so you're just going off appearances here." he pointed out. "And what where they headed there for? Some ancient treasure in need of digging up - or some foe in need of vanquishing? It might be quite helpful to know if they expected to receive trouble on the way."

Pause.

"...And of course, last of all but certainly not least, which way to the Citadel? I might have some questions about the whole thing, but I can hardly leave fellow adventurers in peril, after all!"

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Zemo

The Corgi and leans over to provide a comforting pat on the back, sighing dramatically all the while. "There there, let it all out, it'll be alright. Have yourself one of these nice bowls of soup and some chicken and we'll send you up to recover in a nice warm bed. Doesn't that sound lovely?"

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Zemo

"If we're betting, I'll throw in. You might get the most - but ten coins says I'll get the first blood." the little corgi tosses out with a smirk.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Zemo

The corgi makes sure to leave a few coins behind in the room for the shaken fellow; hopefully enough to get him home, at least.

In the morning he takes a good long while to get ready; brushed, flossed, floofed and armored, which takes a while even with the help of a squire (who would, in no uncertain terms, not be going with them to adventure, obviously, so it behooved him to prepare as much as possible today). Once armored and armed, he joins the company in time to catch Dalzanorth's cheerful good morning greeting.

"Ah, good thinking, friend. Never a bad idea to plan ahead on an adventure!" he said, all grins. "We should probably stock up on dry rations and beer; food and fresh water aren't always easy to find on the trail, and we should consider tents if we don't already have one."

He of course was well-prepared, with his own cart and riding mastiff, but it never hurt to be extra-prepped!

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Zemo

The corgi is the last to join in, leaving his cart behind and taking a moment to leave his mastiff with strict instructions not to wander too far away while hunting. He swears a little at his own pokiness when he hears the sounds of combat already, and rushes down the rope to join the party.

Sorry, sorry, it's been a crazy few days, didn't mean to hold the game up! Climbing down the rope to join the rest of the party and fight some rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Zemo

It wasn't a particularly graceful maneuver, and it rattled his bones right up to his skull, but it worked - one popped rat, one mostly-alive paladin!

"Well! That...was an exciting start. Lets hope it doesn't get too much crazier, haha!" he said with a little grin, and then grimaced on account of his aching paws, and sets to patching up himself and Dalzanorth, soft green light emanating from his hands as he passes out a little healing.

"Now then...lets see where this path leads us, shall we?"

Heading down the stairway from the ledge, weapons out, just in case!

• Locked thread